chefwillis

Deadly Inanimate Objects

Multiple inanimate objects have killed me.

One includes a door frame that I was trying to get through on the NW Airfield while prone but instead of going through the door I instead prone walk in place because crawling doesn't let you through a lot of doors. I know from experience that if you wiggle your character around you can get through this stupid bug. But this time I walk through the wall somehow and it instakills me. Dead.

Two I was driving a car back to camp and I get it there no probs. I park next to an evergreen to keep it relatively hidden I exit the car look at it and try to save it. I am forced to run all around the car just to find the save prompt like every time I try saving anything. I finally get the prompt and click but I instead enter the car. I get out but instead of getting out on the proper side I get out directly in between the car and the tree. I'm pinned. So I try running in all directions to out from in between it and I succeed only to realize that a branch knocks me out, breaks my legs, puts me in shock, and bleeds me all at once. Thanks DayZ there goes my car I drove across the country with. No saving for me.

Three. Deadly doors. Stand to close to the doors path and whack- dead.

Please make it so no ever inanimate object is a dead zone. Instead of compensation for poor clipping, just improve the clipping.

:@

not sure about the first two but the third getting killed by swinging door is not Dayz its Arma 2. This happened to me when i was playing Arma before Dayz was even released

• Like 1

Happened to me as well. I also used V to step up into a building that was not placed right on the map. Insta death after 2 hours of travel. -.-

Here too, finally found what I needed. Went trough the doorway, and shock, broken bone, and bleeding was what I got....

Unfortunately it seems as though these are all Arma's engine problems. Only thing you can really do is do the best to avoid them.

Whenever opening doors stay a good distance away from the swing to prevent yourself from being squished.

Do not prone into small doorways as there might be a chance the difference between elevation (the front step) can break your legs and/or kill you

Avoid getting out from the car whenever you are close to any objects that are big enough for you to glitch into after getting out.

Yep, all Arma2 engine problems. Sometimes they suck, sometimes you watch some poor SOB get nailed by a door and die.

Funnier than you might think.