Fiskbatch

EU110 Admin abuse (?)

Me and my pal was playing on EU110 when I heard gunshots. We ran off towards the source when we saw a Offroad-truck. The truck was then driven through the town Zelenogorsk towards the Fuel pumps. We equipped our sniper rifles and observed patiently. They then stopped at the fuel pumps and we saw one of them beside the vehicle. We went ahead and opened fire. The person was hit and killed. One of them then drove off across the field while we were busy shooting at it. It stopped, and the player got out, hiding behind the car out of our vision. We moved and the server crashed. It crashed, because the admin "Oatemeal" wanted it to be so. This did nothing, however. And we continued on a few minutes later. The player "Oatemeal" then died due to injuries/zombies. The last player was shot down (3 in total) and we triumphed victoriously. We went ahead to the vehicle, repaired it, looted the person lying next to it.

I saved the vehicle, and journeyed to the fuel pumps to find the body. My pal, at the same time, drove the truck into the forest for protection. I could find no body, and we met up and drove off due north. During this time we heard "Oatemeal" talk over voice chat a multiple times talking about "you have nice guns" and making odd, orgasmic and sad noises over all. After a couple of minutes the server crashed and I could see on the player list how every player except for Oatemeal were disconnected. We logged in and found the car missing. We went back and were incapable of finding it anywhere.

Conclusion:

Admin "oatemeal" (We know for a fact that it was oatemeal and that he is an admin) crashed server in order to survive. He then crashed the server later on and the vehicle, a.k.a our prize had magically disappeared. Happened @ about 02:00 GMT+1(Sweden). His two friends were named "Frodey" and "hachetharriet" (or something like). I have zero photographical evidence of any kind, so... I dont know. Watch out for those sad f**ks.

Just had to vent, even though it will most likely do no good. ^^

Hmm I often play on that server and can't say I've ever noticed this sort of thing happening.

If I'm not mistaken the time you are referring to was around the time all the servers went down tonight (where I live it's tonight anyway). You sure it's not just coincidence?

Also your story seems a bit too complex to be true if you ask me. Sounds more like you are pissed off that someone stole your vehicle...

Hmm I often play on that server and can't say I've ever noticed this sort of thing happening.

If I'm not mistaken the time you are referring to was around the time all the servers went down tonight (where I live it's tonight anyway). You sure it's not just coincidence?

Also your story seems a bit too complex to be true if you ask me. Sounds more like you are pissed off that someone stole your vehicle...

It was after the servers were down. And I can tell for a fact that perfect server crash timing is very, very unlikely. Twice. We were out looking for a vehicle when we heard the gunshots and saw the vehicle thereafter. The story is a little more complex than I told it. This whole thing with the shooting happened across a few minutes. And it's very much true. As I said, I have no evidence. Just saying, watch out for that admin. Crashing the server twice (whereas one of the times he was the only one on the server) is very unlikely. EU110 crashes quite a lot, but never twice in such a perfect situation. And since the admin was involved... I must believe it was him who was fiddeling.

I was the person driving the vehicle in question after you opened fire.

Now, my half of this. We stopped to refuel at the pumps, as you said. I then logged out to check the beta patches (as the server routinely disconnects me, my theory was that my beta patch for the ArmA engine was a bit wonk). When I logged back in, I found my two comrades dead so I immediately got into the Off-road to make a get away. I made it a fair distance before coming under fire again and the tires blew out, after this I hunched down behind the car to return fire.

At this point the red Desync icon greeted me and then I disconnected. Now, you claim the server had been restarted when actuality the server had crashed, I then contacted the Admin via skype and asked him to reboot it, we managed to connect for some minutes before being shoved off again, the server claiming it was running an earlier version of the game not letting us play, showing us the black screen "This server is running the incorrect blah blah etc etc." So I dropped out and waited until the server troubles blew over (it's worth noting that none of us could access the mod's website at that point also so we presumed that the central server was down) We contacted the server owner also to make sure who did not get back to us. Now, in the periods I did manage to log in, I found myself in front of the Offroad again, I got in and was shot out and died. Losing the vehicle (obviously gutted but that's just how the game is.)

The fact is, we did not partake in foul play to save the vehicle, the server did crash and wouldn't let us (perhaps the select few of us was unable to connect but you were) connect so we reset it to fix the problem created another problem and lost the vehicle anyhow.

We did not, in any way, cheat or some such to save the vehicle. We lost it to you anyway. EU110 crashes tremendously and crops up with issues all the time. If you do not trust the server do not play on it. It was a legit event and could of happened at any time.

What's more is I DO NOT appreciate being called a sad fuck on public forums.

Proof or just your word against his?

No point posting if you don't have a shred of evidence to back it up.

I was the person driving the vehicle in question after you opened fire.

Now' date=' my half of this. We stopped to refuel at the pumps, as you said. I then logged out to check the beta patches (as the server routinely disconnects me, my theory was that my beta patch for the ArmA engine was a bit wonk). When I logged back in, I found my two comrades dead so I immediately got into the Off-road to make a get away. I made it a fair distance before coming under fire again and the tires blew out, after this I hunched down behind the car to return fire.

At this point the red Desync icon greeted me and then I disconnected. Now, you claim the server had been restarted when actuality the server had crashed, I then contacted the Admin via skype and asked him to reboot it, we managed to connect for some minutes before being shoved off again, the server claiming it was running an earlier version of the game not letting us play, showing us the black screen "This server is running the incorrect blah blah etc etc." So I dropped out and waited until the server troubles blew over (it's worth noting that none of us could access the mod's website at that point also so we presumed that the central server was down) We contacted the server owner also to make sure who did not get back to us. Now, in the periods I did manage to log in, I found myself in front of the Offroad again, I got in and was shot out and died. Losing the vehicle (obviously gutted but that's just how the game is.)

The fact is, we did not partake in foul play to save the vehicle, the server did crash and wouldn't let us (perhaps the select few of us was unable to connect but you were) connect so we reset it to fix the problem created another problem and lost the vehicle anyhow.

We did not, in any way, cheat or some such to save the vehicle. We lost it to you anyway. EU110 crashes tremendously and crops up with issues all the time. If you do not trust the server do not play on it. It was a legit event and could of happened at any time.

What's more is I DO NOT appreciate being called a sad fuck on public forums.

[/quote']

So you didn't crash the server for your own interest? Good, I'll take your word for it. It seemed too suspicious for the server to crash, twice, when the timing was perfect. Especially since the admin was on, and he was one of the three we killed. Also everyone on the server were kicked out and "Oatemeal" was the only one connected, just seemed suspicious. I apologize for calling you sad f**ks IF you had nothing to do with it. It was just shitty to get the vehicle, kill 3 people and lose it all. Due to two server crashes like that. Nice to see that the admin is not abusing it then(?). I can impossibly trust you and your friends completely. But still.

Thank you for the apology, it's good to not see another internet-douchebag. I can understand you being unable to trust our argument completely as is the nature of arguments anyhow. I also understand how shitty it is to work your day away for a vehicle and get it taken away (as I was shot out of one ;) )

And glad this didn't turn into a giant flame war. In future if there's suspicion of any admin abuse then send me a personal message on this forum or some such.

Thanks.

Proof or just your word against his?

No point posting if you don't have a shred of evidence to back it up.

I already said in my original post that I had no evidence. Just wanted people to be a little suspicious if meeting him. Or if someone else had a similar experience with that particular admin, they could share it.