h3ku

Problem with my server (server side application)

The server stopped working at once and get this message.

rEHPC.png

Aye, its definitely on their side. Nothing wrong with our server but that message comes up

I just got d/c'd from a server and upon trying to rejoin a handful of servers, i got this message from all of them.

someone can provide the latest version of the hive file?

Waiting for a fix...

hive central mysql server is flooded too many connections.

Story is a bit longer than that ;). Will make a post in a bit.

Well seeing how just one server can flood the central MYSQL server with over 50 connections and keep them in SLEEP/Alive this is why. Your MYSQL server is getting bogged down from the amount of dedicated servers linked to the central db via the @hive mod.

And then what happens? Simple

MYSQL refuses anymore connections.

This is why the dayzmod.com website is constantly breaking and also why a few servers are getting that error.

This is why the dayzmod.com website is constantly breaking and also why a few servers are getting that error.

Perhaps a new solution should be arranged. lol

Simple enough is let servers have there own central databases. Stops most cheating and stops problems.

I have also been coding my own DB system as I am tired of the hive going BANG

Simple enough is let servers have there own central databases. Stops most cheating and stops problems.

Actually, this would kind of destroy the whole point of the game.

Actually' date=' this would kind of destroy the whole point of the game.

[/quote']

True but it can also be clustered so lets say All Seattle servers could have 1 main database, most clans and users who choose a server as a home don't usually swap much.

This would give admins much more power to stop hackers spawning in items and be able to weed them out of the simple mysql database.

It also resolves a lot of the downtime you get with the dayzmod.com SQL server that the hive currently connects to.

Actually the website is fine, the statistics query is being ran at an unlucky timing, which locked it down while waiting for a response. That vernable link will be fixed soon.

I think the massive persistent world is what attracts a lot of people. I like the way it is now, but to each his own.

I think the massive persistent world is what attracts a lot of people. I like the way it is now' date=' but to each his own.

[/quote']

True :)

Myself I will continue working on my own database system until the hive becomes a little more stable or at least they fix the huge amount of SQL processes it takes but forces them to SLEEP.