Sign in to follow this  
miqueloz

Gear protecting you from damage?

Does having some specific gear in your coat-slot protect you from bullets? Or what's up? I got shot today by, apparently, a Mosin. Heard the shot, saw my screen go a bit grey for a while.. and nothing. No bleeding. No apparent blood loss. But my raincoat was ruined, chest holster was ruined, ammo I kept in the coat was ruined, water bottle I kept there was ruined. How's that work?

Does having some specific gear in your coat-slot protect you from bullets? Or what's up? I got shot today by, apparently, a Mosin. Heard the shot, saw my screen go a bit grey for a while.. and nothing. No bleeding. No apparent blood loss. But my raincoat was ruined, chest holster was ruined, ammo I kept in the coat was ruined, water bottle I kept there was ruined. How's that work?

These values have changed since this was posted, but this will give you a general idea of the bleed resistance of various articles of clothing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zxqcu/armor_values_dayzdb/

You are lucky my good sir. Every time I have gotten shot by a mosin, I've died instantly. Even in full military gear. This your second chance. Use it. Unless you're already dead.

Got saved by a hoodie and a gun holster :) ( been shot 5 times in the chest and no bleeding :O )

Motorcycle Helmets can cause you to survive a shot to the head.

Saw a guy get shot in the head once and walk away from it.