Sign in to follow this  
.Ender.

Flashlight issues (default bind key not working)

Hey guys. I searched the forums and the only place I found anything was the Bug Reports section. It had a report but no reviews at this time and it was a few days ago (if I recall). I did not see any other threads specific to the lights not working with the bind key, only issues of the lights acting odd (which they work fine for me otherwise).

Is the "L" key that's bound by default to turn lights on and off not working for anyone else?

Whether its a flashlight, head torch, gun light, etc, it just doesn't work. Ive got to open my inventory, right click the flashlight, and select 'Turn on'. Then repeat to 'Turn off'.

I wasn't sure if anyone has had this issue but it makes playing at night ridiculous (and almost every server is night time apparently whether it claims day by the server time). You've constantly got to be in your inventory which means you're not looking for even a few seconds at something/someone in the dark coming near you, or you need to quick to disable it if you see someone else's light and don't want to be spotted from a distance.

Have you attached batteries?

The lights are working, he just doesn't understand why the key binding doesn't work.

Have you tried changing the key binding from its default to maybe Lx2?

The lights are working, he just doesn't understand why the key binding doesn't work.

Have you tried changing the key binding from its default to maybe Lx2?

Ah I see been up for 28 hours, my reading skill is about even with helen keller.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Ah I see been up for 28 hours, my reading skill is about even with helen keller.

Give that magnificent beard a rest.  I'll take over from here.

• Like 1

Using a flashlight, weapon flashlight (the M4 RIS attachable one) and gas lamp in my hands I can use the default "L" key to operate them. Or scroll activate them also. But headtorch, pistol flashlight and M4 flashlight attached don't seem to work with either "L" or scroll click. Need to go inside inventory and turn them on manually. At least for me.

Edited by Odin Lowe

Give that magnificent beard a rest.  I'll take over from here.

Back under the covers with Orlok I go.

• Like 1

Using a flashlight, weapon flashlight (the M4 RIS attachable one) and gas lamp in my hands I can use the default "L" key to operate them. Or scroll activate them also. But headtorch, pistol flashlight and M4 flashlight attached don't seem to work with either "L" or scroll click. Need to go inside inventory and turn them on manually. At least for me.

Yeah, and whats funny that you said that...Im sporting a pistol, M4, and regular flashlights all are not working with the default bind key.

I have not tried changing the bind key, but all other binded keys work, so why wouldn't that one? It is part of troubleshooting and I'll try it next time.

The lights do work as I indicated, by going into my inventory. So yes, they all have a 9v attached and they all function.

I also had the headtorch but tossed it, but before I did it was the same. Required inventory access to toggle the light on/off.

I did not see a scroll option with my mouse button either.

• Like 1

and S&P's beard is magnificent...  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have the same issue with 'L'.  

I was playing Dangerous Rays though.

• Like 1