Sign in to follow this  
TrampledByTurtles

Flint Strikers & Lighters: A Long Lasting Box of Matches

Lighting Fire

In DayZ, right now, the only source of fire is matches. I want to see a modern way to light fire, cigarette lighters and long-neck lighters, and then an old reliable way to light fire, flint strikers.

Modern Lighters

Unlike years ago, we have a mass produced a way to light fires easily. I have seen two different styles of lighters. Some look really cheap and disposable, and others look like you'd buy fluid for it.

-Disposable Lighter-

bic-600.jpg

197493.jpg

-Long-neck Lighter-

0007650192878_500X500.jpg

Unconventional Lighters

What used to be made for starting fires was strikers. You use these by striking it with a metal piece, or a knife. Lasting longer because of the absence of lighter fluid.

-Flint Striker-

MI0707.JPG

Miscellaneous Lighters

There are also car lighters, usually used to light cigarettes, but can be improvised to start a campfire, with necessary kindling that can be lit easily.

-Car Lighter-

car-cigarette-lighter-high-quality.jpg

This topic on lighters can be expanded greatly to include many other ideas.

• Like 1

Lighting Fire

In DayZ, right now, the only source of fire is matches. I want to see a modern way to light fire, cigarette lighters and long-neck lighters, and then an old reliable way to light fire, flint strikers.

Modern Lighters

Unlike years ago, we have a mass produced a way to light fires easily. I have seen two different styles of lighters. Some look really cheap and disposable, and others look like you'd buy fluid for it.

-Disposable Lighter-

bic-600.jpg

197493.jpg

-Long-neck Lighter-

0007650192878_500X500.jpg

Unconventional Lighters

What used to be made for starting fires was strikers. You use these by striking it with a metal piece, or a knife. Lasting longer because of the absence of lighter fluid.

-Flint Striker-

MI0707.JPG

Miscellaneous Lighters

There are also car lighters, usually used to light cigarettes, but can be improvised to start a campfire, with necessary kindling that can be lit easily.

-Car Lighter-

car-cigarette-lighter-high-quality.jpg

This topic on lighters can be expanded greatly to include many other ideas.

can one finally light people with gasoline poured all over them on fire??!?!?!

can one finally light people with gasoline poured all over them on fire??!?!?!

If DayZ doesn't replicate the gasoline trails ect. from GTAV... I won't know what to say

Lighters have been discussed multiple times,a disposable lighter is enough we don't need the long necked ones. :)

Car lighter would be an awesome item to have ingame though.They should be introduced along with vechicles.

Flint Striker should be a lot less effective than other conventional fire starting equipment

(high chance of failiour-should require multiple tries to start fire).

Lighters have been discussed multiple times,a disposable lighter is enough we don't need the long necked ones. :)

Car lighter would be an awesome item to have ingame though.They should be introduced along with vechicles.

Flint Striker should be a lot less effective than other conventional fire starting equipment

(high chance of failiour-should require multiple tries to start fire).

Yes, I was going to get into a lot more detail about how it was going to work, but it was late when I made this post, so I went to bed