Loopest

I deleted DayZ.cfg! Someone help!

So, I accidentally deleted DayZ.cfg when editing my DayZ folder earlier today.

Is there any way to get it back? 

By the way, before you answer, please make sure you know what you are talking about.

Go into your recycle bin and find DayZ.cfg, upon finding it, right click it and press Restore.

• Like 1

That file is autocreated if missing, just relaunch the game and editvahain as you please.

If you feel paranoid check game integrity but it will not restore that file sinve its created by game if isnt already there whit default settings.

You you feel fancy you coul try Recuva to restore the delete one

• Like 1

I think he wants to retrieve his DayZ config, not create a new, default one.

If it isn't in the recycle bin there might be a way to retrieve it from the Steam cloud but I'm not 100% sure. Do a bit of Googling. :)

Recuva serve that purpose ^ ^

Restore deleted files, even from empty bin and forgot to say its free too.

You should have backed it up ... If you deleted it with shift delete you're probably f***** :) If you are just worried that the game won't start, it will generate default config as KamiofKOS mentioned above. However, there are plenty of configs availible to download all over the internet.

Recuva serve that purpose ^ ^

Restore deleted files, even from empty bin and forgot to say its free too.

If you use Recuva you need to do it as soon as possible, or the 'deleted' file will start to be overwritten - the 'deleted' file space is marked as empty and the PC starts to use the space for whatever purposes associated with that logical drive. So more or less any pc activity may overwrite the file locations rather soon (it's still there after deletion, but the operating system has flagged its locations as available to be written to).

Edited by pilgrim