Sign in to follow this  
Pausenbrot

Tons of bugs cannot solve

Hi

first i have to tell that i dont mind if there some bug with this mod but what i had experienced is ridiculous,

first this site didnt gave me an authetification code for about 2 days only after i contacted the webmaster i got one ...(and yes i checked my spamfolder)

then steam bugged about installation, cd key, missing files and so on...

so i tried to use the search function but ofc it bugged like everythink else

so i googled until i finaly could start arma 2 combined operation with dayz addon with latest version, updated first manual and then again by worroms..

but ofc this is just the start so i explain my situation

i play throught steam orignial arma2 and operation arrowhead... so its up to date throught steam.

i downloaded the newest dayz files and made everything after this guide in the forum so it starts properly.

anti cheat is updated and all my drivers ... simply everything i know

now if i try to join about 90% of all dayz multiplayer server i get this error "bad version ...", so after some research they told me you had to run combined operation ... well ofc i did this and no it doesnt help and yes i updated all correct

but in 9% of the servers i can join but stuck at loading screen with some rain sounds in the background.... so again i researched and i got some information about joining other server and try again. i dont know if it realy helped cause its kinda hard for me just to save a server but thats not even the main problem

i consider that in 1% of all server i can even go further to the game (at least i thought so) and i can see some field or hill or anything nature but i dont have any character,ofc no weapon or anything .. i only see the view and in the right side of the desktop the usual green icons, i cannot move and if i try to talk my text gets green and i think the other players cant hear me (but i can hear/read them).

ofc i tried the search function now but still no clear help.

so i dont know what i did wrong if some1 pls can explain that would be great.

p.s.: dont give me any link to any thread youre not 100% sure it solves my problem cause honestly i think i tried them all

p.s.s: i cant belive this genre havent learned about anything .. my last shooter was for about 6 years and the fact that this game is splitted in so many directions like: 1 made this game another sells it the next made the anti cheat the next trys to run server another do some mod the next do some patching and so on ... ofc there are so many bugs, this mode just sounds amazing but i dont know if its worth this trouble... so pls help me and hope im wrong!

Have you installed the beta patches? If you say you have all the DAYZ files up to date wit the correct file names and file folder locations then give this thread a try.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2728714

make sure on steam game Library to RIGHT click on Operation Arrowhead to run COMBINED OPERATIONS. Im sure you've tried this but idk I'm just trying to help.

and FYI these aren't bugs :D

I "Searched" the word BETA in all your text, and did not find one hit for the word. One second while I pull up some instructions for you.

And Spinager already found the link, lol

Hi

first i have to tell that i dont mind if there some bug with this mod but what i had experienced is ridiculous' date='

first this site didnt gave me an authetification code for about 2 days only after i contacted the webmaster i got one ...(and yes i checked my spamfolder)

[/quote']

I had a hard time getting the email as well, i tried for a day and finnaly got it.

then steam bugged about installation' date=' cd key, missing files and so on...

so i tried to use the search function but ofc it bugged like everythink else

so i googled until i finaly could start arma 2 combined operation with dayz addon with latest version, updated first manual and then again by worroms..

but ofc this is just the start so i explain my situation

i play throught steam orignial arma2 and operation arrowhead... so its up to date throught steam.

i downloaded the newest dayz files and made everything after this guide in the forum so it starts properly.

anti cheat is updated and all my drivers ... simply everything i know

[/quote']

I also had to use Day6 for some reason nothing else would work and it still doesnt when trying to launch through steam so i am unable to play the beta patches with the bad version as well.

now if i try to join about 90% of all dayz multiplayer server i get this error "bad version ..."' date=' so after some research they told me you had to run combined operation ... well ofc i did this and no it doesnt help and yes i updated all correct

but in 9% of the servers i can join but stuck at loading screen with some rain sounds in the background.... so again i researched and i got some information about joining other server and try again. i dont know if it realy helped cause its kinda hard for me just to save a server but thats not even the main problem

i consider that in 1% of all server i can even go further to the game (at least i thought so) and i can see some field or hill or anything nature but i dont have any character,ofc no weapon or anything .. i only see the view and in the right side of the desktop the usual green icons, i cannot move and if i try to talk my text gets green and i think the other players cant hear me (but i can hear/read them).

ofc i tried the search function now but still no clear help.

[/quote']

Bad version is what i also get when launching through steam with most every game and i dont seem able to fix it either and i would also like a explination for it

BUT, Useing the Day6 Launcher i am able to join every game without a problem except beta games bewcouse it launcher regular CO and with most of the servers switching i dont know weither i will be able to get into many servers as of soon.

well thanks i patched the beta but didnt copy paste it...guess my fault

now ofc i got another bug the first few server i joined and was only in an endless flied of hills with nothing else .. then i tried some other and there occurs a red message battle eye computed .. something (long code) and i once i think i got an error about miss entry weapon (file?)

well i dont where the problem is the battleye or the miss entry weapon... but its always same