mithrawndo

Why do some players do everything possible to avoid interaction?

LimeMobber: Clarify for me, if you will - What exactly are your choices when three guns are pointed at the only exit of a building, and those guns are all out of your line of sight?

I have a ton of choices depending on who I am.

1. I can log out and find a server where I am not being hounded by wannabe commandos using teamspeak.

2. I can wait you out litterally until I run out of food, the server reboots, you leave, or you try to breach.

3. I walk out to be your plaything and hope you dont poison me or break my legs and let me suffer for who knows how long until I finally die and respawn.

4. I sit waiting and teamspeak with my buddies who murder you and your buddies from behind.

5. I can sprint out at top speed and hope my totally random act catches you three off guard so you miss.

Shall I continue?

Now you can say choice #1 is cheap and cheating and breaks suspension of belief. But the fact that you are pinning me in a house with multiple windows by blocking the only door the game allows one to use just as much breaks suspension of belief. The best option, the one I would pick in real life would be to quietly climb my ass into the attic, close it behind me and go to sleep. By the time I woke up you would have long since gotten bored and left.  ;-)

This has always tickled me.

To take the example of the United States, the Miranda warning wouldn't cover this particular situation: Since 2010 the supreme court has ruled that the detainee must confirm they they are invoking their right to remain silent. In the United Kingdom you can actually be detained indefinitely if you do not identify yourself - countermanding your right to remain silent. Interesting trivia points, though obviously not strictly relevant to the topic at hand.

Absolutely, the player had the right to remain silent in this situation if they so desired. However knowing this only makes their decision yet more irrational.

First off a simple nod can affirm that, unless you want to say that the Supreme Court has decided that MUTE people cannot invoke the right to remain silent.

Second off the example of the UK means nothing. In the UK you are a subject, in the USA you are a citizen. There are actual differences in meaning to those two words.

I have a ton of choices depending on who I am.

1. I can log out and find a server where I am not being hounded by wannabe commandos using teamspeak.

2. I can wait you out litterally until I run out of food, the server reboots, you leave, or you try to breach.

3. I walk out to be your plaything and hope you dont poison me or break my legs and let me suffer for who knows how long until I finally die and respawn.

4. I sit waiting and teamspeak with my buddies who murder you and your buddies from behind.

5. I can sprint out at top speed and hope my totally random act catches you three off guard so you miss.

Shall I continue?

Now you can say choice #1 is cheap and cheating and breaks suspension of belief. But the fact that you are pinning me in a house with multiple windows by blocking the only door the game allows one to use just as much breaks suspension of belief. The best option, the one I would pick in real life would be to quietly climb my ass into the attic, close it behind me and go to sleep. By the time I woke up you would have long since gotten bored and left.  ;-)

God I hate it so much that people like you will ask your buddies who are not on the same server to ghost in on me or my friends from behind because we happen to have the upper hand.   You are breaking the immersion of the game and ruin  the whole point and experience of the game.   (That anything can happen in this sandbox).  For all the people on here who complained their asses off about  server hoppers.......... if you don't hate guys who ghost in on people that legitimately cornered their friend on a completely differerent server......   than why the hell complain about server hoppers at all.   Get rid of the fucking spawn timer if everyone thinks its OK to have friends ghost in for you because you don't want to face your reality.      

God I hate it so much that people like you will ask your buddies who are not on the same server to ghost in on me or my friends from behind because we happen to have the upper hand. You are breaking the immersion of the game and ruin the whole point and experience of the game. (That anything can happen in this sandbox). For all the people on here who complained their asses off about server hoppers.......... if you don't hate guys who ghost in on people that legitimately cornered their friend on a completely differerent server...... than why the hell complain about server hoppers at all. Get rid of the fucking spawn timer if everyone thinks its OK to have friends ghost in for you because you don't want to face your reality.

When did he say they weren't on the same server? His buddies could've been on their way to him already.

So, if I'm the guy in the barracks I see it as this.. Three bullies (if there actually is 3 and the one isn't lying about the other two) corner me in a barracks and start demanding I do as they say or else.  Hmmm, screw you.  I'm not giving you the pleasure of talking to you.  Your bandits, pansies that need to attack me 3 on 1, not worth my time or energy.  You will get nothing from me because the first thing I'm thinking is "sure you have a sniper on the hill" I'm never heard THAT before.  Second thing I'm thinking is if you do have one I can't win so I'll simply ignore you and not give you any fun in your banditry.  You have made it hostile threatening me and coming at me 3 on 1, your punks who only attack in a group so I have zero chance of this ending well so why even acknowledge you?

To answer your question, why do some players do everything possible to avoid interaction? It's really simple honestly and I don't know why it's so puzzling to people.  The interaction in this game is only one way, at least to start.  Do as I say or else.  You have forced me to play the game as you want and that's not happening.  Most people aren't going to just roll over for that and do as you demand.  I don't know your intentions and given you have demanded me to do something, I'm always going to treat that as hostile, because it IS hostile.  Even if your end goal is giving me stuff you have stopped me from doing what I want and made demands of me.  At that point I'd rather lose my character then talk to you I wouldn't ever meet hostile with nice because it doesn't deserve it.

I have ran into quite a few players in this game and never once have I asked one of them to drop their weapon, sure I get shot/shot at lots but I also end up just talking to people and moving on lots also.  You don't HAVE to tell someone to drop/put the weapon away, you don't have to be threatening unless your a bandit or paranoid.  3 on 1 and you still acted like a tough guy and you wonder why someone would ignore you?  Really?

Edit.

he didn't respawn on a new server with low blood, if you log out with handcuffs on you die unless this was changed in the last patch.

Edited by StoutAle

God I hate it so much that people like you will ask your buddies who are not on the same server to ghost in on me or my friends from behind because we happen to have the upper hand.   You are breaking the immersion of the game and ruin  the whole point and experience of the game.   (That anything can happen in this sandbox).  For all the people on here who complained their asses off about  server hoppers.......... if you don't hate guys who ghost in on people that legitimately cornered their friend on a completely differerent server......   than why the hell complain about server hoppers at all.   Get rid of the fucking spawn timer if everyone thinks its OK to have friends ghost in for you because you don't want to face your reality.      

My question on this is do you use third party chat to play if your in a group?  If so you are breaking the immersion also.  The OP was talking to his sniper in 3rd party chat 500 meters away, in all honestly if we are playing this like real the sniper wouldn't have been warned the guy was running out of the barracks.  Most people that talk about immersion only look at it from one side.