P0_ok

Secondary weapon: PDW or M9SD ?

I have ammo for both weapon, and my role in my team is to cover my teammates in the distance with my DMR (+ NVG at night) .

Can someone convince me with decents arguments to take one and throw the other one ?

(EDIT: I have ammo for both)

Thanks for the answer, but the ammo is not a problem. What is making me hesitate is the Full mode on the PDW with 30 round for panic shots or auto-defense, and the silenced badassry of the M9SD . Can someone testify how efficient are both weapons for PVP?

M9SD + headshots = win

but i don't seem any harm int he M1911 as 1 shot kills rock when your under pressure

I found the M9SD sights to be a bit off, as well as the PDW's. I use revolver or 1911, hits hard and lots of ammo (converting awesomeness).

i used a pdw in a fire fight in starysober and after firing a whole clip and attracting very zombie because the thing is just as loud as an m16 i would of rather had my m4a3 cco out that way i would of actually killed him at least.

I've never had or seen and m9sd so i can't voice an opinion on that, but i'd rather have an assault rifle out for pvp then the pdw.

however i have heard you can find an pdw silence? not sure though might just be rumours,

Take PDW! Someone is always can use your gear when you die fighting with that useless gun.

P.S.

Point is - don't use PDW. Use it only if you have no other weapon. I better take Makarov than PDW if i have the choice.

for night actions, the M9SD, for day, the M1911 is my weapon of choice, has a good accuracy for a sidegrade

the PDW can put out a hell of damage, but the ammo is pretty scarce and the accuracy is not good, only for elektro/cherno geruilla imo

I would recommend the M9 SD. As a sniper you don't want to reveal your position, so it can be handy to have if you need to kill zombies without revealing yourself. It's difficult to keep it supplied, though, so you should only use it against zombies when they are in the way.

I would actually vote for a glock 17 or an m1911.

The glock is a better backup weapon when it comes to zombies, the m1911 is a better backup weapon against players.

The PDW is overrated, it's not particularly quiet and hitting anything enough with the recoil it has is dodgy, especially with its sights.

The m9sd is inaccurate as hell, hard to keep ammo for and not particularly powerful. You sort of lose your silenced advantage if the thing you hit notices it has been hit and either warns its friends or runs at you while making more noise than a gunshot anyway.

has anyone tested if a m1911 or even a revolver kills a player with one headshot instantly? not actually sure about that

the pdw uses a lot of diff types of ammo if im not mistaken.

yes, you can even use mp5 mags afaik

DayZ wiki:

PDW ammo types:

M9 mag, M9 SD mag, MP5 mag, MP5 SD mag, PDW mag, PDW SD mag, G17 mag

g17 is dropping fairly often actually

' pid='202644' dateline='1340810033']

has anyone tested if a m1911 or even a revolver kills a player with one headshot instantly? not actually sure about that

At least the revolver can oneshot from what i've seen, might not be the same instant exploding death of the Enfield but still they won't be able to get back up before the timer runs out.

The revolver has reliable accuracy up to 100m+ as well.

never use a secondary for PvP.

Your usually dead by time you have to pull it out.

Primary I PvP and Secondary I Kill infected in my path.

so M9SD.

Suppose you could headshot a guy your sneaking up on also without giving away your self as much or luring zombies.

I have used both, and i can say from my arrogant point of view that the PDW is utterly shite, unless you are 5meters away from your target..

The M9Sd however i have confirmed kills with, upto 35meters, distance might be incorrect due to having a spotter who told me the range..

And i always doubletap so it kills everytime..

The sideflip to it, is as people say. Ammo is scarce and sometimes hard to come by, unless you raid army camps often, which we do.

However i just died, so im in need of a new M9 now..

Pref weps are the M9 and the Glock.

For starters id take the M1911 ANY DAY...

So if you can't get the other two, then get the M1911..

But beaware.. It roars like a lion, and hits like a train..

I'm currently holding onto a PDW, it was the first seconday I found when I spawned in elektro. Since I wanted to get the hell outta dodge while the gettin was good, I kept it. While ammo is common as has been said, it kinda feels weak, imo.

if you have a good primary with a reliable range, the pdw is good i guess (lee enfield against players works just fine for me) a good secondary for zombies is the pdw (plenty of ammo now that i checked it and one headshot kills a zombie like every weapon) or, if you find ammo for it, the M9SD is the perfect secondary against zombies

If you're on overwatch quite honestly you want something quite, any Z's that sneak up on you or someone that logs in near you you can take them out without waking up the neighborhood. The DMR takes care of LD shots.

M9 is horrible,is basically a Makarov with less range and more bullets in the clip. Go with the PDW.