zolomus

So last night I was on a low population server, running around the NWAF. You know the really big one with little to no cover at all. As im running around picking up a few rounds for my mossin and a few odd things along the way north I hear some shots being fired from the southern most part of the airstrip, maybe around the barracks, and they seem to be shooting at me but never hitting his target. So I head up the steps of the "Jail" building and peek out the windows, and wait to see if anyone makes a move. Nothing. So about 10 mins later I see no sign of him or anyone else (I think maybe he wasn't shooting at me) and I gather up enough courage and head back to the firestation to check out its gear and supplies, and to no avail not really much of anything. At this point I was getting kinda tired so I decided to run into the corner where the pistol spawn is a log out for the night. Now the funny part is when I wake up this morning and log into Dayz I find my charcter has a broken leg. How did this happen? When I was getting shot at there was no notice of me getting shot, no screen flash, nothing of that sort. Could the sniper have shot me when I logged off, if your character stays in the postion you leave him at for a few moments after you leave the game? Or what I think happened was a bug perhaps.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to post here.

( Sorry for my grammer & usage )

Could be a multitude of things.  One of the big things I have noticed is when you log out, your character remains for 5-10 seconds, and can still take damage.  So maybe a zombie hit you and broke it, or maybe someone shot you after you had already logged.

Could be a multitude of things.  One of the big things I have noticed is when you log out, your character remains for 5-10 seconds, and can still take damage.  So maybe a zombie hit you and broke it, or maybe someone shot you after you had already logged.

You stay in for 30 seconds after logging out.

• Like 1

I didn't know you stayed in for that long. Thanks for the info.

You stay in for 30 seconds after logging out.

Thanks for the info. I guess thats to prevent combat logging.  Sees a bit long though IMO.