Sign in to follow this  
xmarkwilliamsx

Can you get globally banned for doing this?

Can you get globally banned for deleting the grass files in your ARMA 2 OA addons folder to gain better FPS In-Game?

I thought the game detects it now and does not let you join a server.

My friend can join servers with his grass deleted but I just want to know if you can get globally banned for doing it.

My friend can join servers with his grass deleted but I just want to know if you can get globally banned for doing it.

I would assume so, it is an exploit after all.

• Like 3

Can you get globally banned for deleting the grass files in your ARMA 2 OA addons folder to gain better FPS In-Game?

That count as modified game files.

• Like 2

maybe u wont get globally bannend but u shure as hell would make a complete crapbucket out of yourself ! 

so dont even think about it 

btw "a friend of mine" means I in 95% of the time.

t57fbd9_1090px-Misc-true-story-realistic

• Like 3

Well, if you delete grass, might as well delete buildings, because Chernogorsk lags me very much... it's just for better FPS, guys, mkay?

• Like 1

For manually removing .pbo file with grass you will be kicked by battleye.For using 3rd party programs that "improve FPS" by removing grass etc you will most likely get global banned.

However for manually removed .pbo file you can get banned  by extra anti hack script that admin of server is using and your ban may be shared on other servers using such extra anti hack script.

EDIT:

It seems that Battleye has been update and kicks has been replaced with bans for messing with .pbo files. So modify/remove etc .pbo = BAN

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199839-per-hicks-battleeye-now-issuing-bans-for-those-who-deletealter-pbo-files/

Edited by Frosti