Nickisis

Can you access other people's backpacks?

Myself and the other two people I play with are going to store some blood bags for future use, but if one of us goes unconscious can the rest of us get in his backpack to get a blood bag?  Can you in general get into other peoples backpacks that are near you?

Yes you can do that.

But why didn't you just try it out? ^^

It's just like standing there and the backpack contents are shown in your vincinity view

Only if they are dead, unconsious or restrained. If the player was shot the items may be ruined.

Edited by zudo_1337
  • Like 1

Ohrly.

See, didn't know that one.

I only went to save a friends stash every now and then when he got shot at the airfield again.

So I was doing that on a dead character all the time.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Edited by Nickisis

Like everything else, bloodbags can get ruined when shot. I highly recommend storing a bloodbag in your pants, ideally in a container like a protective case or a medbag - if you are shot in the legs, you are less likely to need it compared to being shot in the chest. Well at least we do it that way and everyone simply carries his own blood, no probs with bloodtypes that way. Or you keep more of them spread out.Just make sure to know your bloodtypes or keep track of who's blood is where. That reminds me, I wanted to check if I can use pens to name blood bags...

Edited by bautschi