Sign in to follow this  
Loopest

Cooking Wishlist

So, with the recent introduction of cooking, I figured I'd start with my wishlist for future patches.

SALMONELLA POISONING:

When handling raw meat, gloves would be required to avoid poisoning by Salmonella, which would make you throw up randomly, eventually killing you.

SLICE/GUT AN ANIMAL INTO A SELCTED AMOUNT OF PIECES:

• When gutting an animal, there would be an option to cut into thirds, fourths, or even eighths.

This list is going to grow/shrink for a while B)

• Like 1

SLICE/GUT AN ANIMAL INTO A SELCTED AMOUNT OF PIECES:

• When gutting an animal, there would be an option to cut into thirds, fourths, or even eighths.

why should we do that to an animal? fetish!?

a salmonella poisening cant happen if u cook the meat...

we have no working freezers ingame... u have to eat the meat or it get very fast rotten... this can make u really sick.

why should we do that to an animal? fetish!?

......cutting meat into more manageable sizes is apparently my fetish now i guess

......cutting meat into more manageable sizes is apparently my fetish now i guess

wheres the proplem withe the current size? u dont like steaks?

how about cooking rice, or mixing ingredients in your cooking pot to make tasty meals like beef casserole with cold canned spaghetti sauce, delicious...

• Like 1

Hope they add actual organs too (intestines, liver, heart, eyeballs, etc)  Would add more realism.

• Like 1

Hope they add actual organs too (intestines, liver, heart, eyeballs, etc)  Would add more realism.

Hell yes organ stew !..

Or I'd much prefer to just collect animal organs as my preciousnesses to take home and make an as big pile as i can in my  industrial quarters squalor and just roll around in them while they rot with flies buzzing around

But seriously that is an awesome idea and they should rot also and so should meat of course

The progression of cooked meats goes from Raw to Ready to Burnt in too short a time frame at the moment.

Perhaps it should go from Raw to Rare - Medium Rare - Medium - Medium Well - Well Done - Burnt - Hockey Puck.

Duration of each temperature perhaps 30 seconds or a minute?

But each temperature gradation will reduce the energy value of the steak as more of the juices are cooked out of the meat.

So: Rare = 100% - 90% - 80% - 70% - 60% - 25% Zero.

Perhaps this is too pedantic but as it stands at the moment it is absurd!

Just recently I killed a dear and extracted 4 steaks from the animal. Each steak was about 80+% of the quarter of the carcass. So when I ate one, I had to eat it in 2 bites and it did not impact my health bar at all! Now a dear is a large animal, to eat 1/4 of an animal that size is a significant amount, so I would like to know how much nutrition I received from it? Are there tables where this information is shown?

Edited by Poindexter

starting a fire in a house fireplace to cook food or the heating stove you can find in the red brick restaurants but when you do that smoke comes from the chimney.  and using a gas can to light the white cookers. but using a gas can to light the cooker should use most of the gas and you can make a penny stove from 2 cola cans and use medical alcohol or petrol as fuel.  FOR HOT  :beans:  :thumbsup: :D

Edited by Boxer23

I don't think we should just outright get salmonella if we don't wear gloves that would be silly.

I mean all the gloves in the game you just find laying around anyway...find them on dirt, protects against salmonella!

They should just have a spoiling %  so at 50% there's a 50/50 chance you could get salmonella so it becomes a risk but if you wash the meat then you could eat it raw so long as it wasn't days old.

Eating raw meat doesn't just outright make you ill so it shouldn't be that way in the game.

• Like 1

I think a penny stove will be a good craftable item all you need is 2 cola cans a knife or something sharp and fuel like alcohol or petrol it is very small so it will only take one slot in your bag  

I'd like to have salt in the game and be able to preserve meat by rubbing it with salt.

And of course salted meat would make you thirsty.

Edited by pistaaaa

Cooking times should be timed to be as close to real life as possible...

Also, eating hot food should energize you more, as for example hot beans are just better for you because it keeps you warm and therefore minimizes energy expenditure on heat.

Raw meat does make most people sick. The organs in our body which used to deal with uncooked meat are either useless now (appendix) or have adapted to cooked food (stomach and ileum). Some people can eat raw meat and feel fine, but as a generalization it will give you food poisoning due to a sudden influx of bacteria which our digestive system isn't used to.

Finally, the benefits of cooking have to outweigh the effort put into doing it, otherwise people will just eat raw beans. Maybe if hypothermia were made into a bigger risk then eating hot food would be beneficial.

• Like 1

i agree with everything except the cooking time it takes up to 30min to cook and in a game that can be most of the time some players plan on playing.  even 10min  waiting for food is to long in a game.                                                                                                                        they can give the private servers the option to do that for real hardcore games

Edited by Boxer23

i agree with everything except the cooking time it takes up to 30min to cook and in a game that can be most of the time some players plan on playing.  even 10min  waiting for food is to long in a game.                                                                                                                        they can give the private servers the option to do that for real hardcore games

if you aren't fussy, or are french, then cooking a steak can literally take one minute. Heating up ready made food such as beans can take only around 2 minutes. I am thinking about stuff like rice, casseroles, stews etc.

Would like to see a recipe book added to the game as loot!

If you put in your meal onion and garlic it will show antibiotic result if you sick. And snails should be in game on random walls, surface of trees especially if weather rainy snails could be big group on walls or trees. If you eat snails raw you mıght get sick if you cook you wıll be safe.

you should be able to combine frying pan's to cooking pot's using rope to save space and you should be able to put any gear that will fit in a cooking pot not just meat and you should be able to turn items on there side to fit them in odd shaped slots like a knife is 2 slots vertical so you can turn it horizontal to fit it in your gear