gibonez

Will the new AKM suck ?

AKM dispersion  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AKM will have horrible dispersion?

The SKS is almost as accurate as the mosin if you're not trying to shoot it on the run. I've had many a kill at 400+ with the PU.

I think that you playing a little to much Berizino Warfare my boy.

But in terms of it being a gun i dont think it matters what kind it is. A bullet enters your brain or a vital organ you NORMALLY dont live though something like that without proper medical care.... lol

True but you know all guns are not built the same.

m4 is smaller lighter, more accurate , maneuverable, you can carry alot more ammo for it .

Bar none nobody in real life would pick any of the dayz guns up over an m4.

Yea and the m4 is nearly twice as accurate as a mosin at 100 yards even more so with the new round the us military moved to back in 2010.

Point is the mosin simply is not accurate enough in real life to want it over a m4 it also does not have as much fire power as an m4 , 30 rounds vs 5.

If someone is hiding behind cover then yes perhaps you would want a mosin,

Even then I rather have an m4.

How many mosins have you fired?  How many AR15 variants?

Twice as accurate?  Bull shit.  You can post all day, but you are an obvious internet warrior.  Go out and shoot some groups honey, then we can talk.

True but you know all guns are not built the same.

m4 is smaller lighter, more accurate , maneuverable, you can carry alot more ammo for it .

Bar none nobody in real life would pick any of the dayz guns up over an m4.

Personal preference is a thing in real life too you know.  Some where there's some guy who's been shooting a mosin his whole life, and may just not like the way an m4 feels to him.

That recent thread by that dude in USMC recon is a perfect example of how different people prefer different weapons.

• Like 1

Personal preference is a thing in real life too you know.  Some where there's some guy who's been shooting a mosin his whole life, and may just not like the way an m4 feels to him.

That recent thread by that dude in USMC recon is a perfect example of how different people prefer different weapons.

Yea what you said is absolutely true.

This would also be true in game if the weapons had their real life properties.

I think it will have bad dispersion just like every other gun, I don't think it will suck though just like the m4 doesn't actually suck.

Do they suck compared to arma?  Yeah.  Do they suck compared to every other gun in the SA, not really.

The AKM is going to have a 75 round mag and shoot a higher powered round than the m4.  It's going to be devastating at certain ranges, and like the m4 I think it will make up for medium ranges with the sheer amount of rounds you can throw at someone.  It will also be able to attach a PSO scope, and if they allow it to attach a bipod well I can see this thing basically being a shitty LMG.

And a shitty LMG in a game without LMGs is still an extremely strong weapon.

Do you have any idea what an LMG is bro? This is an AKM not a belt fed weapon. Gotta love the internet sometimes......

Guy, I know what an LMG is.  I did not say an AKM is an LMG, I implied it's potentially like a shitty LMG because it has a 75 round drum mag, meaning you're going to be able to spray a shit load of bullets downrange.  Pretty sure being belt fed isn't a prerequisite of being an LMG either as you're implying, as many can support magazines.

Reading comprehension man.

Edited by Bororm

Guy, I know what an LMG is.  I did not say an AKM is an LMG, I implied it's potentially like a shitty LMG because it has a 75 round drum mag, meaning you're going to be able to spray a shit load of bullets downrange.  Pretty sure being belt fed isn't a prerequisite of being an LMG either as you're implying, as many can support magazines.

Reading comprehension man.

RPK 47 and 74 are considered lmgs right ? those are not belt fed.

Jesus 27.5 moa.

..... It must have no rifling or something.

You could launch firework rockets from a 4 foot section of drainpipe with less dispersion than that...

I think that you playing a little to much Berizino Warfare my boy.

Airfields. Fuck Berez.

There is a difference between the guns being inaccurate and being unbalanced.  

I think there is good internal balance.  Each gun does a different thing.  The only gun that is sort of really garbage right now is the sawed off shotgun.  It is still plagued by those odd moments where point blank shots do nothing.  I have not really had that issue yet, but I read enough about it that I figure it must be real!

dayZ is constantly labeled zombie survival simulation. if its a simulator i want the guns to be portrayed ever bit as accurate to life as possible. "balance" if for arcade shooters. if your going to use simulation to justify overly complicated nutrition and medical aspect then they *bleep* well better be just as spot on with the weapons. if they dont it's sheer prrof positive that they intent to steer and minipulate gameplay with thier crappy attachment system. and no "alpha" does not make that okay. neither will beta or release day.

I still have hopes that with more makeshift weapons introduced, the amount of firearms & ammo will be lowered drastically - especially military gear - and thus they have the freedom to make assault rifles more realistic without turning everything in a big "M4/AKM to rule this world" mod.

dayZ is constantly labeled zombie survival simulation. if its a simulator i want the guns to be portrayed ever bit as accurate to life as possible. "balance" if for arcade shooters. if your going to use simulation to justify overly complicated nutrition and medical aspect then they *bleep* well better be just as spot on with the weapons. if they dont it's sheer prrof positive that they intent to steer and minipulate gameplay with thier crappy attachment system. and no "alpha" does not make that okay. neither will beta or release day.

To be honest, when you factor in the actual accuracy of a civilian shooter with little to moderate experience with the various firearms, the game is really extremely forgiving.

Stick an AR15/M4 in the hands of your average AMerican and see how many shots they can put on a man sized target at 300 - 500 yards from a crouch.

To be honest, when you factor in the actual accuracy of a civilian shooter with little to moderate experience with the various firearms, the game is really extremely forgiving.

Stick an AR15/M4 in the hands of your average AMerican and see how many shots they can put on a man sized target at 300 - 500 yards from a crouch.

I think you vastly underestimate the accuracy of the average American citizen.

The accuracy shown in game is that of Michael J fox if he were given a gun.

<OrLoK says: Do not use examples of dreadful life altering illnesses to be "hilarious" its not amusing or  tasteful.> Image snipped.

Edited by orlok
Taste.

I own an AK47, AR15, 2 mosin, a couple 1911's, and several other guns.  Try going to any shoot in this country and look at folks firing at 100 or 200 yards.  You would be surprised how much different than your thought experiments with wikipedia Gib.

I own an AK47, AR15, 2 mosin, a couple 1911's, and several other guns.  Try going to any shoot in this country and look at folks firing at 100 or 200 yards.  You would be surprised how much different than your thought experiments with wikipedia Gib.

Problem is the lack of ranges that go past 100y.

:/

I wish I lived in California or Nevada where theres millions of acres of free public BLM land where you can shoot out in the wilderness.

As for your comment. I realize people are not perfect shooters, heck in game the player holds the gun far steadier than I ever could unless I had a bipod or a sling tightly wrapped around me.

However do you not think the random dispersion is the wrong way to represent inherent accuracy, dont you think, sway, recoil and other handling techniques would be better suited for this so called SIM ?

That innacuracy should be in the form of sway. This means the individual player's skill in anticipating the movement of his gun and compensating for muzzle climb while firing become the determining factor. Right now the attachments mechanicly modify weapon stats in a very arcadey and atrificial way.

That innacuracy should be in the form of sway. This means the individual player's skill in anticipating the movement of his gun and compensating for muzzle climb while firing become the determining factor. Right now the attachments mechanicly modify weapon stats in a very arcadey and atrificial way.

This is pretty much my problem with the current system.

Due to this we remove skill from PVP and it merely becomes a game of luck and chance something that should never be in a sim.

This is pretty much my problem with the current system.

Due to this we remove skill from PVP and it merely becomes a game of luck and chance something that should never be in a sim.

Indeed this is why im completely put off by modern FPS like CoD since 4, and battlefield after BC2. the idea of weapon "attachements" or "perks" deciding fighte more in the skills of the 2 people shooting. Give us full ballistics and moderatley realistic handling. things like grips and bipods should mitigate SWAY/recoil not change A SINGLE STAT on the actual gun in terms of spread or divergence of rounds. they make it EASIER for the PLAYER to handle the weapon.

the gurrent system is much more akin to BF3/4 style attachments

It is easier to just make a random dispersion than try to put in sway.  I really can't think of a game that can accurately model sway well enough to make it worth the potential motion sickness.

I mean come on, on the first shot on a standing target, you can hit anything at 500 yards while standing.  Try that in real life.  The ranged shots in this game are absurdly accurate.  I will say that pistols are completely odd, and the recoil on the SKS is stupid.  The pistols need some work, especially the 1911.  I have had a good run, hitting zombies with 4 out of 4 shots last night.  The time before that, I shot at a zombie and the shot it 10 feet about his head from 40 yards.

I don't see why anyone would vote no, considering the dispersion of every other weapon in the game is beyond ridiculous.

It is easier to just make a random dispersion than try to put in sway.  I really can't think of a game that can accurately model sway well enough to make it worth the potential motion sickness.

I mean come on, on the first shot on a standing target, you can hit anything at 500 yards while standing.  Try that in real life.  The ranged shots in this game are absurdly accurate.  I will say that pistols are completely odd, and the recoil on the SKS is stupid.  The pistols need some work, especially the 1911.  I have had a good run, hitting zombies with 4 out of 4 shots last night.  The time before that, I shot at a zombie and the shot it 10 feet about his head from 40 yards.

Arma 3 handles sway and dispersion perfectly fine.

Especially with realism mods it makes 300m shots hard and 600 m shots quite difficult unless you rest your weapon on an object or deploy a bipod.

ACE mod = Perfect when it comes to sway , dispersion and simulating real life gun accuracy.

ACE mod has higher dispersion values compared to arma 2 and the sway and recoil is adjusted to accurate values however weapon resting and bipods play a big role for 200+ yard shots as they would in real life.

With the mosin and maybe the blaze you may be right, but the other guns including the sks are not very accurate at all in the SA.  I don't think anyone is asking for laser accuracy, but it really is rolling the dice shooting something like the m4 past even a couple hundred meters, unless you meet some pretty big prerequisites (bipod, mp parts, prone).  The game already has weapon sway, I think it could be increased a bit, and crouching could use more of a bonus over standing etc.  I'd just like something closer to arma 2 at the end of the day, and I'm pretty sure that's why most people are upset about it, because coming from that it's total shit.

I think people do exaggerate it a bit though, to the point of saying these guns are useless or whatever when that's not really the case but really it's pretty bad.

It all needs to be tweaked and balanced, but again, they simply don't care right now.  It sucks, but it's the way it is, balance is not something they're currently interested in.  So unless they decide to do it as a side project we have no choice but to be patient and make the best of what we got.

• Like 2

With the mosin and maybe the blaze you may be right, but the other guns including the sks are not very accurate at all in the SA.  I don't think anyone is asking for laser accuracy, but it really is rolling the dice shooting something like the m4 past even a couple hundred meters, unless you meet some pretty big prerequisites (bipod, mp parts, prone).  The game already has weapon sway, I think it could be increased a bit, and crouching could use more of a bonus over standing etc.  I'd just like something closer to arma 2 at the end of the day, and I'm pretty sure that's why most people are upset about it, because coming from that it's total shit.

You almost read my mind man.

I would not be here complaining if Stand Alone had no heritage or previous dayz mod to compare it to.

We literally went from the mod which had pretty decent shooting mechanics due to its arma 2 roots to stand alone which is downright awful in comparison.

Nobody who bought standalone at launch could have predicted how bad the shooting would be or how much it would differ from the mod.

You almost read my mind man.

I would not be here complaining if Stand Alone had no heritage or previous dayz mod to compare it to.

We literally went from the mod which had pretty decent shooting mechanics due to its arma 2 roots to stand alone which is downright awful in comparison.

Nobody who bought standalone at launch could have predicted how bad the shooting would be or how much it would differ from the mod.

SA devs seem to have forgotten the things that were so RIGHT about the mod. silly rocket and is blind mission to change ever single fricken thing from the ground up