Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

Will the late May update fix the broken distance rendering?

Yes.    But could they at least make a one sentence statement acknowledging the problem and saying "hey guys, will be fixed in future updates, maybe not May, but definitely by June".

We are only asking when they might fix something that used to already work in the game.

It will be fixed in future updates.

This is crap.

That puff of dust you see at 1000 meters was taken through a lens that far exceeds the 8x magnification afforded by the LRS. In game, before the last patch, the blood spatters and impact hits you could see were greatly exaggerated, to say the least, to be able to see them at such a distance. So yeah, they were definitely "fake" as far as that goes.

Know your range, know your weapon and its limitations, and don't waste ammo on uber long range shots.

But if someone is new to sniping in the DayZ game...... who starting sniping only after they broke the distance rendering.... how can they learn and know their distances?   There are so many few damn zombies that it is very difficult to learn how to zero your scope by killing zombies because there may be none in the areas where you are not sure of your range.

I think the problem with no one understanding how critical is.... is because everyone on the forum learned to snipe when the distance rendering was working.    It is incredibly hard to learn how to snipe if you just started once it broke.   That's when I started... just a week before they gave us a worthless patch.

• Like 1

But if someone is new to sniping in the DayZ game...... who starting sniping only after they broke the distance rendering.... how can they learn and know their distances?   There are so many few damn zombies that it is very difficult to learn how to zero your scope by killing zombies because there may be none in the areas where you are not sure of your range.

I think the problem with no one understanding how critical is.... is because everyone on the forum learned to snipe when the distance rendering was working.    It is incredibly hard to learn how to snipe if you just started once it broke.   That's when I started... just a week before they gave us a worthless patch.

I have been sniping since I picked up my first mosin in january, and I have honestly never used those impact points to walk my shots in to the target. I use dayzdb map to get rough range and then use the lay of the land to adjust accordingly. I also don't take more than 2, MAYBE 3 shots at any target before allowing them to vacate the area- even with a 3rd shot, your are giving way too many audible clues as to your location.

Using those puffs of dust or splatters of blood is a crutch. If you are an inexperienced sniper then by rights you have no business trying to reach out and touch someone at 500m+, and if you attempt to then you have no one to blame but yourself for missed shot after missed shot. This isn't CoD or BF4- weapon dispersion alone will cause a perfectly aimed shot to miss by a great deal.

I have killed well over 100 people with the mosin, and the vast majority of them were under 400m because the accuracy of the weapon beyond that range is spotty at best, especially in the heat of battle. My favorite sniping spots are all situated within 300-400m of the area I intend to shoot my target, because I hate wasting ammo just to scare someone. If I shoot, I intend to kill. And I am not confident with the mosin killing people at extreme range.

Learning anything in game should never be easy.

Especially something that is pretty hard in real life such as long distance shooting.

The game already makes the 2 most important aspects of that easy ( trigger pull + sight alignment) Why should range estimation and finding a dope continue to be easy.

Making the impacts less noticeable helps to increase the difficulty of sniping, that being said the markers should not completely disappear, they should just be made much smaller and harder to spot especially if it hits things such as buildings or soft dirt.

With the results from last few patches it is obvious [that] none of the DEVs (developers) check anything out before releasing their patches!

As alpha testers isn't that our job? To point out bugs and participate in the development of the game is what we agreed to when we bought it.

Just look what I've done to your quote.

As alpha testers isn't that our job? To point out bugs and participate in the development of the game is what we agreed to when we bought it.

Just look what I've done to your quote.

But when has Bohemia ever shown in interest in the bugs that their patches create?     Or an interest in the way we complain about core mechanics?  And what is Experimental for?     All the players there surely should have noticed that nothing was rendering over 100m....   and we have been complaining for weeks since stable but hardly any peep from devs about it.

Look what I've done to your quote.

But when has Bohemia ever shown in interest in the bugs that their patches create?     Or an interest in the way we complain about core mechanics?  And what is Experimental for?     All the players there surely should have noticed that nothing was rendering over 100m....   and we have been complaining for weeks since stable but hardly any peep from devs about it.

Bullet impact dust is not a core mechanic.

Items not spawning, players not being able to spawn, those would  be core mechanics.

• Like 2

Bullet impact dust is not a core mechanic.

Items not spawning, players not being able to spawn, those would  be core mechanics.

Ahhh. but Rocket assumed that it was perhaps due to the client not talking with the server side over the network.   If that's correct, that's a serious ass core component of the game to me.  If you mean controls when I say core mechanic, then I have to say, that, yes, this is not a serious issue with controls.

Look, I'm sure they know about the bugs, what with all the bitching about it.

I understand that you and many other people want these fixed immediately, but they've got to take it in steps, don't worry; they've fixed all the previous game-breaking problems before (apart from zombies, but it's not the same as fixing a texture, or making sure something spawns) so they're definitely listening. How I see it is they are fixing bugs, and at the same time creating content, this content creates new bugs, which they fix next patch when they also introduce new content. Bugs keep appearing until they finish adding content.

Experimental is for testing content and experimenting with the mechanics, core aspects etc, and finding those game-breaking problems. Once they figure it's safe, they'll move it to stable, sometimes something gets through, sometimes they release it too early, I don't know but you can put it down to public pressure. What you're looking for is something of a reply from them reassuring you that they know about it and they are doing something to combat it.

As for my quote, I have no idea what you've done to it, I was pointing out errors as if your reply was an alpha and I was to find problems in it.

it is pretty hard to judge right now if you hit someone, but normally impacts on clothed people aren't visible anyway, only through their reaction to it

but it's far from gamebreaking, and this is still an alpha, an open alpha yes, but still an alpha, and nobody needs to get angry about this, as it will be fixed someday

if you expect for an alpha to be without errors, go play gothic 2 for eight hours, come back to dayz,

and be glad this is still an alpha and not a finished product

Do you want for an employee of Bohemia interactive to post on the forum, stopping his work, and writing to you that everything is gonna be all right? would that make you happier? or would it be more usefull if he would actually work on fixing the bug?

Do you want for an employee of Bohemia interactive to post on the forum, stopping his work, and writing to you that everything is gonna be all right? would that make you happier? or would it be more usefull if he would actually work on fixing the bug?

A company as large as Bohemia will have at least one, if not several, social media officers whose job it is to work on Facebook, twitter and forums. who can write to the public and do all the PR stuff. Day Z have just made a couple of million, they can easily have someone do that. There is plenty of funding available from 2 million + sales. I am available to hire if they are looking.

Not only is that paramount importance for happy consumer communication, the game been in ALPHA is supposed to have lots of back and forth between dev and community and on-going critical feedback. we cannot do that without replies and reponses from B. I. And On their official forum would  be better than REDDIT, which apparantly all developers have time to sit chatting on. I haven't got the time to go through endless reddit posts and I must say how dissapointing these forums have been, with no official posts about the updates, 64 x time, whats going on experimental, the update log was out of date for about a month not updated, no notes to when the new stuff is been released.,no response about experimental servers been down, no responses to many questions.

COME ON DAY Z TEAM

• Like 1

A company as large as Bohemia will have at least one, if not several, social media officers whose job it is to work on Facebook, twitter and forums. who can write to the public and do all the PR stuff. Day Z have just made a couple of million, they can easily have someone do that. There is plenty of funding available from 2 million + sales. I am available to hire if they are looking.

Not only is that paramount importance for happy consumer communication, the game been in ALPHA is supposed to have lots of back and forth between dev and community and on-going critical feedback. we cannot do that without replies and reponses from B. I. And On their official forum would  be better than REDDIT, which apparantly all developers have time to sit chatting on. I haven't got the time to go through endless reddit posts and I must say how dissapointing these forums have been, with no official posts about the updates, 64 x time, whats going on experimental, the update log was out of date for about a month not updated, no notes to when the new stuff is been released.,no response about experimental servers been down, no responses to many questions.

COME ON DAY Z TEAM

They use reddit a lot because there they can rely on their utterly biased fangirls security team to downvote everything that resembles negative feedback. Go check the top threads, these make the game look flawless. This forum looks like a ghost town when you compare it with dayz subreddit

• Like 1