Sign in to follow this  
Bungles

Bleeding after 1 hit

It's the most annoying thing about the game. Every single time i get touched by a zombie i am now bleeding profusely from my head or some other crazy location. Should be reduced by 500%

That is my feedback. It's annoying to be finger swiped 1 time and start bleeding. I like the bleed mechanic in the game. I think it adds some challange and depth but common. If I have 12000 health and get punched one time by a zombie I don't think I should be bleeding like I got a gunshot wound.

• Like 1

It's the most annoying thing about the game. Every single time i get touched by a zombie i am now bleeding profusely from my head or some other crazy location. Should be reduced by 500%

Yeah man, hell they should make it so zeds do no damage, its too annoying, hell why not remove them all together, they just get in the way, and add more vehicles, weapons, maps, have it team A v team B,. or NPC,........ oh wait.

Unless the zombies are all razor sharp claws, but even still theres a difference between bleeding from a scratch and bleeding profusely. The bleed system sucks right now, you are spot on about it.

Yeah man' date=' hell they should make it so zeds do no damage, its too annoying, hell why not remove them all together, they just get in the way, and add more vehicles, weapons, maps, have it team A v team B,. or NPC,........ oh wait.

[/quote']

That's not at all what he's saying. Good one tho.

Bandages are everywhere. They are vicious zombies, they want your flesh and they will make you bleed.

I can almost understand the broken bone/morphine complaints, but this is silly.

Yeah man' date=' hell they should make it so zeds do no damage, its too annoying, hell why not remove them all together, they just get in the way, and add more vehicles, weapons, maps, have it team A v team B,. or NPC,........ oh wait.

[/quote']

That's not at all what he's saying. Good one tho.

Okay okay, i'll be serious for a min. I think blood loss from Zeds has to be high. So high in fact that if you get hit even once the amount of blood you loose should be too much to be replaced by food alone. Apart from company, the real benefit from teaming up with someone is the use of blood bags. I think we need a some sort of direct advantage for teaming up, and blood bags does this well.

I wouldn't mind less blood loss from zeds if food didn't replace blood at all, or greatly reduced,. therefore making it possible to solo the game, but extremely beneficial to team up.

Apart from that its usually just a case of getting safe and bandaging, then finding a buddy, if you have no buddy i believe it should be harder.

I've bled in 1hit but I've also not bled after 10 hits. So is it random and people are just really noticing the 1 hit bleeds? I like that you always need bandages, morphine and to a lesser extent painkillers in your pack or you are at serious risk.

It forces you to make tough inventory decisions. Slim down on morphine/bandage to fit another SD clip or not?

Anyone thought about the fact when your with someone he can cover you while you stop the bleeding?

Personally I even enjoy my brittle bone syndrome. Luring a hoard of zombies into the wrong place can end up being fatal.

Makes sense though I've been living off pop and water and haven't found any milk since the z's started showing up :P

And face it bandages are ridiculously easy to find. 90 percent of the time the building you lure the zombies into has bandages to replace any that you need.

I can see you griping about a zombie hitting you through a wall and making you bleed thats not supposed to happen, but really?

Anyone thought about the fact when your with someone he can cover you while you stop the bleeding?

Personally I even enjoy my brittle bone syndrome. Luring a hoard of zombies into the wrong place can end up being fatal.

Makes sense though I've been living off pop and water and haven't found any milk since the z's started showing up :P

And face it bandages are ridiculously easy to find. 90 percent of the time the building you lure the zombies into has bandages to replace any that you need.

I can see you griping about a zombie hitting you through a wall and making you bleed thats not supposed to happen' date=' but really?

[/quote']

Good point,. started to make me think, i came to the conclusion that all dairy products would have gone off by now

Then it hit me!!!!

We should be able to milk cows! and goats i guess, maby even pigs too. Add in some eggs from chickens and you got everything you need for scrambled eggs!! though without pepper what would be the point :(

Bleeding after one hit is a little annoying, but I think having the chance of that happening is important. Bleeding could be redone in the way that there wouldnt be a bleeding or not bleeding status. Perhaps harder hits could do base damage plus a limited bleed over time amount. i.e. 100 blood for the strike and another 100 blood from bleeding or something, of course the values can be tweaked. This will give good value to bandaging yourself if you were just struck quite a few times and knew you were about to lose a bit of blood. But not so if you were hit once and bleeding, and you know you will only lose like 100 blood. You would be able to weigh the worth of a bandage a lot easier

Bandages are everywhere. They are vicious zombies' date=' they want your flesh and they will make you bleed.

[/quote']

Bandage quantity has nothing to do with it. When you're being attacked by 20 zeds, you don't have 15 seconds to bandage up, and you have about 30 seconds to bandage before you're dead..depending on current blood.

I can see why we bleed so profusely from a gameplay standpoint, but it has never made sense realistically. They are still humans, no super strength of adamantine claws or anything yet somehow they cause bleeding damage when really the only damage outside of biting someone they could really do would be the blunt impact of their fists, hands, limbs or whatever. I've chose to think that it must be bite damage.

I've chose to think that it must be bite damage.

Did you ever stop to consider that the animations were just shitty?

Yea there's no bite animation, or block/push animation to get the zombie off of you; maybe one should be added.

I've chose to think that it must be bite damage.

Did you ever stop to consider that the animations were just shitty?

Yea there's no bite animation' date=' or block/push animation to get the zombie off of you; maybe one should be added.

[/quote']

Umm, yeah, that's why I justify the bleeding damage as biting, even though there is no animation for it. I do hope the hurky-jerky animations when they are closing with you get sorted out though, they look ridiculous.

Umm' date=' yeah, that's why I justify the bleeding damage as biting, even though there is no animation for it. I do hope the hurky-jerky animations when they are closing with you get sorted out though, they look ridiculous.

[/quote']

Yea but it's in line with an alpha I would say. That kind of shit can be ironed out way down the line.

It would definitely be cool to have push/grab features though (zombies grab you, you have to push them off, etc).

The 1-hit bleeding I can deal with, but the 1-hit knock-out kinda sucks. Shouldn't happen unless you are below a certain blood threshold imo.

Bandages are everywhere. They are vicious zombies' date=' they want your flesh and they will make you bleed.

[/quote']

Bandage quantity has nothing to do with it. When you're being attacked by 20 zeds, you don't have 15 seconds to bandage up, and you have about 30 seconds to bandage before you're dead..depending on current blood.

Well you shouldn't have 20 of them on you. Your death is now a lesson learned to be more cautious and respect the zombies more.

I can accept hits from zeds resulting in some bleeding. I do however have difficulty with my blood draining like a garden hose every time I'm struck.

WTF every blow is severing major arteries? :huh: