Sign in to follow this  
Acidity

[HELP] RamDisk - Trouble Shooting

Hello everyone.

Let me first start off by apologizing to everyone. Posting on the forums is my last resort to attempt to solve this problem.

Here we go...

So there is this program that myself, and probably many of you have on your computer to vamp your gaming experience.
This program is called Dataram RamDisk.

I had this program ages ago, and it worked especially well for me giving me an immense increase in FPS whilst playing DayZ mod.
I had drifted away from DayZ for a bit, and decided to come back as of recently. Of course not really thinking it would effect anything, I decided to unistall everything related with DayZ, including Ramdisk. 

Doing this has caused me quite a few problems.
Every time I open the program (Yes I open it in administrative mod) and attempt to start a disk, it tells me that I have to restart my computer in order to uninstall previous versions, or previous disks created by the program. 

I have restarted my unit a numerous amount of times, and the problem is still there.
I checked the log and it seems to be giving me this message:

2014-05-10 20:43:17.2119|4|ERROR|Dataram.RAMDisk.Driver|Driver start failed|System.AggregateException One or more errors occurred.    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)at Dataram.RAMDisk.Driver.StopDriverCompletion(IReportProgress progress, Task`1 task)System.ApplicationException Unable to enumerate devices Boolean MoveNext()System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException The handle is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070006 (E_HANDLE))  2014-05-10 20:43:18.2415|5|ERROR|Dataram.RAMDisk.Commands.ClearDriverStoreCommand|Failed to clear driver store|System.AggregateException One or more errors occurred.    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)   at Dataram.RAMDisk.Commands.ClearDriverStoreCommand.<>c__DisplayClass5.<DoExecute>b__4(IReportProgress progress, Task`1 task)System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception The media is write protected Boolean StartWithCreateProcess(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo) 2014-05-10 20:48:53.0185|15|ERROR|Dataram.RAMDisk.Driver|Failed to stop driver|Dataram.Utilities.DeviceControlException Unable to remove device instance ROOT\DATARAM_RAMDISK_DEVICES\0009    at Dataram.Utilities.DevCon.RemoveDevice(Regex deviceIdMatch, Boolean is64Bit)   at Dataram.RAMDisk.Driver.StartDriverService(IReportProgress progress, IVolumeSettings settings)

Now I don't normally mess with registry, because I realize that certain things you do in it can totally ruin your system.

But... I decided to go into the registry, and attempt to completely delete everything having to do with RamDisk, although no dice.

If anyone has any advice, or can completely solve my issue please feel free to respond.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Be careful. I'm not sure if it's fixed (have a search) but people are picking up BE Bans for using a RAMDrive

• Like 1

Be careful. I'm not sure if it's fixed (have a search) but people are picking up BE Bans for using a RAMDrive

Noone is being banned for RAMDisk. They've been kicked for it, but that's resolved. Sable personally assured me there was no false ban regarding that.

Noone is being banned for RAMDisk. They've been kicked for it, but that's resolved. Sable personally assured me there was no false ban regarding that.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the update and clarification.