Sign in to follow this  
Kultho

Interface

Hi everyone, is there any way to get the old dayz interface back?I don't really like the cartoonish feel of this one.

• Like 1

Sadly the only way is to play on a server that is not updated to the current update, we all have gone through the "I HATE THIS F******* GUI SCHEME" phase, just work around it, or make your own server that is a previous version.

We cant change it back without losing the the carry slot.

I have never understood the massive hate for that GUI. It's simple and not like it's changing any gameplayaspects and harrassing you constantly with its looks.

I like the current one. I used the other in epoch. what is the carry slot for?

Edited by escobert

I play on servers using the 1.7.1 (I think, not played for about 2 months as pc broken and this laptop can't take dayz).  I too dislike the cartoon-like graphics especially for the health status levels and backpack.  I love the simplicity and ease of use of the 1.7.   (However, when I last played the latest version was pretty damn good despite the graphics.  I found it far less glitchy and the zombies were challenging without being unbareable, and you could survive without starving/dehydrating to death because they'd tweeked the food spawns etc.)

Probably no more than a couple of servers running 1.7 patch but maybe do a search? :thumbsup:

I got used to the icons and they don't really bother me much.

In my opinion, less icons, the better.. Just have visual/audio indicators instead only if it were possible. (I.E; stomach grumbling when hungry, shivering when cold, *thirst would be hard to do)