Sign in to follow this  
biggb45s

Having two guns

I was wondering if it could be set up so when your running around the map with two rifles and you cycle threw to the next rifle it will go from your primary to you back slot and the weapon on your back goes to you primary automatically. If this is the case now, let me know. I have not played in a month but I was thinking how annoying it was that I would cycle a weapon and it would fall to the ground. This came up since the fire axe was a lot weaker. I started using my guns more on zombies to save time, so having two weapons became more useful to my style of play. They are going to fix the fire axe damage? Thank Biggb 

Edited by biggb45s

Well with the fire axe you just need a straight headshot, it's just awkward with the hitboxes the damage itself isn't....too bad I guess, could be better.

Anyway I'm pretty sure it's just the same, I hope they add that feature soon. I mean I'm sure tons of people will call it unfair and cheating but you still have to use one gun at a time and have a weapon out all the time, so anyone else can just run away easily and there's a good chance of mowing them down because they have their mosin instead of their M4.

So it's not "game breaking" as some people describe, the game is supposed to be realistic(not that having weapons float on your back is)

Having a rifle on your back and having one in your hand slows you down considerably. So that is the disadvantage of having two guns, so the nay sayers  would have to consider that aspect. I just find it more efficient for that style of play to not fall to the ground and just cycle to my back slot.

Edited by biggb45s

Well with the fire axe you just need a straight headshot, it's just awkward with the hitboxes the damage itself isn't....too bad I guess, could be better.

Whilst that's good in theory, I've hit zombies directly in the heads with all 3 axes (Pick,Splitting/Fire) and they've gone unconscious instead of dying. It's also harder to get a follow-up headshot because as you mentioned, the squiff hitboxes/hitdetect. 1 handed weapons are the way to go right now as they are easy headshots with easy followups. 

However there's currently a bug whereby if you are sprinting with a one handed weapon out in attack stance then you sometimes just drop the weapon and it will be floating in mid air. You even get the 'Cancel action' text in the screen for a short period of time.

Whilst that's good in theory, I've hit zombies directly in the heads with all 3 axes (Pick,Splitting/Fire) and they've gone unconscious instead of dying. It's also harder to get a follow-up headshot because as you mentioned, the squiff hitboxes/hitdetect. 1 handed weapons are the way to go right now as they are easy headshots with easy followups. 

In third person? It's a lot easier in first, in third you aim at their head but the axe actually hits their shoulder most of the time. And then there's some zombies that just keep getting up...

In third person? It's a lot easier in first, in third you aim at their head but the axe actually hits their shoulder most of the time. And then there's some zombies that just keep getting up...

Yes in first person. I play only in first person. The ray cast thing on the weapon is inaccurate when you are in the middle of a city pulling 12 FPS, surrounded by 4 zombies, and trying to circle strafe all 4 of them. Machetes kill in 4 headshots, they're far more accurate and easier to use.

I don't really like the idea. Being able to carry two rifles reduces the impact of choice and also makes smaller weapons like pistols or sawn-off rifles less viable.

For my part I would even go further into the opposite direction and require a fairly common weapon attachment (gun sling) to put a rifle on your back in the first place.

Yes in first person. I play only in first person. The ray cast thing on the weapon is inaccurate when you are in the middle of a city pulling 12 FPS, surrounded by 4 zombies, and trying to circle strafe all 4 of them. Machetes kill in 4 headshots, they're far more accurate and easier to use.

Well I don't have much trouble doing it, do you actually click the heads of the zombies or try to time the axe swing so the animation hits their head? I find that clicking the head actually hits it, even if they run past you and the animation completely misses since everything is lagged out anyway it tends to hit them.

Or how a about a fatigue system to punish the tards who run around with 2 300 round boxes, 10 cans of food, 2 litres of fluid 2 weapons while sucking air through a gas mask

A crucial element of the survival aspect of the game is travelling smart, like carrying what you need, I don't think I've ever needed to take more than 2 30 round M4 mags or 20 mosin rounds

Edited by a_ruttle