I wished more people would play DayZ from a role playing perspective. Forget you are playing a game and picture yourself in the situation at hand. You may choose to be a bandit, a hero or somebody just trying to survive. Give your character a back story. I think if people

Did more of this there would be less KOS and more heroism and banditry. There is a diffrence between banditry and KOS. Most KOS is because people are to attached to their gear and just kill everything because they play it like a Fps game. Banditry is role playing a actual person who would exist.

I agree that roleplay is wonderful, and would like to see more of it.

However, people are going to play the way they want to play. The only thing the developers can do is add consequence to action, which gets us all roleplaying to an extent.

I would love that too but the issue is that people don't trust each other, they are scared of death and loosing all the gear. Personally I, if i see someone I get scared as well and i open fire as fast as i could because i scare that he might shot me else first. We have to do something about that, think a way to build up trust.

I agree that roleplay is wonderful, and would like to see more of it.

However, people are going to play the way they want to play. The only thing the developers can do is add consequence to action, which gets us all roleplaying to an extent.

the problem is consequences never work and only hinder gameplay. People should be aloud to KOS but it needs to be in moderation and proportional to the people who would rather approach a fellow

Survivor.

I typically play as a lone survivor, I at least try to find friendlies to collaborate with, but that gets me killed at least 50% of the time. But I guess in the apocalypse you can't trust anyone? I suppose I could role play it up some more, I would cry over my dog and PS4 that burned when my wife turned Zed and how I had to kill her with a fire extinguisher...

• Like 1

I would love that too but the issue is that people don't trust each other, they are scared of death and loosing all the gear. Personally I, if i see someone I get scared as well and i open fire as fast as i could because i scare that he might shot me else first. We have to do something about that, think a way to build up trust.

it starts with people who run in groups treating others well unless there a bandit group then nvm haha. Then people alone who aren't bandits begin treating others well and the treatment gets passed

Along.

I typically play as a lone survivor, I at least try to find friendlies to collaborate with, but that gets me killed at least 50% of the time. But I guess in the apocalypse you can't trust anyone? I suppose I could role play it up some more, I would cry over my dog and PS4 that burned when my wife turned Zed and how I had to kill her with a fire extinguisher...

yes I agree it may be hard to trust others, but we are still human and I believe we won't just put a magnum round into someone just because of trust. It's all about surviving and choosing to either run alone,

With friends, or try and gain another person trust which is so awarding

i dont need to imagine any type of back story, but i do play to stay alive. to me this isnt role playing its just playing dayz.

i agree with op  that trying to get into gun fights isnt playing dayz, its just using dayz as an fps,

sure sometimes gun fights will  happen, but noone trying to survive would try to be hanging out in the middle of  the most populated areas gun fighting constantly/

people say that all you can do is pvp, so thats why they doing it, i think managing to be aware of your surroundings and avoiding hostile contact using tactics is interesting and skillful, as well as realistic, and it doesnt mean being away from populated areas, at all.

shooting someone who has a gun is nothing, carefully looting nwaf alone or better with friend, on a full server is more exciting

yes I agree it may be hard to trust others, but we are still human and I believe we won't just put a magnum round into someone just because of trust. It's all about surviving and choosing to either run alone,
With friends, or try and gain another person trust which is so awarding

i think many people will kill others because they dont trust them in a dayz environment. in everyday life in 2014 all around the world people are attacked and killed walking down the street for no real reason. not everyone cares about other people, there are many violent selfish and  unkind people in the world, in a dayz environment, they woudl be even less compassionate.

Whenever I try to roleplay with people I meet in towns they go like "Hey are you new to this game?"

lol seriously.

• Like 1

If you want role play then you should just buy ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead and register for DayZRP.