I fully agree with the idea of spawning more zeds, but now there are 30+ zombies in towns with one or two houses. The town population obviously isn't that much.

My Mak is nearly out of ammo after killing 8 or 10 of them.

If you're just starting out, it's nearly impossible to get anywhere near any structure.

We need the revolver or 1911 to start. I last several days on 2 of my characters, now I've been killed twice in 20 minutes.

It may be just me, but it's nearly impossible to start fresh, at night, with a peashooter.

The larger number of zombies means you need to be smart about your ammo.

A Makarov can one shot a zombie if you hit it in the head. Don't go wasting 3 shots to the body.

Don't go killing zombies that don't need to be killed - play smart.

I disagree with needing to change the starting weapon. The revolver is just too strong.

even if the number of zombies was half and you managed to get all the zombies, you cant afford more than one town and if it doesnt have super loot, youre done.

P.S. Re: Zombie Numbers.... hahah... you're all fucked. deeply fucked. Good luck.

LOL

If you really sneak, the Z's will hardly see you. You can sneak in, grab some shit and get back out without a singel shot fired or a Z attacking.

This is about survival, not shooting shit loads of zombies.

I am not sure about the new amount of zeds ... I have spent the last few days creeping about, avoiding zeds when necessary and making dashes into towns when I have to and had racked up just 36 kills. Which I liked.

I just logged in to a 1.5.7 server and was stunned at just how many zeds were around a 4 house town. I managed to sneak into a house and look for stuff, but then a zombie spotted me through a wall - I was crouched totally still - and suddenly a stream of zombies came running through the door.

I rocketed to 61 kills from 36 in just that one encounter, and whilst it was sort of fun, it felt wrong. It felt like CoD but with plain zeds instead of Nazi ones, not a Deer Hunter of the future style survival game.

I did nothing at all to attract their attention, so how is that avoidable then? I could be the best player in the world and if a zed wants to use his x-ray vision to see through walls there is not a thing I can do to avoid that encounter.

I dunno, I just don't know ...... *shakes head*

Its too much, now even a deer stand in the middle of nowhere has a population of 4. Turn it down to 1/4th or 1/3th, then the amount of zombies starts making sense.

Hmm lets see here. Crossbow. You can reuse ammo. One shot to the head. Does not draw agro... Seems good to me vs zombies. Not good vs players.

Lager groups could also help.

Did u know u can sneak up to a Z and kill it with a knife (If melee combat was possible).

Thers shitloads of tin cans, wisky bottles that u can use to throw.

You start with a flare, the fizzle noise will alert the Z.

And im not sure if Z use vision, cause i and my friends have encounter zombies 1m one even walked "over" my friend when they where proneing.

You know what would be perfect? The old amount of zombies, but with improved AI. Yeah...

You know what would be perfect? If people would make up their mind on the subject. Yeah...

Fix'd

Hmm lets see here. Crossbow. You can reuse ammo. One shot to the head. Does not draw agro... Seems good to me vs zombies. Not good vs players.

Lager groups could also help.

You know what would be nice? If I could find one.

And what could possibly a better AI do? They still cant run uphill or inside houses cause of arma 2 engine. Its enough that the AI can hit true walls and move also.

Son just get skills is a zombie survival game

Way too many... even with a group of 5 we ran out of ammo while trying to hold off others while trying to gather more ammo.

Too many zombies. Just too many. Maybe' date=' say, half of these.

[/quote']

i feel like thats the mentality people should have when playing this game

I like it this way. It forces group work and distraction tactics in taking down a horde. Seems to need some refining as to exactly where and how many spawn, but greater numbers increase team work and will cut down on PvP as you really need to plan stuff out carefully or group up before going in. Finally there is a point to smoke grenades and HEs. I do predict the rise of the enfield/Winchester though.

There is many ways to work around this to get loot, it just seems that people is lacking the skills to figure it out, post on forum and complain on how bad you actually are at this game.

Cant wait until i get in the game, i am in the middle of a town.

I got on,

No moon, torrential rain, 1 flare. I popped that sucker only to discover before me 30 some zeds in this little podunk craphole of a town, I could count the number of winchester shells I had on one hand. The hopelessness I felt at that moment could never be bought, this is what Dayz should be. There are plenty of distraction methods, and it's straight forward (not easy, but you know what you have to do) to sneak by them. If I had my way we'd keep keep everything as of current and we'd reduce the ammo count in the loot pickups.

Be aware of your surroundings, don't shoot unless you have to, use distractions, be smart, stay alive. This is survival, not zombie hunting.

The new zombie sounds are terrifying. Huge improvement.

well, I spawn in a empty town, trow a few flares to see, all empty. It have a few flares burning already, looks like someone just have walked by. Then:

2012_05_14_00013.jpg

2012_05_14_00016.jpg

2012_05_14_00010.jpg

Yes, I died.

sorry my english.

well' date=' I spawn in a empty town, trow a few flares to see, all empty. It have a few flares burning already, looks like someone pass by. Then:

sorry my english.

[/quote']

beautiful

Spend your time near steep hills. Aggro all zombies, lead them to the steep hill, run down it. You live, they all die on the hill due to how fast they run. Works like a charm. But fuck if I'm going to play at night. I'm out in Africa at the moment with zero flares and the whole "gamma" thing doesn't work properly anymore.

You're all missing the point.

1. First off, it's impossible to group up when you're being spawn raped by zed's.

2. As nice as it would be to headshot 30 zombies in a row to save ammo, sorry, it just doesn't work like that.

The point is, when you're on a respawn, and have literally nothing, it's near impossible.

It has nothing to do with being "stealthy". Do i start with tin cans or glass bottles to distract them?

No, I don't.

I knew there would be the crowd of people saying "Headshots are one shots kills" and "It's all about stealth"

That's easy to say cooped up in Cherno with ammo out of the ass.

Try a respawn, throw a flare(because it's black out) alert a town a zed's, clear it out with all headshots with ammo to spare and I'll eat my words.