theonlyanderson

delete this thread.

Love the fishing and melee weapon ideas, on the fence about the water tablets though.

Cricket bat or maybe a rare hurling stick (Irish immigrant brought it with him lol) would be cool. KBAR of course should be there too.

Great work on the models.

The water purification idea is interesting, gives an advantage to finding/carrying soda. But, another item should be added, a kettle. You would have to fill it with water and put it on a fire and then you could fill your canteens with it. It would serve as a more time consuming but unlimited source for clean water.

Your finishing rod model needs work, that reel look extremely tiny compared to the rest.

I don't think it would be too much detail because your idea is going to make these water tablets the only thing that would work for the wilderness survivors. People who don't want to go near towns & cities. Right now they can fill up in lakes and ponds, but if we added the purification tablets, they'd need a source for those, making you dependent on a loot pile. With the kettle you would still have to purify water from lakes & ponds without depending on a non-renewable resource.

I'd setup the Kettle like a canteen. It goes in the regular inventory section. When you go up to a lake pond, you would fill that instead of your canteens. When you are in front of a fire, you would do an action "Boil water" and it would fill your canteens with clean water and empty the Kettle.

Interesting idea with the can opener LOL :) Maybe you can't open cans of food until you have a hunting knife? I don't think we could get too much detail in this game provided it was realistic and intuitive.

YES! Well done mate even if these dont make it in they are cool as f***.

Water purification im not so sure of unless they bump the antibiotics drop.

Fishing is a definate yes i have thought of this many times while filling my canteens :p Good stuff mate good to see someone having good suggestions backed up with good work :)

My suggestion to you would be a riot shield. You can bet they were used in the chaos caused by the infection, on a massive scale. Also if they could work it so you cant be damaged from the front while using one, it would add a whole new dynamic to surviving bandit attacks aswell as zombies :)

My suggestion to you would be a riot shield. You can bet they were used in the chaos caused by the infection' date=' on a massive scale. Also if they could work it so you cant be damaged from the front while using one, it would add a whole new dynamic to surviving bandit attacks aswell as zombies :)

[/quote']

Riot shields should ONLY work against zombie attacks from the front and only for 1 zombie at a time. No shields that stop bullets.

Nice work on Maya; i'm a games designer and use the program myself; just wondering if you created the textures yourself?

My suggestion to you would be a riot shield. You can bet they were used in the chaos caused by the infection' date=' on a massive scale. Also if they could work it so you cant be damaged from the front while using one, it would add a whole new dynamic to surviving bandit attacks aswell as zombies :)

[/quote']

Riot shields should ONLY work against zombie attacks from the front and only for 1 zombie at a time. No shields that stop bullets.

Perhaps let you block all frontal damage and bullets, but have it degrade fast as it takes damage. Much more from bullets. Not sure how they would get around how to hold it though lol.

Great texture work man!

Not trying to bash you or anything, I mean as you said it's all WIP, but I assume you'll optimize the models a bit. Especially stuff like the handle on the machete seems to have way more polys than necessary. It's fairly small and it doesn't need a lot of polys.

Anyway, I'm sure you know this just as well as I do. I'm just slightly anal (read up on some Freud before making jokes about it kiddies :P (not referring to you Anderson)) when it comes to poly-counts.