Sign in to follow this  
Yarrx

What do I do?

Someone fired at me from a distance, a bullet hit my leg. It got broken but I was still able to run away. 

Then I found some sticks and some rags and fixed my leg. But my screen is still greyish, seems like my player is still dizzy... what do I do to get it better?

Food and drink

Food and drink

This. drink till you have a light green energized and a dark or light green hydrated. This is caused by loss of blood. which as I understand is what you loose before you start loosing health. Don't quote me on that though, I just know how to fix the problems, not exactly what causes them. (Some medic I am eh? heh)

As Nex said eat and drink as much as you can, try and get to 'hydrated' or 'healthy' and your health will slowly come back and your screen shouldn't be grey. You just lost blood, if you loose quite a bit your screen will go greyish as you said.

edit: bodybagger beat me to it.

Edited by Brim1944

People just posted in the same 3 seconds after I clicked the quote button.

FML.

Anyways, yeah, they're right.

Edited by Dr.Burd

Alright thanks :D

Edit: I've done all that you said, I'm both Hydrated and Energized, but, do both of them have to be light green?

Edited by Yarrx

Get food to bright green first followed by drink and then you should get a healing status. Keep eating till you are stuffed or you get the healthy status.

It is a little bit glitched at the moment but only sometimes. It won't display healthy status in your inventory and then you get hit by a zom and a minute later it appears.

Check Merino's videos here for an indepth explanation of the health system:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-feb-11th-updated-to-034115106-new-status-indicators-rebalancing-of-hunger-thirst-stomach-blood-and-health-reg/

Basically the black and white is blood loss, the blurriness is health loss. Health can only be healed after having full blood. Energized and hydrated slowly refill blood, but health is only refilled if you have bright green energized and at least dark green hydrated.

Rice is good for getting energized if you aren't already full, but it takes away some water from you as we'll. your best bet is to eat some rice until you're energized and then drink from a water pump until your stomach is full. Cans, and fruit are good for a little bit of water and energy, you only have to watch out for rotten food and make sure dry food doesn't make you thirsty.

Check Merino's videos here for an indepth explanation of the health system:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-feb-11th-updated-to-034115106-new-status-indicators-rebalancing-of-hunger-thirst-stomach-blood-and-health-reg/

Basically the black and white is blood loss, the blurriness is health loss. Health can only be healed after having full blood. Energized and hydrated slowly refill blood, but health is only refilled if you have bright green energized and at least dark green hydrated.

Rice is good for getting energized if you aren't already full, but it takes away some water from you as we'll. your best bet is to eat some rice until you're energized and then drink from a water pump until your stomach is full. Cans, and fruit are good for a little bit of water and energy, you only have to watch out for rotten food and make sure dry food doesn't make you thirsty.

Long trips into the forests are best accompanied with up to 2 canteens (I keep 3 in case I find a patient who needs it) and a protector case with 3 bags of rice, or cereal and rice or a protector case stuffed full of peaches. I find peaches and beans to be the best for hydration and energy without LOOSING hydration but you can get hard numbers from other places. I'm sure someone has it memorized on the forums.

Aight, got them all light green, but I'm soaked too now, I don't see any Healthy boon. Does it matter if I'm soaked or not?

Someone fired at me from a distance, a bullet hit my leg. It got broken but I was still able to run away. 

Then I found some sticks and some rags and fixed my leg. But my screen is still greyish, seems like my player is still dizzy... what do I do to get it better?

As everyone else has said already.

However I will add that sometimes your screen can stay blurry or black and white even if you're fine. When that happens open up the options menu and click on "video" this resets what you see essentially so if it's not supposed to be black and white it will fix.

Being soaked doesn't do anything right now don't worry about it, it goes away if you switch servers.

You'll need a campfire to fix it, probably after the next update.

Yeah it's all good now thanks, I'm all healed.

I have another question. How can I cook rice?