Sign in to follow this  
Loopest

GPS & Nightvision Feature Wishlist

My answer to you is: learn to play at night.

I don't know about those 90% people. IMO playing during the night its the shit. Not knowing if there is a guy camping near that barrack and he will shoot you as soon as you turn on your lantern, running through the dark and have zombies chase you all the way to Stary Sobor. That's fun for me. I don't want the SA to turn out like the mod did, where you got them CoD snipers on the hill in elektro 24/7 with NVGs and DMR's shooting everything that moves. Night time should be a terrifying experience, the infected should be more active and more aware.

Okay. Make it so i dont get caught in fences that cant be seen at night because lighting in the engine blows. easily solution is to just not make the NVGs work with scopes like in most weapon in the mod. but if the NVGs to help me avoid getting stuck on objects in the dark when running from zed or spotting people as i move theres no value for me to go to NWAF or so other hi risk area looking for them. they become 100% dispensible to me if i can onyl use it to scan the fields before moving.

edit: numbers are just a rough guestimate, but it is very clear when you see almost all servers at night with extremely low player counts and 24/7 daytime servers stay full. THE PLAYERS PREFER DAY. simple as. It's not about realism, it's not about learning to play. when more then HALF ealily more then freaking HALF of players will go out of thier way to avoid playing at night it must stay that server owners can opt to not have day/night cycle. if you want to be a uber hardcore RPer go play a 24hr cycle server with your mates. the majority of players should not be forced into playing at night so the small minority who like irt get more entertainment at those people's expense.

Edited by Sovetsky

I'm not sure about the point where you are in map, because it's not actually realistic. With out any problems I can easily find out where I am just by spotting the village or the town where I am. It would be more interesting to navigate the terrain without such a deceptive addition.

This is a great model of what the NVGs should look like. NVGs should take up the helmet, mask, and glasses spot.

Night-Owl-Night-Vision-Tactical-Goggles-

If NVGs are already in the game files, then it looks like it's too late to say you don't like them.

He can still say he doesn't like them, that's like saying because dayz have infected that can walk through walls (for now) already you can't say you don't like them.

This is a great model of what the NVGs should look like. NVGs should take up the helmet, mask, and glasses spot.

Nice but if the creator of this post wants them only to be available in the NW airfield which, lets be honest is a bit daft considering the amount of military bases on the map, then they should be military types only. Those ones are a gen 2 perhaps gen 2+ civilian model. They're ok but aren't a patch on Gen 4 mili ones.

es602-282f2cb.jpg

Now that is an excellent piece of kit which I had many years of joyfully using and believe me with that little baby night becomes day :D

You can wear the NVGs in the game's files with helmets, so...

• Like 1

I dont care what anyone thinks about this but I hope we will see a NV scope for a SVD rifle. :D