Sign in to follow this  
Samps

Balistic Vest / Tactical Vest

well, i've seen them in youtube videos and read about them on the dayz wiki, but is the balistic vest and tactical vest still in the game. I have about 300 hours playtime and havent seen one yet, just the assault vests, anit-stab a few times and press vest twice

• Like 1

The press vest IS the ballistic vest AFAIK.

The tactical vest, as it were, was removed. However, in the next update(s) (whenever it comes) a newer version of it is being implemented as per the statements of Chris Torchia.

I believe this was/is the ballistic vest.

tumblr_mqxpuoeFrJ1rd90z0o8_500.png

And this is the new tactical vest...

IAxgtHj.jpg

I have >230 hours, and I finally ran into a press vest earlier this morning.  It was badly damaged so I didn't bother picking it up.  Sometimes things are rare.

The ballistic vest is beige and has no writing on it. Its surprising that so many people haven't seen it, I found lots in the fire stations, however I've never found an anti-stab vest.

The ballistic vest is beige and has no writing on it. Its surprising that so many people haven't seen it, I found lots in the fire stations, however I've never found an anti-stab vest.

Can you post a screenshot? The entirety of Google isn't yielding anything for something supposedly common in your experience.

Edited by Katana67

Can you post a screenshot? The entirety of Google isn't yielding anything for something supposedly common in your experience.

Haven't made any screenshot of it and can't find any pictures, but there is this video.

Haven't made any screenshot of it and can't find any pictures, but there is this video.

How did he find that... 

Neat!

Still very skeptical, never seen one in-game, and it appears to be a different item in the video (it's listed with the shoes, glasses, and helmet vice as a container). That and the YT user has a video of the AK-74 in-game. So, either it's being ported in from the game files separately, or it's ported in from ARMA III somehow.

Cool though!

The tactical vest, as it were, was removed. However, in the next update(s) (whenever it comes) a newer version of it is being implemented as per the statements of Chris Torchia.

And this is the new tactical vest...

IAxgtHj.jpg

I wonder, if I have the old tac vest, will its texture be replaced with the new one, or will it remain, or will it disappear :D

How did he find that... 

Pirate version of dayz.

The tac vest is like a U.K salt vest with lower absorbency. It was taken out of the loot tables because it looked like a life jacket, but you may come across an old character that has one.

http://dayzdb.com/item/355-tactical-vest#/screenshots

The ballistic vest afaik has never been released. It has the same exact stats as a press vest (in fact, the press vest inherits the ballistic vest's stats in the sauce code).

http://dayzdb.com/item/356-ballistic-vest#/screenshots

I like that vest though in the video, that's pretty much exactly what I want to see as a high-end vest in DayZ.