Sign in to follow this  
Goat Boy

Video Memory only allows 512mb/Bad FPS

Usually my Mac runs games pretty well. I don't know why my game is so slow. I have looked up many  graphic settings to help, but the only problem is my video memory setting only allows at maximum 512 mb. I am using an application called crossover to help me run DayZ on my mac, but I don't think crossover is the problem. If you know why my video memory is so low please comment.

Any advice is appreciated.  :)  :thumbsup:

Could it be that your video ONLY has 512mb of ram? That's what my last graphics card had.

Anyway to amp it up?

You can amp it up by buying a gaming PC. DayZ is a very intensive game at the moment with a lack of optimizations to performance and having a mac with a terrible Gfx card will only pile on the problems.

Well I play rust and dayZ came out earlier and rust runs perfectly. I dun get it

Well I play rust and dayZ came out earlier and rust runs perfectly. I dun get it

hmm perfectly u say? how perfect? which settings and how much frames u have in rust?

sry but 2gb is standart today..

hmm perfectly u say? how perfect? which settings and how much frames u have in rust?

sry but 2gb is standart today..

My settings have render quality down, water reflection off, and vsync off.

Also I run on Fastest Graphics

Edited by Goat Boy

Simple answer? Different game engines are not designed equally.