Sign in to follow this  
zapbrannigan

Axe Vs. Gun???

With the axe, it is 1/hit 1/kill (I still need aiming practice)... but with the Winchester shotgun w/slugs, it seemed to be taking multiple hits to kill one zed, and each shot causing more to pile in...

Is the axe just that good? Or are some guns simply bad?

I like to have my axe for zombies and guns in places like cherno or electro for bandits otherwise axe is like my best freind its silent and deadly

I like to have my axe for zombies and guns in places like cherno or electro for bandits otherwise axe is like my best freind its silent and deadly

Agreed, but the axe can come into handy everywhere as it seems, but stealth if your best friend.

Axe seems ineffective against players. I've had about 10 swings on one person standing still, gushing blood and they still had time to turn round and shoot me, then start bandaging before I finished them off with a broken leg and bled to death myself.

... In fact with an axe i killed like 2-3 bandits (i have the game for 1 week now) who had guns (marakov-like).

If they come too close, like if we met just after passing a door, he dies very fast.. or run away.

And you can run like a retard it will be hard for him to shoot you, and get closer and closer..

It's my impressoin and my (little) experiance..

I agree that the axe is my very best friend in cities, until i found a crossbow :D

Crossbow is so-so. It feels hard to aim and the "iron sights" are all in your face.

The axe is great to run around with I have found, though in cities I would recommend guns due to other players. Up north? Axe all the way, unless I have a quiet/silenced weapon.

The Winchester 1 shot's zombies even with body shots. So if you're needing multiple shots to drop zombies you're either: Shooting at ranges over 150m (unlikely) or you're missing. (more likely)

The winchester is decently loud so you do have to deal with additional zombie agro, but it has 15 rounds per clip and ammo is plentiful.

Not trying to be a prick here, but the Winchester 1866 is a rifle NOT a shotgun. So, with slugs equipped it has much better range than a shotty. Hope this helps you with longer engagements.

I killed several guys with AKs, pistols and shotguns already while wielding an axe. Just spin around them. Makes it highly effective against players as long as you can get close enough without them noticing you.

Not trying to be a prick here' date=' but the Winchester 1866 is a rifle NOT a shotgun. So, with slugs equipped it has much better range than a shotty. Hope this helps you with longer engagements.

[/quote']

In reality yeah, but in the game it is a shotgun right... someone correct me.

It does seem to handle rather like a rifle though.