Sign in to follow this  
TheLoneSurvivior

BattleEye Admin Ban?

I was playing on a low populated server, but all of a sudden i got kicked, the message was ''BattleEye Admin Ban''.

What the actual F?

Does this mean im banned for hacking? what does this man? i dont understand.

Prolly not. Join another server and see. Admins do not have the right to ban, nor should they have the ability (Per the Bohemia server hosting ToS).

You sure it wasn't just a ban on that server? A lot of servers have join=ban names because they are someones little loot paradise.

Mmm.. Sounds more like you were banned by the server admin.

If you were banned by battleye it would have said Global ban: #yourguid

Alright, im not global banned cause i dont cheat or hack. I was just banned from the one server i was playing on.

Phew, thank god. I got banned from the server by the admin, maybe because i killed him with my mosin in berezino.

Thanks guys for the help.

Prolly not. Join another server and see. Admins do not have the right to ban, nor should they have the ability (Per the Bohemia server hosting ToS).

Admins do have the right to ban, if they have actual proof that someone was doing something not appropriate. 

• Like 1

Alright, im not global banned cause i dont cheat or hack. I was just banned from the one server i was playing on.

Phew, thank god. I got banned from the server by the admin, maybe because i killed him with my mosin in berezino.

Thanks guys for the help.

Report the server to its respective host, and give a detailed description of what happened.  I myself reported a server that later got shut down due to abusive admins.

• Like 2

I was playing on a low populated server, but all of a sudden i got kicked, the message was ''BattleEye Admin Ban''.

What the actual F?

Does this mean im banned for hacking? what does this man? i dont understand.

Hmmmm..... for a second i thought this guy was me....

Edited by The Lone Survivor
  • Like 3

Admins do have the right to ban, if they have actual proof that someone was doing something not appropriate. 

Right to KICK- not ban. If that were the case then there would be the option to do so, either while logged in as admin on the server (I have 2 options, kick and mute), or via the control panel (gameservers has no function to allow banning, nor do they allow access to BEC.) I am unaware of any GSP that allows actual banning, or the facilities to do so.

Hmmmm..... for a second i thought this guy was me....

Brother, where have you been all this time?

• Like 1

Right to KICK- not ban. If that were the case then there would be the option to do so, either while logged in as admin on the server (I have 2 options, kick and mute), or via the control panel (gameservers has no function to allow banning, nor do they allow access to BEC.) I am unaware of any GSP that allows actual banning, or the facilities to do so.

There are several third party programs that allow banning.  If all you could do was kick, then a hacker could just rejoin the server over and over, so banning makes sense.

There are several third party programs that allow banning.  If all you could do was kick, then a hacker could just rejoin the server over and over, so banning makes sense.

Yes but i aint no hacker. I dont do dat stuff man. That stupid admin scared the hell out of me, i was stressing for unfair ban.

Yes but i aint no hacker. I dont do dat stuff man. That stupid admin scared the hell out of me, i was stressing for unfair ban.

I know, many people buy servers for their own personal use and anyone else that joins gets a nice fat ban for no reason.  

Do what I previously mentioned and report the server.

• Like 1

I know, many people buy servers for their own personal use and anyone else that joins gets a nice fat ban for no reason.  

Do what I previously mentioned and report the server.

Yes i will report the server, only if i knew how.

Yes i will report the server, only if i knew how.

Where to to send your server reports:

Multiplay:            support@multiplay.co.uk

Vilayer:               abuse@vilayer.com

Fragnet:              abuse@fragnet.net or submit a ticket to their abuse department

GamingDeluxe:  admin@gamingdeluxe.co.uk

Gameservers:    support@gameservers.com

If you don't know which GSP the offending server is rented from, just send the report to all of them and they'll sort it out themselves.

* Remember to include the IP and port numbers, the server name is not enough*

You find these numbers by highlighting the server in the server browser, then selecting 'Detail' at the lower right. If you can't remember which server you were playing on, you can find it under the 'History' tab.

• Like 1

Not sure how many of you are server owners, but, I are one.  And I know that thelonesurvivor has been on my server.  But, to the point, YES, server owners CAN ban.  However, due to the rule of Bohemia, if we cannot provide significant reason as to why users were banned, then we can yes have our servers shut down.  With that, those bans stay in place from what I have seen, up to one week or the next server maintenance day.  Then those lists get cleared from all servers. 

Thelonesurvivor, if you think it was my server, let me know directly, I will make sure your not still listed.  I know I in particular did not ban you.  But, it might be possible that one of my 3 officers did.  none the less I will fix it.

[sU] Twstedfate

Soldiers United - Hosted by ViLayer.

I can create a ban list through my service provider but I honestly do not know if it works as I haven't had the need to ban anyone, yet.  

Not sure how many of you are server owners, but, I are one.  And I know that thelonesurvivor has been on my server.  But, to the point, YES, server owners CAN ban.  However, due to the rule of Bohemia, if we cannot provide significant reason as to why users were banned, then we can yes have our servers shut down.  With that, those bans stay in place from what I have seen, up to one week or the next server maintenance day.  Then those lists get cleared from all servers. 

Thelonesurvivor, if you think it was my server, let me know directly, I will make sure your not still listed.  I know I in particular did not ban you.  But, it might be possible that one of my 3 officers did.  none the less I will fix it.

[sU] Twstedfate

Soldiers United - Hosted by ViLayer.

Well if you have any of your "officers" banning people you may want to get on and reprimand them for it could cause you a lot of grief and server loss due to that.  Without video or log proof banning players is a cause for having your server shutdown.

Well if you have any of your "officers" banning people you may want to get on and reprimand them for it could cause you a lot of grief and server loss due to that.  Without video or log proof banning players is a cause for having your server shutdown.

You are correct.  As I said, I will fix it.  I have told them once how the process works.  However, again, this is if Thelonesurvivor was banned from my server..... IF .  

With that said, as I seemed to have made myself / my server a bit of a target, which is fine, I have just checked my ban logs, and they are indeed empty.  Right now, other than VI, I am the only user that has access to them.

Peace out.

• Like 2

Well shit. I have been thinking off and on about dropping gameservers for a multitude of reasons, but the ability to ban is a damn good reason to move elsewhere. If BI allows it, but gameservers refuses server owners the ability, seems to me yet another valid reason to let my term expire and move elsewhere. I already have an ARMA3 server with vilayer, and their support has been exceptional with that server, not to mention the depth of access I have on the back end to admin the server. If they are even close to that with dayz I might just have to start setting an MOTD letting my regulars know we will be moving.

Edited by Real Meatshield

Not exactly 100% related, but someone might enlighten me...

If i get kicked from a server, the last server used is the first one in history list?

When I first got the game I hot the same message. Didn't know what I was doing and joined a night server. Couldn't see much so I jumped from that server to another one which was hard core so I jumped again to a regular day time server. I was banned by all servers in Chicago apparently for it. Which doesn't really matter but is shitty because I've never been banned by a game for anything before and two I got banned because I was a Noob who didn't know any better and was jumping servers trying to find the one I wanted. The only thing I can say brother is fuckm plenty of other servers

When I first got the game I hot the same message. Didn't know what I was doing and joined a night server. Couldn't see much so I jumped from that server to another one which was hard core so I jumped again to a regular day time server. I was banned by all servers in Chicago apparently for it. Which doesn't really matter but is shitty because I've never been banned by a game for anything before and two I got banned because I was a Noob who didn't know any better and was jumping servers trying to find the one I wanted. The only thing I can say brother is fuckm plenty of other servers

The unfortunate part of this, is that this is what was implemented to prevent ghosting.  Dtrain, the best thing for you at this point is to find a server and stick with it.  That ban you got is temp, but, a pain none the less