robollama

Night is just TOO dark...

Everyone cranks up their gamma/brightness to get around it, those who can only play at night time complain about it, etc. etc. Why not just lighten it up so that it's still dark but isn't to the point where you can't see anything at all?

I love when you cant see anything at all.

If forces people to use flashlight / flares / chemlights etc...

Im with Shot(by)GUN on this one. Leave it alone, its about survival in a semi-real world. When there is no moon and over cast, of course its going to be dark as. I like nights like that cause you have to learn how to use the chem-lights and flares correctly. In till I started coming across more servers that had this of late, I didnt even carry any thing to light this up. There was no point. Making pretty much all that stuff pointless except for marking locations or helping a team mate locate you.

Disagree OP

Everyone cranks up their gamma/brightness to get around it' date=' those who can only play at night time complain about it, etc. etc.

[/quote']

Not everyone. I, for one, do not.

More often than not I can only play at night time, and I love it. The barely there moonlight with the creaking and groaning noises make for an amazing experience.

And if you need to see at night there are tools in the game to help you see.

Please do not change night, it is so beautifully horrifying. You have to use flares, chemlights and flashlights which give your position away like madness. If you ever find NVGs they are a god-send! Lightning strikes can save your life from the zombie two feet away! Please keep it dark!

Yeah, the nights right now really force a nighttime type of play instead of gamma tricks. Even with gamma tricks, you still have advantages over others. I personally find myself having to use flares more, avoiding zombie vs target in pitchblack.

Disagree OP

Everyone cranks up their gamma/brightness to get around it' date=' those who can only play at night time complain about it, etc. etc.

[/quote']

Not everyone. I, for one, do not.

More often than not I can only play at night time, and I love it. The barely there moonlight with the creaking and groaning noises make for an amazing experience.

And if you need to see at night there are tools in the game to help you see.

People like you are the easiest targets for those of us who crank up gamma. I can snipe you from a mile away and you wouldn't even know i was out there.

Actually, the gamma/brightness thing becomes obsolete when its DARKER. With the moon out/twilight, gamma increases visibility hugely.

Try it in the pitch-black. Back to a level playing field.

I think night time can be a lot of fun as well, but let's also consider the fact this is a video game and the ARMA engine was designed this way in that they knew the player would be using NVG during night time experiences. Obviously there is a very rare chance of those being found in this mod.

I think the main issue is that people playing during the day have a COMPLETELY different experience - which some may prefer more. It sucks that if you work late into the evening you can't experience the game in a way you may prefer..

IMO I think it would be cool to have the amount of light at nighttime to coincide with the moon cycle. In A-stan when it was a full moon out you didn't need your flashlights to get around. When it was a new moon though, you couldn't see your hand in front of your face and if it was overcast as well even NVG's were having a hard time letting you see.

People like you are the easiest targets for those of us who crank up gamma. I can snipe you from a mile away and you wouldn't even know i was out there.

Cool Story, and yet I've only died to a Bandit once, and it wasn't a sniper.

Funny that.

I love when you cant see anything at all.

If forces people to use flashlight / flares / chemlights etc...

yeah that's the idea, but most people get around that by fiddling with their gamma settings

I think night time can be a lot of fun as well' date=' but let's also consider the fact this is a video game and the ARMA engine was designed this way in that they knew the player would be using NVG during night time experiences. Obviously there is a very rare chance of those being found in this mod.

I think the main issue is that people playing during the day have a COMPLETELY different experience - which some may prefer more. It sucks that if you work late into the evening you can't experience the game in a way you may prefer..

[/quote']

This x2. There is no reason for it to be absolutely SO freaking dark. I'm not saying make it the same as daytime. All I'm asking is to make it light enough so you can at least freaking FIND flares/chemlights to use in the darkness. Having it pitch black just takes away from the experience imo