Nickprovs

Why Can't I Place My Tent Anywhere!?

I don't necessarily know if this is a bug or not, but I can't seem to place my tent even in the flattest of places. This is just south-west of the North-East Airfield and is well within the maps boundaries. Hell there's even a dead end (running south) of a dirt road next to this spot.

Is it really not flat enough? Can tents not be near even the thinnest of grass/bushes? What am I doing wrong!

ArmA2OA2012-06-2718-49-25-686.jpg

Just gonna say... I wouldn't put my tent in the open like that. I'd find a forest I know how to find again and again and set up there.

Yup it really sucks how tents arn't being fixed in the slightest. I wouldnt bother if i was you unless you want 30 mins of tedium

Just gonna say... I wouldn't put my tent in the open like that. I'd find a forest I know how to find again and again and set up there.

Maybe it's just this bug that I can't put my tent anywhere (if it is in fact a bug) but to my knowledge, the game doesn't let you put tents in forests. In needs to have 9sq meters of clearance (nothing around it) and can must be put in a very flat surface.

If I could put my tent in the woods, I would.

Do the following,

Crouch, 1st person view, look at the ground ahead of you, press G to open your gear and try to place the tent. It wont work the first time, so, move back a little step using your S key and try again while your gear window is still open. Try this like 5-10 times, works!

My tent is actually between 3 evergreen trees so close that i could have only dreamed of. And nope, i wouldnt call that a flat area.

Have fun, and dont forget to mousewheel->save old tent.

People I ran with put tents up next to rocks in a tree line, yet I couldn't place tents on flat ground without trees...

Alpha is buggy, it pretty much defines itself that way. Just keep trying, maybe even relog, or find another spot.

Do the following' date='

Crouch, 1st person view, look at the ground ahead of you, press G to open your gear and try to place the tent. It wont work the first time, so, move back a little step using your S key and try again while your gear window is still open. Try this like 5-10 times, works!

My tent is actually between 3 evergreen trees so close that i could have only dreamed of. And nope, i wouldnt call that a flat area.

[/quote']

thanks!

Do the following' date='

[/quote']

thanks!

Worked for me in 3 out of 3 times . I also had to ask someone before on how to place them. I just added that to the dayz wiki. Hope it works, feedback appreciated. ;)

Yup it really sucks how tents arn't being fixed in the slightest. I wouldnt bother if i was you unless you want 30 mins of tedium

Yeah; or you know 2 minutes of googling the answer that has been on these forums 20 or so times and works perfectly, ninny.

There were even responses to the thread you made days ago telling you exactly what to do. Yet, here you are, still bitching.

Amazing.

. In needs to have 9sq meters of clearance (nothing around it) and can must be put in a very flat surface.

Not really.

1.7.1.1 - [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

arma2oa2012-6-26-19-51-11-214.jpg

People just have no amount of patience these days...

You CAN place tents. It's buggy and it sucks sweaty boar balls but if you really want that tent you gotta suck it up and keep trying. You WILL get it down eventually. Don't believe me?

VuXA7.png

When people are talking about how brutal the game is they are not talking about the bandits or zeds, they are talking about the tents.

It really comes down to how bad you want it.

You CAN place tents. It's buggy and it sucks sweaty boar balls but if you really want that tent you gotta suck it up and keep trying. You WILL get it down eventually. Don't believe me?

When people are talking about how brutal the game is they are not talking about the bandits or zeds' date=' they are talking about the tents.

[/quote']

no way man...

Do the following' date='

[/quote']

VuXA7.png

When people are talking about how brutal the game is they are not talking about the bandits or zeds' date=' they are talking about the tents.

[/quote']

I've tried this for about 15 minutes in several spots. Nothing has worked. I wont claim to say it's impossible, but I'm probably just doing something wrong. I still think the placing of tents can be improved upon as well because it's a bit ridiculous that you have to work this hard to put one down. If you made a video tutorial I'm sure you would get a lot of views ;)

Even putting a tent in EXACTLY the same spot where I had one before the tent wipe was a pain in the ass (and this was in a very open grassy area, hidden only by a large bush about 10 feet away). I knew you could put a tent down there because I had done it before. It STILL took about 20 tries. Someone already perfectly explained the technique above.

Crouch, open your inventory and try (your inventory can remain open between tries), move a tiny bit in any direction and try again. Just keep spamming like this. Sometimes you will get the animation but it won't work, the tent will reappear in your pack. Just keep moving slightly and trying. That's it. No magic, just time and stubborness is all that is required. Probably some luck as well.

Edit: It took me about 3 hours to find a decent spot to put down the 2nd tent I ever found. One more thing, some people are claiming that hackers now have a way to find all tent locations on the map. If this is true, tents are relatively worthless for the time being.

Do the following' date='

[/quote']

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EVERYONE READ THIS, WORKS

You can also place them on a hill :o !!! The problem with tents...they will be found no matter where you put them, eventually.