rocket

Patch 1.5.7 and this being an Alpha and fucking zombie spawns

Will give it a try today when i get back home, but it sounds awesome. I won't feel like Rambo anymore lol, when I massacre the whole village population with my enfield :D

I realy loved p.s. you are all fucked. Drawing the peops out of the city and back to the wilderness ... perfect!

Very well done. Sometimes good things happend to be created by accident ...

Lets see how Average Life Expectancy will drop within dayz ... :)

Will give it a try today when i get back home' date=' but it sounds awesome. I won't feel like Rambo anymore lol, when I massacre the whole village population with my enfield :D

[/quote']

Yeah. Good luck with that. :D

I'm fine with more zombies. In fact, the sheer number of z's will deter bandits from firing random shots.

The one problem I have is that stupid fast respawn rate for them now. We cleared a bunch of z's on one side of town, then we cleared the other side. When we went back, a bunch more already spawned.

Damn you video game industry for confusing consumers so that nobody knows what Alpha's, Beta's, or releases are!! Damn you!

But yes, lets all approach this with the spirit of experimentation. How will this ridiculous mistake affect the gameplay? I physically cannot release a patch for a few days (I was up all night with this, and I go to work shortly, and it's my birthday) - so regardless of how bad the situation is we're all just going to have to make do.

I patched and logged in tonight and saw the counts and everybody freaking out and went "I can tell none of you were around 2 weeks ago!"

The last couple patches have been a vacation - low zombie counts and low-ish respawns meaning that the cities are shopping malls and the north is a playground.

Everybody who was against PVP should be celebrating the change, since firing shots is now extremely dangerous. Everybody who wants to PVP can celebrate as well, since there will probably end up being a lot more movement and a lot less hold-and-defend mentality.

-snip-

Really' date=' I'm at my wit's end with people who continue to post the same stuff again and again. It prevents me and the others in the team from being able to read the real and relevant points and the important discussion. If people can see an issue has been highlighted, and the reasons for the situation explained, I would expect them not to say the exact same thing as the person above them.

-snip-

[/quote']

Why don't you tell the mods to prevent this, or at least take some action. Forums are full of reposts and what not, people making threads over and over about the same stuff, let the mods do something about it, that's why they are mods right? No need to be friendly all the time, enough is enough.

Love the new Zombie count.

Now I have to plan and be careful before running up north to link up with my mates after dieing.

Tumbs up Rocket, and happy birthday.

All these kids are just crying because they want to be the lone survivor and cant now.

Rocket thanks for allowing us to be in the Alpha testing and HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old fart

you cant even go anywhere not even woods without attracting zombies even if you crouch. no matter what your fucked. There is just too many

you cant even go anywhere not even woods without attracting zombies even if you crouch. no matter what your fucked. There is just too many

double-facepalm.jpg

Well some Feedback i guess from me is make the silent weapons a little more Viable IE Crossbow Bolts come in like a case of 3 as the bolts take up so much space in retrospect to other weapons. Also maybe implement a Melee weapon for the times you want that silent kill or when your out of ammo. As at this point in the game with Zombies Coming in hordes The Silent kills could be a very good tool if they were more accessible.

Damn you video game industry for confusing consumers so that nobody knows what Alpha's' date=' Beta's, or releases are!! Damn you!

[/quote']

I didn't know this was "alpha" till I went on the forums here. The press attention didn't really lead me to believe this mod was in the early stages.

It is a really huge change in gameplay, so you are going to get a lot of responses. Just ignore them for a bit, eat some cake, have your birthday. Wait till things have settled a bit.

I think it makes the game a lot more difficult to start a new character at night. I just stopped trying, things are way darker now. Too dark, and the flares certainly don't help with the increased zombie population. Rather than dying in the dark, I can see for about 30 seconds before I am devoured. Pre-patch I was able to see at least a little in the dark, now it is pitch black.

I didn't know this was "alpha" till I went on the forums here. The press attention didn't really lead me to believe this mod was in the early stages.

You saw the logo right? The one at the top of every page?

makes it impossible to carry a AK, or a Cz if you shoot your dead. maybe if their senses were lowered maybe :/

Or you actually use the CZ550 as intended and don't shoot from <750 meters...

explain ak and the akm and the revolver

and even if you are 750 + meters away zombies will still come to you, you can shoot at one target and have 50 more come from the sides of you.

Thanks for spamming this thread to my reply (possibly?)' date=' im not complaining. I was trying to give my feedback about the situation atm regarding the zombie lvls, i did read that post and i understand there a repercussions for being in Alpha. You dont want community opinions and feedback?

[/quote']

It is good to get feedback. But what is not good, is to get the same thing again and again when the situation is explained. Especially when the bug itself creates an interesting situation to study the mechanic.

Yes, the patch unexpectedly created large numbers of zombies. Once I realized this, I immediately made an announcement.

Really, I'm at my wit's end with people who continue to post the same stuff again and again. It prevents me and the others in the team from being able to read the real and relevant points and the important discussion. If people can see an issue has been highlighted, and the reasons for the situation explained, I would expect them not to say the exact same thing as the person above them.

There have been extremely important contributions come from the forums. Telling me there are large numbers of zombies now spawning, is not one of them. I know, I saw for myself, and I made an announcement immediately. No we study what happens till the next patch.

People feel that stating the same thing is casting their vote for that idea. People can provde feed back but be compeletly wrong and off from the genreral public opinion. What you should do is create a poll system. If people feel there are too many zombies, vote there are too many zombies. This will allow your crew to not read countless messages and be able to see the numbers easily. Just a thought.

and even if you are 750 + meters away zombies will still come to you, you can shoot at one target and have 50 more come from the sides of you.

Haha, haven't had the chance to play the new version yet but I bet firing the Lee Enfield / DMR will be hilarous XD

Glad I have a silenced M4 (better find some more SD ammo though!)

I am going to have to unfortunately put this in caps as this thread is just getting out of hand with replies:

ROCKET, I LOVE THE NEW ZOMBIE QUANTITY AND I HOPE IT REMAINS.

i enjoy the amount of zombies now, and the fact that i have seen them "wander" around between towns is great.