Jabes

Is this admin abuse?

A couple friends and I have been doing some recon on a couple servers that are run by one clan (they killed one of our friends), and we finally made our move. Last night we found their ural parked, waited for it to drive away, shot the driver out, got in and started driving it when we get "No message recieved..." We think wtf! We've been watching them move in and out of town for 45 minutes waiting for our moment to strike! We hop back to one of their other servers where we have a car and some tents with a pretty nice pile of gear and decide to get retribution on them for pulling the plug on the first server. My sniper friend and I manage to take out 3 or 4 of them at their tent city, and steal away with some gear and drop it off at our camp site. I logged in earlier and everything was fine, looted some choppers and came back to camp when "No message recieved..." pops up. When the server came back online, all of our tents and vehicles had disappeared and all of our hard work over the past week was destroyed. I had no idea admins were able to basically 'erase' the server that way, and they didn't even post a message in chat about the server resetting beforehand. Very frustrating. I know that restarting a server in order to save your stuff is considered admin abuse and grounds for blacklisting, but I don't know about wiping a server clean. :/

Unfortunately this is the only screenshot I managed to nab when we stole their Ural: Sb9L0.jpg

Wasnt a server wipe. The admins do not have that power. Its a bug. Sometimes when server restarts vehicles and tents are gone, but on the next restart ( or if Admin is paying attention) they will reappear. Most admins will do back to back restarts if they notice their tents are missing too :)

One of our friends went on their teamspeak and they responded with something like "we wiped it because we were attacked by hackers..." or something along those lines.

Check the bug forum, it seems to happen a lot. The game is in a pretty bad state right now as far as hacking and exploits, but it's an alpha, so hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out. My biggest concern is that a lot of this stuff may be impossible to really prevent without big changes to ARMA 2 itself, which is most likely out of Rocket's hands.

Dayz Zombie Rpg - EU25. It was hosted by Vilayer.com and CQF. The other servers were US 20 and 21 hosted by the same. Didn't manage to get a screen of the player I killed in the Ural right before they restarted the server.

If the admins are pulling the server down because you steal their vehicles and equipment then yes this is an unacceptable abuse of admin powers.

We (the admins for UK8) have lost pretty much everything to theives on our server (2 choppers and a whole fleet of vehicles), yeah it sucks but you have to take it on the chin.

I'd report them.

Well they pay for it, they can do what they bloody hell like with it, go get our own server and stop complaining

Looks like abuse report them.

you know there was a general tent wipeout with the new patch right?

you know there was a general tent wipeout with the new patch right?

You know that was around a week ago, lrn2 count.

Well they pay for it' date=' they can do what they bloody hell like with it, go get our own server and stop complaining

[/quote']

No. They can't. Read the hosting rules and guidelines.

Well they pay for it' date=' they can do what they bloody hell like with it, go get our own server and stop complaining

[/quote']

Admins have a strict set of rules to follow in order to keep hosting a DayZ server.

Behaviour such as this can get them blacklisted from HIVE.

They might pay for the server, but that does not give them the right to do what they like.

All they are doing is renting the DayZ files, that's it, all rules set by Rocket are to be adhered to - no matter how much they dislike it.

Restarting servers because you got your items stolen is abuse and will get you blacklisted.

I would report them, but right now our gear is on their server and we're having fun killing them (killed 12 total in 2 days lol). I also don't really have any evidence, unless someone can look up the server logs or something.