Sign in to follow this  
rosenhart

HFB Servers - What's going on?

Hey everyone, I'm having a problem with HFB servers. I bought a 50 slot server and I've been waiting for over 24 hours for the server to work. I installed the mod along with the update for it (epoch) and I can't even join the server. It simply does this when I try to join the server: http://prntscr.com/3muts2 and it also says that ot's in a state that doesn't allow me to play http://prntscr.com/3muu2i Is it HFB Servers issue or is it my issue? I submitted a ticket but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

The second picture just means, that the server just restarted. Usually when you join the server and it starts up that is gone.

I don't think it's HFB's fault. Are you sure you have everything installed properly? What does your ARMA2OASERVER.rpt say?

Quite honestly: running a DayZ / ARMA server is something fairly difficult. There are hosts out there that help you with it and give you some tools to make it easier, but that also means that you're losing the freedom to change everything you wanted to.

HFB is not one of those hosts, they do the opposite. They give you access to almost everything, which is a good thing for experienced users, but if you just started out it's not that good.

The second picture just means, that the server just restarted. Usually when you join the server and it starts up that is gone.

I don't think it's HFB's fault. Are you sure you have everything installed properly? What does your ARMA2OASERVER.rpt say?

Quite honestly: running a DayZ / ARMA server is something fairly difficult. There are hosts out there that help you with it and give you some tools to make it easier, but that also means that you're losing the freedom to change everything you wanted to.

HFB is not one of those hosts, they do the opposite. They give you access to almost everything, which is a good thing for experienced users, but if you just started out it's not that good.

I don't know how to read the RPT. Here's the link for it https://www.mediafire.com/?ll6mrsyr7nl24nb

You have an awful lot of errors in that .rpt, infact it only consists of errors.

If you haven't changed anything about the dayz_server.pbo nor the missionfile on your server, please open a ticket with HFB so they install the correct default ones.

If you have changed something about the dayz_server.pbo or the missionfile, please revert back to default.

I'm willing to guess this has been remedied by now, as my HFB server was down--and is now back up.  In any case, checking your hiveEXT should also give you an indicator if the issue is the gameserver, or it's connection to the hive (assuming it's an official hive server).  

If you've got repeated lines of:

2014-05-22 04:31:59 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Can't connect to MySQL server on '173.208.122.66' (10060), retrying in 1 seconds
2014-05-22 04:32:22 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Can't connect to MySQL server on '173.208.122.66' (10060), retrying in 1 seconds
2014-05-22 04:32:44 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Can't connect to MySQL server on '173.208.122.66' (10060), retrying in 1 seconds
2014-05-22 04:33:06 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Can't connect to MySQL server on '173.208.122.66' (10060), retrying in 1 seconds
2014-05-22 04:33:28 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Can't connect to MySQL server on '173.208.122.66' (10060), retrying in 1 seconds
2014-05-22 04:33:50 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Can't connect to MySQL server on '173.208.122.66' (10060), retrying in 1 seconds

This is your server telling you it cannot connect to the hive to pull your instance's data.  Basically your game server is able to launch the mission, but at most you'll get the lobby screen you showed in your images.  Other times you may simply see "wait for host".

In any case, hope you got it sorted.

Cheers,
Jimmy

This is your server telling you it cannot connect to the hive to pull your instance's data.  Basically your game server is able to launch the mission, but at most you'll get the lobby screen you showed in your images.  Other times you may simply see "wait for host".

It wasn't HFB's fault in this case. We had a minor downtime of the hive some time last week. It is resolved now, so everything should be fine. If you experience any problems with character- / tent- or vehicledata, please let me know.

In this case the .rpt indicates that you've got Epoch installed, but are missing files. Make sure to install both the default dayz_server.pbo as well as the default missionfile (something like dayz_1.chernarus.pbo)

Edited by kichilron

It wasn't HFB's fault in this case. We had a minor downtime of the hive some time last week. It is resolved now, so everything should be fine. If you experience any problems with character- / tent- or vehicledata, please let me know.

In this case the .rpt indicates that you've got Epoch installed, but are missing files. Make sure to install both the default dayz_server.pbo as well as the default missionfile (something like dayz_1.chernarus.pbo)

My database hasn't even been created yet and it's been 4 days so far. I reset it all to default and still get the same issue. I created a ticket 4 days ago about this and I still have no got a reply about this.

Edited by Tohka214

My database hasn't even been created yet and it's been 4 days so far. I reset it all to default and still get the same issue. I created a ticket 4 days ago about this and I still have no got a reply about this.

Not much I can help you with. Try reinstalling your serverpackage using the Mod Manager.

Not much I can help you with. Try reinstalling your serverpackage using the Mod Manager.

I just chargedback instead. I bought Vert hosting and it was all set up for me within an hour. 

HFB's understaffed it would appear.  I know it's no help to you know, but I put in a ticket on the 18th of last month (May) and it's never been answered (as of 6, June). My server experienced the same downtime (when the hive had issues) although my issues started days before that and lasted a few days after.  I took nearly a week of downtime, and we dropped from 19th in DayZ server ranks to whatever you see in my sig now. 289th, as of this post.

I can't very well speak out against HFB, as they've been a great host to me personally, and have always given me what I asked for.  It just seems as though they are buried under an insurmountable wall of tickets currently, and won't be making quick replies.  I'm dealing with it, but I am not saying you should have.  I've been there for nearly two years and our server is (errr was?) well established.  

Just my $.02

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 3

I can't very well speak out against HFB, as they've been a great host to me personally, and have always given me what I asked for.  It just seems as though they are buried under an insurmountable wall of tickets currently, and won't be making quick replies.  I'm dealing with it, but I am not saying you should have.  I've been there for nearly two years and our server is (errr was?) well established. 

I don't think the support of HFB was ever perfect, but it offered you exactly what you needed at a point where others couldn't do it. That was full ACP and FTP access with the possibility to have your own custom mod installed on a server, if you wish to do so.

The reality is, that noone can make enough money out of DayZ Mod / ARMA servers alone to have enough Staff. The market is just so big, that the prices have to be extraordinarily low, that way you can't really pay anyone for support anymore.

If you have ever thought about creating your own GSP-company - then don't.

• Like 1

As Kichilron states HFB is for experienced users who understand server management.  I'd recommend it for people who have knowledge with servers, relational databases and general IT experience.  

I've been using them since April of last year and they are great.  I love the control I have but simply setting up RDP, port access, IP blocking etc... is all on you.

For me it's great but it might not be everyone's provider. 

I don't think the support of HFB was ever perfect, but it offered you exactly what you needed at a point where others couldn't do it. That was full ACP and FTP access with the possibility to have your own custom mod installed on a server, if you wish to do so.

The reality is, that noone can make enough money out of DayZ Mod / ARMA servers alone to have enough Staff. The market is just so big, that the prices have to be extraordinarily low, that way you can't really pay anyone for support anymore.

If you have ever thought about creating your own GSP-company - then don't.

Hit the nail on the head.  I had a GSP years back, high-end Valve games servers (TF2, CS:, etc.) and you're right--not worth it at all.  It's literally impossible, as you mentioned, to cover costs, pay support, and make money.  I have nothing but respect for anyone willing to do it.  Having spent time on both sides of the coin certainly provides perspective...

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

You have to admit that their servers aren't even bad from a hardware perspective. I have a testserver running and forgot to password it.

It was running about three months in which I didn't do anything with it, and when I came back to it I realised people were playing it. It never once crashed or lost much of its performance in the three months. The only thing you'd see was that there were about 3,000 helicrashes on the map (most likely the reason people were on there :D )

I've been there for nearly two years and our server is (errr was?) well established.  

I forgot to mention. You'll notice an increase in players as soon as you update to 1.8.1.

You then will notice a decrease again, though - as there are massive problems with the switch from GameSpy to Steam Server Browser. People don't know it yet. DayZCommander hasn't updated yet. Etc, etc. pp.

It's only brought issues for us thus far.

• Like 1

Hey guys, we host a great number of servers for HFBServers and have been trying to get in contact with them. Has anyone heard back anything from them in the past 2 weeks?

I have a feeling a great number of users will have their service affected, so trying to prevent this before it gets too bad. 

Edited by RSNET-Radic

Hey guys, we host a great number of servers for HFBServers and have been trying to get in contact with them. Has anyone heard back anything from them in the past 2 weeks?

I have a feeling a great number of users will have their service affected, so trying to prevent this before it gets too bad. 

I've been unable to reach anyone there at all for just under a month.  I don't hold high hopes for hearing back, at least not in time to save anyone grief.

If you're able to manually update your server to 1.8.1 I recommend doing so, as no updates seem to be forthcoming via TCadmin.  If I hear anything I'll report back.

Cheers,

Jimmy

I've been unable to reach anyone there at all for just under a month.  I don't hold high hopes for hearing back, at least not in time to save anyone grief.

If you're able to manually update your server to 1.8.1 I recommend doing so, as no updates seem to be forthcoming via TCadmin.  If I hear anything I'll report back.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Jimmy, they have dedicated servers with us (or had). I was just concerned for their customers. 

• Like 1