Henyo10

AK74 Kobra or M14 AIM?

I would go for the AK74 Kobra, but it is up to personal choice so i would use both to find which one is better for your play style/situation

M14 use DMR mags and they have same spawn rate as AK rounds so just pick which ever you like more.

I personally like the Kobra but I would choose the M14 over the Kobra any day,

AK74-Kobra is my favorite gun in the game:

- Plentiful ammo and each mags holds 30 rnds (compare that to a DMR mag)

- Quiet (for a primary), so very functional as a zombie killer... I clear deerstands from ~60-70m without agro.

- best "iron-sights" in the game (for all engagements < 200m... which is MOST of them)

- zero'd at 100m, so you pretty much hit exactly what you aim at in most circumstances.

I have never had the M14, so I'm not a fair judge... but did want to say that I've had the Kobra for the last week or so and love it. I agree with WhiskeySix... Ammo is relatively easy to find, each mag holds lots of rounds, the iron sights are great.

The kobra is weaker if i'm not mistaken. I'd probably roll with the m14 if i had a choice between the two.

Coming from experience, the M14 is a cannon. Both in power and loudness. It attracts Zeds from miles away. The kobra works better for mid to short engagements. So only choose the M14 if you want to snipe, but havent found anything better.

I'd go with the m-14, unless you think you're gona get into a prolonged firefight with bandits, dmr mags spawn like candy (and will only get easier to find once you can convert them), the aim doesnt have a scope so unless you have a really good eye you'll likely use it in less then 300m engagements, just be aware that it is longer then the kobra and you'll have trouble aiming indoors.

kobra is better. m14 is too accurate for it's red dot. it would be a lot better with an acog - but at that point it'd just be another dmr

to hell it the kobra get an AKM bigger round means less lead you have sling downrange to kill something plus it has adjustable sights and the m-14 is loud everyone within 1km will know where you are

I've killed a few people with the Kobra, I have an M4A3 now, kinda miss the Kobra to be honest.

M14 AIM. Been playing for a long time now, and i feel that if youre getting yourself into positions where you choose a close-medium range weapon over a medium-long range weapon, you need to step up your game a bit. If youve got a good eye, the M14 aim is an absolute monster (especially combined with binoculars/range finder), 500m is probably a realistic distance to be shooting and the bullet drop isnt too severe. Firing from an elevated position you will dominate most people.

M14 is an amazing gun in RL, I don't see why people doubt it in game. Kobra isn't bad, and yes it is quieter, but look at the differences in cartridge size and it makes sense. Both are great guns, it's really just preference.

Since I use my primary for PvP protection, I'd go with the M14.

Use the m14 while you get the chance, there hard to find.

Kobras are a dime a dozen.