Sign in to follow this  
makomachine

Do you allow others to rob you?

I met a guy at NW arfield so i handcuffed him.

Took a look in his back pack.

He had a motorcycle helmet, mele,FNX45, cargo pants and a 4 slot vest.

I took his mag and removed the ammo although i didn't notice it was a 9mm mag.(prob why no gunplay was made)

But better to be safe than sorry so took the ammo gave him in return a opend tin of peaces and a bandage.

Poor guy had like no food and med stuff.

After thad i uncuffed him and told him in the tens upahead is a m4.

It's hard playing the good guy got killed so many times, but the few i helped are alway so fun.

Give a new spawn a prestine allauld vest, engraved 1911+ammo&mag,some food and a bandage.

Just the way they don't expect you to be nice is so fun.

To bad so many unproper bandis are in dayZ, what ever happend to ''give me your beans''

Though known how eazy it is to knock some one down with your fists and drag his gun to your hands i can understand is a little, only a little.

Why do helmets dont protect against knockout bu unarmed attacks?

Edited by (DD)DutchB4k
  • Like 1

To be fair, I'd much rather be robbed than just straight off killed cold heartedly, it would then give me a chance to use negotiating skills and turn them into my hands. 

Alas, this has never happened. :(

Edited by Pazzmon
  • Like 1

In my experience, being handcuffed means also dying. Just slower. With some idiots laughing their asses off and stroking their e-peen while they make you eat rotten bananas, force feed you disinfectant and break your legs, electrocute you with a defibrilator, drain your blood until you die,.... Not going to happen again. They can talk to me, but only through walls. And I'd go down fighting every day instead of giving them their sick pleasure on their quest for stupid e-power. 

Edited by cuddly_rabbit

Hell no.

Lets see... which is easier and less time consuming?

#1.  Get force fed rotten fruit and run around sick for the next 2 hours looking for tabs only to die anyway

#2.  Go out fighting, respawn on a fresh server, run to the NEAF or Bolota and get geared up again in 30 mins.

Im going to go with #2

Seeing how I have way better gear then most robbing me equals taking like 90% of my stuff...

Ill go down fighting and ruin the gear or both myself and the robber.

I carry an M4 with 4 60 round clips loaded at all times and all pristine gear and have survived two mousin shots on more than one occasion. If your sniping I will be sprinting so dont expect an easy shot and if ur in cloe quarters be prepared for one hell of a shootout.

I am also patient and will hold out in cover as long as I have to...after all it is more dangerous for those outside the building to be attacked by zombies or other players as opposed to me hiding out inside.

That said I am friendly and if you see me at he airfields I am usually there for like 1 item literally so I am not really someone to compete with for ur lewts.

U wont find me in the big cities I hide out in the north.

Better to die in glory then end up a Bambi with food poisoning.

Edited by trev186

I won't let someone rob me.  Just not going to happen, shoot me I don't mind.  Your not going to rob me, I'm not here for your fun I play the game for my fun and being robbed isn't fun.

I met a guy at NW arfield so i handcuffed him.

Took a look in his back pack.

He had a motorcycle helmet, mele,FNX45, cargo pants and a 4 slot vest.

I took his mag and removed the ammo although i didn't notice it was a 9mm mag.(prob why no gunplay was made)

But better to be safe than sorry so took the ammo gave him in return a opend tin of peaces and a bandage.

Poor guy had like no food and med stuff.

After thad i uncuffed him and told him in the tens upahead is a m4.

It's hard playing the good guy got killed so many times, but the few i helped are alway so fun.

Give a new spawn a prestine allauld vest, engraved 1911+ammo&mag,some food and a bandage.

Just the way they don't expect you to be nice is so fun.

To bad so many unproper bandis are in dayZ, what ever happend to ''give me your beans''

Though known how eazy it is to knock some one down with your fists and drag his gun to your hands i can understand is a little, only a little.

Why do helmets dont protect against knockout bu unarmed attacks?

Motorbike helmet does prevent KOs

Aso provides the same protection from gunfire as ballistic helm while protecting the face.

I usually just listen to them, unless they are poorly armed and there is a chance I can get away alive/kill them. I mostly just get shot after they get what they want, or sometimes I just get restrained and executed. Still better than being shot on sight.

I welcome it, I'm stripped bollock naked before they can ask....that's just me though 

I'm on a bit of a break from the game at the moment but was contemplating my 'playstyle' today and began questioning something I've done over the last 200 hours or so. I was killed while complying to a robbery on several occasions (all of them to that date) and I adopted a non-compliance policy which included a fight to the death and taking the most damage to my valuables as possible in the process. My initial thought was that this deterred robberies for those committing them, as they get minimal gear out of the process, but now I'm not so sure. How do you approach 'being robbed'?

Well so far I have always declined, once was as a new spawn with no gear where two fully geared guys tried to steal my blood, I told them to suck it and attacked them with my fists and was promptly shot. The other in the firehouse in Elektro, I had met some friendlies and we got surrounded by a Russian gang who ordered us to give up. I had a pistol with one clip, decided that I wouldn't, took one down with me but the others riddled me with bullets from their M4s.

Anyway, if I felt like "roleplaying" and/or if they were actually doing a good job at robbing me or were funny/amusing, I'd probably let them just to have the experience. Any other time, especially when they are being dicks, I'll fight to my last breath :)

If I'm held at gunpoint by more then 1 person I will let them rob me. I got robbed the other day and they told me to drop everything I had. They only took my sewing kit and gun and gave me back everything else and told me to walk in a certain direction. It's good at times if you don't resist because that will reduce the KoS mentality and keep banditry real and original. ;)

Every time I submit to a robbery I ultimately get tortured and killed. So lately I've just been running for dear life if I'm not armed well enough to put up a fight.

I haven't been held up yet, but I'm never going to comply when I do.  I'm here to play a video game, not waste my time dealing with some squeaky internet kids trying to be tough.

With my current character, I would comply in everyday, though wouldn't allow myself to be cuffed.

My character is 98 hours old, all in populated servers and in prime areas.  I have been left for dead twice (once revived when my friend managed to kill the bad guys, once I was woken by a third party who found myself and my killer both down), I have fallen unconscious two other times but woke up in time to self heal.  I am deeply attached to this guy and would give up everything to be allowed to live.

Every other character, I run and get a better position.

i, umm… never get robbed..

scBWh5I.jpg

Never...

aeHu6I0.jpg

ever...

jkHRIB7.jpg