Sign in to follow this  
Bigal123

Weapon Stances

Well, basically from playing DayZ for along time now, I am starting to not like the way the weapon stances are done.

For combat they are great, and everything is fine, as DayZ came from a origin of a war simulator.

But when not - incombat it would be cool to be able to holister your pistol in a holsiter on your hip, and a animation for it.

And for other things like a rifle, could have a sling to be able to carry on your back.

I think a big thing in Dayz, is visual. When your running and you come upon someone and you stop running your gun points straight into that direction, I personally think that alarms other players which causes confusion ending up in a gun fight.

And I know you can hit control to have you gun pointed down, but its not always reasonable, but can be useful at times. Now lets get this straight DayZ is a sandbox/survival not a Pvp whatever you want to call it. So, its not always needed to have your guns out.

Now of course you can carry your weapon on your back which is great but this is only a idea and something to think about. Not really a suggestion but just more of my input.

The suggestion itself is, more animations for holistering your gun on your side, carry rifles on a sling, and maybe pulling off your backpack and opening it, when going into your backpack to gather stuff. 

Please comment ideas, if you think this is dumb shit or not a terrible idea. :)

• Like 4

they are good suggestions, but some of the stuff like dropping your backpack to take out something would probably be too tedious to add into the game. i still want to be able to drop a melee in exchange for another rifle..

your ideas are very good, beans for you  :thumbsup:  :beans:

your ideas are very good, beans for you  :thumbsup:  :beans:

Haha, thanks :)

they are good suggestions, but some of the stuff like dropping your backpack to take out something would probably be too tedious to add into the game. i still want to be able to drop a melee in exchange for another rifle..

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, its just an idea or concept I am trying to get to people.

Animations are tedious to make but should be done, also you should be able to leave the animation and not be stuck to it.

• Like 1