Mediarty

DayZ Crashed and Steam too

Hello guys,

I really need your help.

I reinstalled my DayZ Standalone beacause of a little bug.

This one is fixed, but now my game crashes at random gametime so I think after 10 until to 30 minutes gaming.

Someone know a fix?

If it crashes, the game is closing instantly and I am on my Desktop and if I hover my Steam Icon in system tray the steam icon will hide, so it is already crashed then too.

I am wondered, no hardware or software was changed...

I reinstalled it for two times now.

Gaming Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 772G

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7 (i7 - 4702MQ, 2.20 GHz, 6 MB)

16:9 Full HD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M Up to 2 GB

8 GB DDR3L SDRAM

1 TB Serial ATA

Are more information required?

all drivers up 2 date?

are u playing exp or stable?

Edited by quantum2k6

Laptop uhhh....

Try this:save the SteamApps folder and delete the steam, download the steam from website, instal itt copy the steamapps foldel inside.

Can fix it...

all drivers up 2 date?

are u playing exp or stable?

stable

Laptop uhhh....

Try this:save the SteamApps folder and delete the steam, download the steam from website, instal itt copy the steamapps foldel inside.

Can fix it...

I tried this and opened my Geeforce Experience programm and clicked on optimize graphic settings for DayZ and configured the compatibilty mode for windows xp SP 3 and untill now it works...

I have to test it a few days

My game is crashing again but on an other way...

The game just freezes. It is very difficult to restart then, just open task-manager and kill DayZ, Steam process is crashed already then. If I want to restart Steam, I have to right-click and say open. A Double click does not work. If I see my Steam libary I have to right click the game and have to say play game. Just a double-click is here hopeless too.

If I play than, the same will happen in round about 15 Minutes...

Very annoying...

I've been having the exact same problem with l4d2, as well as a few of my friends with other games. They have a theory it has something to do with the last steam update for windows 8.1. Whilst i'm playing, the game just starts skipping out and when I tab out to desktop Steam client has crashed, so I don't think it's a problem with any particular game, just a problem with Steam.

Hi

I have Exactly the same problem on 2 completly differents computers ... (juste os is the same : windows 8.1)

DayZ and Steam, crash after few minutes of game ...

Haven't been playing SA. However this is happening to me on vanilla mod. I stopped launching mod through steam and seems to have worked. So maybe is Steam problem. Never had random crashing problems until this week. Mod will crash after 10 minutes of gameplay almost like clockwork.

I have the exact same problem.  I can usually play for upwards of 10 minutes.  Then crash.  Its an instant crash, no errors, and steam crashes as well.

I have tried multiple solutions from the internet.  One that was effective once was changing the affinity of the dayz.exe task to only use core 0 and 1.  For some reason, the first time, it works and I was able to play for a couple hours until i closed it myself.  After that, the same trick has not worked since.  Its quite annoying, as I can never enjoy a game when i have to restart it every 10 minutes.

Specs:

Win 8.1

AMD FX-4300 Quad

4 gig DDR3

GTX 670 running 1 monitor (primary for games)

GTX 460 running 2 monitors (extended desktop)

All games on dedicated SSD 

I have the exact same problem.  I can usually play for upwards of 10 minutes.  Then crash.  Its an instant crash, no errors, and steam crashes as well.

somebody try steam beta update ?

somebody try steam beta update ?

holy crap it worked.  I opted back into the beta and was able to play 2 straight hours. 

So the issue seems to be steam related.  Good to know.   Side note, I only tried this once, so it could be a fluke, but for now, good to go.

Greetings, best to follow this guideline for crashes from the dev team.

If you come here to find help with a crash that is occuring in your game, please do not post new topics.

Although people on here are very helpful with most other issues, crashes are something they cannot assist you with.

Crashes are particularly nasty issues and require an analysis by the development team. The easiest way to get help is going to the Feedback Tracker and providing all relevant information.

If you haven't already, create an account on the Feedback Tracker.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/

Do not try finding a similar crash report. Most crashes are unique and need to be addressed individually. Unlike normal bug reports, you don't have to worry about creating duplicates of crashes. In case we find out that your crash actually is the same as some other, we will take care of that ourselves and will let you know.

Create a new issue and clearly label it as a crash in the subject.

"Game Crash - Dropping a protector case crashes the game"

Next, provide insight into how you got your game to crash. Include as much information about what you were doing around the time the game crashed. Every little detail can help us fix the problem. Remember to mention whether this happens on the stable or experimental branch of the game.

GOOD

"The game crashed when I dropped a protector case on the ground while playing on an experimental server. I had the protector case in my backpack and drag and dropped it into the vicinity window. The case contained a canteen and a pack of rice. I have tried this several times and it happens every time"

BAD

"Game crashed when I dropped a protector case"

Include steps to reproduce if you think that they are necessary and aren't obvious enough from the description. Always describe reproduction step by step.

1. Open inventory

2. Place the protector case in your backpack

3. Drag and drop it into the vicinity tab

4. Game Crashes

Don't forget to include the game's version (can be found in the main menu).

Now for the most important part of all.

We need you to upload a few files from your computer. Specifically, the crash dumps that are generated with every crash and the dxdiag report from your computer.

Getting your DxDiag file

1. Open the Start menu

2. Write "dxdiag"

3. Press enter

4. A window will open

5. Click "Save all information"

6. You will get a text file - that's what we need

Getting your crash dumps

Go to this file location: "C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local"

There you should see a DayZ folder.

Create a .zip or .rar file of that folder.

Then take the .zip/.rar and the DxDiag file and upload them to the Feedback Tracker issue. The upload limit is 5000KB, which should be enough. In case it is not, please upload the files to a file sharing website and post a link to the files in the comments.

In most cases, we will answer crash reports within a day or two, provided you filled out the report correctly and uploaded the necessary files. The issue will then be sent to a responsible team member, who will implement a fix. You will be notified once a fix is introduced so that you could verify that the crash does not occur any longer.

Thank you for reading this!

- Accolyte

Best Regards,

Steak.

• Like 1

how do you try steam beta update

go to settings, account, in the middle, youll see the option to join the beta.  There really isnt much difference.  but it fixed my crash.

holy crap it worked.  I opted back into the beta and was able to play 2 straight hours. 

So the issue seems to be steam related.  Good to know.   Side note, I only tried this once, so it could be a fluke, but for now, good to go.

I also had several crashes (both DayZ and Steam at the same time) and I was able to update Steam to Beta and it appears to be fine... will report if it happens again.

I have had this issue since the game came out and I still have this problem. I have tried with reinstalling dayz, run different steam versions (beta, normal) and nothing have changed. I have tried to run the game in administrator mode, turned off Anti virus etc with no further success. 

Have tried to turn of SPI and QOS on my DLINK DIR-655 with no success.

Sometimes you are lucky enough that you can play for one hour, sometimes it crashes while loading into a server.

Posted a feedback thread 4 months here: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=7677

Edited by Chapan

I also had several crashes (both DayZ and Steam at the same time) and I was able to update Steam to Beta and it appears to be fine... will report if it happens again.

Still crashing for me ... I can't get more than 10 or 15 minutes of play and BOOM.  

I'm having the exact same problem. My steam crashes about 10-15mins after i've launched steam and 1min from that my dayz freezes and the only thing i can do is ctrl+alt+del.

Been trying everything to fix it but nothing have worked so far  :|

Edit:

Specs:

i7 3770k
GTX 680
16gb
Windows 8.1

Steam and DayZ running from SSD

Edited by senraXD