Sign in to follow this  
Renun

Can't Fire guns or attack with axe. LMB doesn't work

OK so I start playing last night and a friend of mine finds me and gives me a gun which is pristine. I load bullets in it which are pristine and and press space to raise the gun and try to shoot a Zombie....Nothing happens. I check key bindings and see that prim mouse button is set to fire. I reset it and try again...nothing...my friend takes the gun and loads the same bullets I had in it and shoots off a couple rounds. I take the gun back and go through the same thing but nothing happens when I try to shoot. This also affects when holding an axe...I can't attack anything. 

Has anyone had this issue? IF so how do I resolve it? Thanks in advance!

maybe your mouse isnt working?

I thought this but my mouse works in every other game I play. Just not this one.

I'm unsure as you have done the proper steps for it to function.  I have seen a thread recently where a guy was killed whilst holding the left mouse button, upon respawn it was no longer functiong, let me sift.  Did you die prior in combat holding LMB to help verify this?

was the ammo/magazine ruined?

No because I gave all the stuff back to my friend and he shot off a few rounds. I took everything back and nothing. No clicking or action. Same issue with trying to swing an axe.

I'm unsure as you have done the proper steps for it to function.  I have seen a thread recently where a guy was killed whilst holding the left mouse button, upon respawn it was no longer functiong, let me sift.  Did you die prior in combat holding LMB to help verify this?

This was my first character....

Run a verification of your game cache.

Launch steam as administrator.

Right click Dayz in your library.

Go to properties.

Select local files tab.

Select verify game cache.

Once completed launch the game and see if you have the function back,  other than hardware issues I am unsure if corrupt files may cause this, so lets give this a shot.

Run a verification of your game cache.

Launch steam as administrator.

Right click Dayz in your library.

Go to properties.

Select local files tab.

Select verify game cache.

Once completed launch the game and see if you have the function back,  other than hardware issues I am unsure if corrupt files may cause this, so lets give this a shot.

Thanks! Ill give this a shot right after work.

Also check if no other functions are bound to LMB.

• Like 1

Also check if no other functions are bound to LMB.

I did check this. Thanks for the help though.

Ill also put in that I will re assign the fire button and it still does not work. 

I just had the exact same thing start happening to me. I am a seasoned Dayz/Arma player and I know that theres bullets/clip in the gun and/or the axe is NOT ruined. It just started happening out of nowhere. For example I go to axe a zombie and it allows me to raise my axe like I'm going to attack but then it stops there and doesn't come down on the zombie. I then have to run like hell and exit out of the server and log back in and it takes forever to do that. This only fixes the problem for a few minutes and then it starts doing it again!!!! Arghhhhh!! My dayz is up to date and everything so why is it doing this??? and is anyone else having this problem?? 

This problem seems to be spreading. My first day after the new patch got attacked by this fast hopping zombie and I killed it with me axe. The next one I ran into using my axe could not attack, ran away and check my axe it's still pristine and now it's time for my handgun. Handgun in pristine condition, ammo good and try the fire the weapon and nothing. So I restarted the game and now my charactuer has been reset and I can't even use my default one. I tried everything that was suggested in this post and nothing works.

Guess I'll have to wait for the next patch.

Edited by insaneroy