Sign in to follow this  
JKS-Alex

melee weapon slot change

I've read somewhere few weeks ago that in endgame we will have a sort of backpack upgrade to bring a secondary "mainweapon" with us, i can't remember if was something confirmed from dev or not but i was thinking that after last patch items like fireaxe and similar big melee wapons are became pretty usless cause of the needing to aim for the head. In my group we're all now using knives or bayonets so IMO now the "fireaxe slot" it's a waste of useful space.

why don't let now players use that slot to carry a secondary rifle? Personally i would like to bring a crossbow for fast and silent kills but in the future some players may will bring a close combat weapon like a shotgun. IMO actually carry something you never use with you just because there's only one kind of items you can place in that slot is pretty stupid and unrealistic. When the woodcutting and closed doors will be added players will chose if they need something more versatile like axe or crowbars or a most military oriented setup. Remember also that actually there are lot of players that carry anyway two rifles and the only disvantage is the muddled and boring mechanics to swap items when you need to do something or to grab the other weapon. Furthermore the actual sistem is just a great disvantage for people who play alone (that are already easy prey) cause they can't assign someone to zeds hand to hand kills, like grups of players usually do, when some are carring more weapons and can't swap to melee.

Edited by JKS-Alex
  • Like 2

I actually like this idea, Really nice this is. Be great to be able to have a bow as well as a rifle.
Fortunately (or unfortunately, whichever you prefer) it's a bug that's making the whole 'Melee kills need to be a headshot' thing.
I do think they're working on balancing out the melee regardless so this idea is still a could be thing. 
We shall see c:

(I remember you had the ability to do this exactly in the most recent update for the mod, which I absolutely loved.)

• Like 1

Fortunatly the aim for the head is not a bug: ;)

From the last patch notes:

- Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

And i hope they will stay as they are as resistence and melee mechanics :)

Edited by JKS-Alex

Fortunatly the aim for the head is not a bug: ;)

From the last patch notes:

- Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)

And i hope they will stay as they are as resistence and melee mechanics :)

It is a bug, It's listed as a " Known Issue " And was fixed on EXP before they went down.

Also, If we're able to carry 2 rifle, It'll be like the DMR and M4 combo all over again.

It's in the "Ongoing issues" section at the top of the Update post, friend.

But I will admit to it being a lot nicer than being able to just one shot a zed and get on with it. 
I've definitely been more on my toes so to speak. Especially at night.

Edited by DannytheScoot

It is a bug, It's listed as a " Known Issue " And was fixed on EXP before they went down.

Also, If we're able to carry 2 rifle, It'll be like the DMR and M4 combo all over again.

So zeds in EXP are became again that patetic weak shit that where until few days ago? That's crap :(

We need immediatly a pool to save Zeds behaviour!!

M4 sucks but you can carry everything you wish ;)

Edited by JKS-Alex