Sign in to follow this  
imstyyle

Admins kick to kill you

After i killed two people at north east, which im assuming were part of the servers clan, everyone on the server was kicked. I tryed to join another server and was unable to load character. Really stupid how when your kicked you character sits down and has to wait for it to de-spawn. Im just about done playing dayz until they fix the tiny bugs.

• Like 2

Doesn't sound like it was the server admins who "kicked" everyone.

Maybe communication between the server and the central hive or maybe an issue with your connection.

Ummmm fix what bugs? The sitting down animation is an intentional thing and the kicking is well...unfortunate. Just change servers.

• Like 1

not just that bug lmfao. and its obvious i was kicked because there was no error next to the kick messgae it just said they were kicked soooo. they kicked me and killed me while i was sitting down. and there should be no animation while kicked because admins are aware that they can abuse their powers

not just that bug lmfao. and its obvious i was kicked because there was no error next to the kick messgae it just said they were kicked soooo. they kicked me and killed me while i was sitting down. and there should be no animation while kicked because admins are aware that they can abuse their powers

You can't have it so there wouldn't be a animation when kicked. The animation plays because your player leaves the server in any way. I never ever play on Clan servers.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Find a couple good servers and stick with them.  Or Put DayZ away for a few weeks.

You can't have it so there wouldn't be a animation when kicked. The animation plays because your player leaves the server in any way. I never ever play on Clan servers.

Why can't you just disappear like when you exit on your own?

Never experienced this but it sounds stupid. I'm all for admins having some power...but BattleEye or something should at least monitor what they do.

Why can't you just disappear like when you exit on your own?

Never experienced this but it sounds stupid. I'm all for admins having some power...but BattleEye or something should at least monitor what they do.

When exiting on your own the same thing happens, a animation triggers and your body is cloned so it stays there for 30 seconds. Of course this is to deter combat logging.

BE can't monitor what a admin does with their limited powers. Because those powers are done through a client command in rcon mode on the server.

but, specifically when your KICKED you should have no animation.

So, I can run my own server, wait for people to join, then just kick, kill and loot them? sweet!

• Like 1

So, I can run my own server, wait for people to join, then just kick, kill and loot them? sweet!

this kids quite funny

When exiting on your own the same thing happens, a animation triggers and your body is cloned so it stays there for 30 seconds. Of course this is to deter combat logging.

BE can't monitor what a admin does with their limited powers. Because those powers are done through a client command in rcon mode on the server.

But if that clone dies you're fine, or at least I've logged out while being attacked by zombies multiple times and not been reset upon entering another server.

That should at least only happen if you've taken some damage anyway.

Well then I guess the game itself could log what the admin does? So Admin1 kicked Player1 and then shortly after Admin1 killed Player1 and loot their body.

An instance like that, obvious abuse of power relieves Admin1 of their privileges.

But if that clone dies you're fine, or at least I've logged out while being attacked by zombies multiple times and not been reset upon entering another server.

That should at least only happen if you've taken some damage anyway.

Well then I guess the game itself could log what the admin does? So Admin1 kicked Player1 and then shortly after Admin1 killed Player1 and loot their body.

An instance like that, obvious abuse of power relieves Admin1 of their privileges.

The clone represents your character, so if it dies then you die. Also, the game cannot log what admins do because they are doing it server side, if their were access to logs only the owner/admin could see what happened. BE cannot see personal server logs.

Either way, there is a problem.

PlayerA logs into server and gets kicked, admin/admins mate, kills and loots PlayerA during their 'logoff timer'

Players A,B and C log into server and admin/admins mate are having fun, but then stop having fun, blocked in/trapped, admin combat logs themselves by kicking, preventing playersABC from getting their loot.

It seems the power is in the hands of the admins. I generally tend to avoid 'clan' servers.

Edited by Sedstr

we have also had this happen, we all jumped server and logged into the NE airfield. Got into an engagement then 8 of our clan members got kicked, then logged back in as freshies. Hence now we rarely leave our own server, sad people need to do this.

• Like 1

Report and move on with life

or find another server.  Such a difficult decision.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The clone represents your character, so if it dies then you die. Also, the game cannot log what admins do because they are doing it server side, if their were access to logs only the owner/admin could see what happened. BE cannot see personal server logs.

A kick is not just text in a log, it is an active command with an effect in game (actually kicking the player, forcing them into logout animation).

The dev team aren't modders any more, they have full access to the engine, so there is no reason they can't change how kicking works. In addition to kicking the player, a manual kick command could tell the client/server/hive to make an exception for that manually-kicked player to skip their logout animation.

The only problem would be that server admins would abuse it by kicking themselves to instantly combat log.

Report and move on with life

or find another server.  Such a difficult decision.    :rolleyes:

Reporting is a time-consuming process and GSP's tend to ignore it because anyone could make up a bunch of false reports from different email addresses to shut down the server of a clan they hate. Even video/screenshot evidence would be easy to fake.

Edited by fuke
  • Like 1

Doesn't sound like it was the server admins who "kicked" everyone.

Maybe communication between the server and the central hive or maybe an issue with your connection.

Happens on clan servers all the time. Do you live under a rock? My clan was in battle with a group that we assumed to be the other clan on the server we were on, that ran the server) and after we were killed everyone with our clan tag was booted from the server, the 2 not flying tags were not kicked.

A kick is not just text in a log, it is an active command with an effect in game (actually kicking the player, forcing them into logout animation).

The dev team aren't modders any more, they have full access to the engine, so there is no reason they can't change how kicking works. In addition to kicking the player, a manual kick command could tell the client/server/hive to make an exception for that manually-kicked player to skip their logout animation.

The only problem would be that server admins would abuse it by kicking themselves to instantly combat log.

Reporting is a time-consuming process and GSP's tend to ignore it because anyone could make up a bunch of false reports from different email addresses to shut down the server of a clan they hate. Even video/screenshot evidence would be easy to fake.

I know that, already.  :P BTW there cannot be a manual kick command that kicks a player and skips the animation by just changing data in the engine to do that, because the engine is not the one that does that.  :|

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

People are always so quick to blame the server admins.

For good reasons, this isnt 1995, a game server is not a sizeable 'investment' anymore. Anyone can just pay the fee and get a server up from one of the available GSPs, no competence required or whisdom.

• Like 2

I have had the same thing happen to me, there were two clans on the server and it was just us and them on their server, they knew we were in the neaf and as soon as they got close they kicked all of us, loaded back up and they had killed two of us but two managed to escape, needs to be sorted as it is an issue but just stay of clan servers if you don't want to be kicked, not too hard to avoid.

For good reasons, this isnt 1995, a game server is not a sizeable 'investment' anymore. Anyone can just pay the fee and get a server up from one of the available GSPs, no competence required or whisdom.

True but any grievance whether it be a bug or a hacker or a rather restart is instantly blamed on a corrupt server admin.

Most of the time the admin has no role to play in the victims strife.

Server admins have the power to kick, and that's about it.  

We don't know where you are.
We don't know WHO you are even if we're standing right next to you. 

So it's impossible to kick a specific person and KNOW for certain it's the person in front of you unless that was the ONLY other person on the server.

You're welcome to go shell out seventy bucks a month from your own pocket to learn this little tidbit, but I suspect you'd prefer to just believe corrupt admins are persecuting you.  lol

I kick people all the time, but only to make room for my friends- which is my right as the guy paying the bills.  Nobody is kicking you in the unrealistic hopes of finding your body within thirty seconds to loot you.  Sheesh.  How paranoid can people be?

• Like 1

Server admins have the power to kick, and that's about it.  

We don't know where you are.

We don't know WHO you are even if we're standing right next to you. 

So it's impossible to kick a specific person and KNOW for certain it's the person in front of you unless that was the ONLY other person on the server.

You're welcome to go shell out seventy bucks a month from your own pocket to learn this little tidbit, but I suspect you'd prefer to just believe corrupt admins are persecuting you.  lol

I kick people all the time, but only to make room for my friends- which is my right as the guy paying the bills.  Nobody is kicking you in the unrealistic hopes of finding your body within thirty seconds to loot you.  Sheesh.  How paranoid can people be?

Hold on a minute there, this does and has happened to me before, the OP is not being paranoid as i have seen it in action. You are right in saying that you don't do it and it is probably rare but to say nobody is doing it is a step too far, i have seen it done myself and been the victim of it. As i said to the OP choose your servers more wisely, if he was on your server for example he would not have any problems but your post is just a load of rubbish, sort it out, If an admin knows someone is in the east jail of the neaf they can kick all on the server and then run in there and kill them it is that simple.

Also you can check someones pulse, find their name and kick them so again you need to get your facts straight before commenting, do you even own a server because it does not sound like it.

Edited by anothercynicalbrit