Sign in to follow this  
ZombieX

Adults Looking For Others (Females Included), & Mod Feedback

What's up, all!

I only just started playing Day Z two days ago, and personally feel that, certain bugs and needed tweaks aside, it's #$*!ing fantastic!

So, firstly, I'd like to say I like and respect what I've seen of the community around here for the most part, and have great respect for the mod and the man behind it... hope he continues to make it all it can be!

I'm/we're looking for other trustworthy, mature (but rowdy is fine) people to group-up with, or to join my own little "clan" I have for other games, and I've one other person with me, though her schedule is a little different.

Yes, "her", so be $#&!ing respectful, hear me!? ;)

Seriously... if you're a punk or don't know how to have tact (no racism, sexism etc) even if being rowdy (we don't care about foul language), then you're not who we're looking for.

If there are other females in the community, you're free to join us.

I'm 37, life-long gamer, (she is 33, experienced in FPS), I'm very experienced in tactical FPS (though I game for fun; no more competition) based in Arizona, US (-7), actually have my own Vent server if we want to use it.

We stand by "our own" and are about teamwork and enjoying ourselves, working together to make it more enjoyable.

Anyone who's new and/or looking for other mature but fun people to play with regularly, drop me a line! I'll give you my name, we'll set something up, and hopefully get something going.

We'd like to try to get far enough to build-up our own little "keep" somewhere, vehicles, defend it, but rebuild if we have to at any point.

We play on Normal servers, nothing "hardcore"... mod is already hardcore enough. ;)

We've been playing on TX servers thus far; great servers, but will switch to what ever works, or vice-versa.

Absolutely the exact type of game I've been waiting for that's done right, being truly survival horror, excellent atmosphere, love the mechanics and has run perfectly thus far.

The only problems I've had thus far are things that have already been mentioned elsewhere... backpacks disappearing if you swim, night is extremely dark (though I like playing at night as well), occasionally the detection radius of zombies seems a little large, though it's not always a problem if you're careful... but it's still been a $@*!ing blast to play!

I/we absolutely LOVE this style of game (i.e. survival horror) which this Alpha already does better than most other games in the style of supposed "survival horror", IMO.

Just wish you could actually barricade doors etc. Who knows, maybe that will be added some time down the line... some welding, or boarding up doors etc. That would flesh it out and make it virtually perfect.

Haven't run into any player bandits yet, and still learning a few things I've not yet had the chance to do (vehicles, barricades), but I've got it down for the most part already.

Keep up the excellent work! I see myself spending a lot of time in Day Z, as long as things continue to run smooth and the community continues to grow and get even better.

My brother and I would love some company. We play in the evenings (after kids are asleep) 8:20ish MST. We are around your age and know that trustworthiness and maturity are up to the par for 30 somethings and our professions (HR and Fire Fighter). We play TX, US, Seattle, or what ever is the best ping. I have a couple of murders to my name =(. I gave fair warning to them...in direct chat and voice communication to express their motives. I suppose that is what happens when you play at night...in the dark! Add me on steam (Sgt. Saunders) or PM me here.

I'd like to try to hook up as well (does that sound dirty?).

I'm a 38 year old hubby and dad, and life generally doesn't allow me to play until around 8:30pm or later, once kids are asleep. I'm in BC, Canada, so in the pacific time zone, which may cause some issues, I dunno... depends on what time of day you guys play.

Been playing the mod for many weeks off and on, and enjoy it, but have spent 99% of my time playing solo, not having any friends who play it, and never managing to successfully team up in-game. Would definitely like to give some group play (again, not intended to be dirty) with some mature, fun, folk a try. I also appreciate that you play on normal servers, and aren't all hard about hardcore gameplay.=)

My Steam name is "keldorr", my in-game name is "Mothman".

hey there i would be up for grouping up with everyone. been doing alot of solo latly last group i had doesnt seem to play much anymore.Im 26 yrs old and been playing this game about a month so i know a thing or two :P. i play on the seattle/tx server mostly so should be a good fit.my steam is- rhino480 add me and we can team up and not just survive but THRIVE :P

edit- i have vent and a mic aswell

Add me on Steam

FedEx Ninja

I have a website/forums that are still a WIP, ethumb.net, as well as a semi-private TS3 server. I'd like to get a little clan together for DayZ, ArmA II, Planetside 2, GRO, etc. I work 60+ hours during the week, and usually play Sat. & Sun. nights from approx. 10 PM CST to 2 am CST, after the wife and baby are settled and in bed.

Oh well, if you're looking for a not-so hardcorde server you should totally check out the link on my signature. :D

Definitely glad to see some responses already, and from mature people looking for the same things.

Just a reminder:

Certainly, I/we can be "rowdy", but we reserve that for the right crowd. We're VERY big on respect and maturity, though we want to be with people who want to have fun and enjoy the experiences in-game, and would never insult anyone intentionally... unless they were asking for it. ;)

I'm not expecting or requiring that anyone use mics either, if they're not comfortable, or cant because the kids are asleep. I know what that's like... real life responsibilities... so group chat is fine in-game... except when running from zombies, in which case typing is out of the question, haha.

Teamwork and being sociable with mature people is what I'm/we're looking for, though if you "bust chops" a bit and just have fun, that's perfectly fine. I'm Sicilian Italian originally from the East Coast, I grew up in the city in a real "old world" family, so I know both being respectful, trustworthy and having a mouth that would make Lucifer himself blush. ;)

I do have my own little "clan" these days, of sorts, and have a site w/ forums etc., make high-quality vids of just insane, fun gameplay etc., but I'm not promoting it, just mentioning it, in case anyone really wants to start a community.

My brother and I would love some company. We play in the evenings (after kids are asleep) 8:20ish MST. We are around your age and know that trustworthiness and maturity are up to the par for 30 somethings and our professions (HR and Fire Fighter). We play TX' date=' US, Seattle, or what ever is the best ping. I have a couple of murders to my name =(. I gave fair warning to them...in direct chat and voice communication to express their motives. I suppose that is what happens when you play at night...in the dark! Add me on steam (Sgt. Saunders) or PM me here.

[/quote']

Well, that's understandable if you were forced into a situation where you had to whack someone, heh. I'm assuming they were either threatening or harassing you in some manner, especially at night in the pitch black, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, though I'm trying not to kill anyone else.

Sure thing, I'll add you on Steam, though I don't launch the game through Steam. I launch through SixLauncher. I could keep Steam open in the background however, if need be.

Firefighter... much respect, my friend. Definitely seem like the type of person we'd like to get together with.

Just have to work out what server(s) we're playing on.

Might want to pick one that's best for all, simply due to the fact that things such as cars are server-specific. Though I suppose we could attempt to rebuild more vehicles if we wanted/needed. Good way to get around quick and, hopefully, less chance of getting whacked when traveling. ;)

I'd like to try to hook up as well (does that sound dirty?).

I'm a 38 year old hubby and dad' date=' and life generally doesn't allow me to play until around 8:30pm or later, once kids are asleep. I'm in BC, Canada, so in the pacific time zone, which may cause some issues, I dunno... depends on what time of day you guys play.

Been playing the mod for many weeks off and on, and enjoy it, but have spent 99% of my time playing solo, not having any friends who play it, and never managing to successfully team up in-game. Would definitely like to give some group play (again, not intended to be dirty) with some mature, fun, folk a try. I also appreciate that you play on normal servers, and aren't all hard about hardcore gameplay.=)

My Steam name is "keldorr", my in-game name is "Mothman".

[/quote']

Yeah, absolutely... definitely sounds like you're of "the same mind" so that's great, just what we're looking for... totally understand your situation. It's rough going long wolf and certainly a lot more fun, with more chance to survive of course, when with other trustworthy people.

Nah, definitely not all hardcore about gaming. It's one thing to be organized etc. to survive and when it makes the game more enjoyable, and another to be too serious about it and basically running a bootcamp, haha.

Well, you're roughly 3hrs head of where I/we are right now, but that's not really a problem.

I play at all hours of the day, actually (I now work from home), but we play together various nights starting around maybe 7pm or so when my wife can get in-game.

As I said above, I don't launch via Steam (no need when using SixLauncher) but I will certain add you and can keep Steam open if needed.

I've not figured out how to actually form a Group in-game, but there's that as well, in-game chat (which I'd rather have off) and my Vent server.

Haha! "Group play" and gettin' dirty, eh? No problems here... ;)

Maybe you, Sgt. Saunders, myself and anyone else, could all work out the server(s) we want to play on, or play seperately, though it would be great to get a small group together at one time when we can.

@FedEx Ninja & rhino480

Definitely, I also want to try to thrive in the world, not just survive...

...and also looking for those into Planetside 2, Loadout, Borderlands 2, even Guild Wars 2 etc. so open to meeting people for other games as well.

I'll add you both and PM you quickly as well.

Wow, great responses... hope it all comes together!

hey there i would be up for grouping up with everyone. been doing alot of solo latly last group i had doesnt seem to play much anymore.Im 26 yrs old and been playing this game about a month so i know a thing or two :P. i play on the seattle/tx server mostly so should be a good fit.my steam is- rhino480 add me and we can team up and not just survive but THRIVE :P

edit- i have vent and a mic aswell

Yeah, see my edit above...

That's definitely the "goal" of what I'm/we're looking for... to thrive, not just survive.

If we get a good group of people together, that should be possible, and at least a blast trying. ;)

Yeah, as I've mentioned, I do have my own private Vent server that everyone who wants to join us can use.

I don't want a group of 50 people, just a few mature, dedicated and fun people with the same goals of thriving in the world and having a blast trying!

i would love to have some people to play along with :) count me in im a 20 year old photographer from ireland the hours would be slightly weird to play but it would be nice to have people to watch my back and of course i would watch your backs :)

I have been interested in getting into a group to roam around in DayZ. I am on east coast time, and play only a few hours a night, but would be willing to run with you guys. I've played around a week solo, and have a handle on most of the game mechanics.

If you need another, PM me here. Thanks!

Well, this certainly looks like a perfect fit for myself. I've owned the game for only a week or two, and have only experience in looting/shooting so far. I live on East Coast USA, and am looking for a mature group looking to improve tactics within Day Z, but also have fun on the way. I am 20 years old and I do have a mic, willing to use Ventrilo.

Hit me up on steam, Domocus3, or the forums if you want more information!

We play on Normal servers' date=' nothing "hardcore"... mod is already hardcore enough. ;)

[/quote']

The only difference between server settings is some of the interface options. The zombies are the same on any server. Playing on a normal server puts you at a pretty big disadvantage if you're not a bandit (and is pretty lame and cheap if you are) because the crosshairs tell you when you mouse over a target, even if they're hidden from view. That lets bandits spot you and snipe you more easily. It even tells them the range to the target, so they can dial in their weapon sights if they have them. The other differences are whether 3rd person is turned on or not and, on the easiest setting, whether maps mark where you are/other players nearby are, which is also much more useful for bandits than survivors. I may be leaving some stuff out, but the level setting doesn't affect how hard things hit or how hard things are to kill.

I'd be interesting with playing with your group, I've only been playing for a couple days but I'm pretty comfortable with the game so far. I'm a 28 year old professional engineer in the central time zone and my normal play times are usually from about 10pm to 1am cst. Please add me on steam my id is Blackout8469.

Cheers

Will

As I said above' date=' I don't launch via Steam (no need when using SixLauncher) but I will certain add you and can keep Steam open if needed.

I've not figured out how to actually form a Group in-game, but there's that as well, in-game chat (which I'd rather have off) and my Vent server.

Haha! "Group play" and gettin' dirty, eh? No problems here... ;)

Maybe you, Sgt. Saunders, myself and anyone else, could all work out the server(s) we want to play on, or play seperately, though it would be great to get a small group together at one time when we can.

[/quote']

Re" Grouping up, that's always the problem... finding each other. lol

But, that comes with the territory in this game.

In-game chat wouldn't help, as global / side chat is disabled... so being able to link up on Ventrillo might be the way to go?? Does Vent have a channel thing that shows who is currently logged in? Just wondering how we would even know that someone else was even playing at any given time.

Re: server choice, speaking for myself, I don't have a preference. I've never set up a tent, never even seen a driveable vehicle, lol, and I usually just pick a server at random. So I'd be cool with whatever server people chose.

PS. WiseGuy, I just sent you a PM and Steam request.

Sgt. Saunders, thanks for the friend invite, I just accepted.

Oh also... I'm not sure if I show up, in Steam, as Keldorr, or as MothMan... might be MothMan... I'm a Steam noob. LOL

I have been playing alone these past few days. Even though I am quite well geared, it gets kinda boring/lonely. So this kind of group is the thing I have been looking for!! Even though I am only 21 years old, I consider myself pretty mature and respectful to others. If you or anybody else that read this is interest in forming a group just pm me or add me in steam. I am currently in the north airstrip. Looking forward to your response.

IGN: Gogims.

Man, your posts are really long....haha... I only say that because it's almost midnight and I'm drunk (no work tomorrow ;)

Anyway...me and two buddies play. 25ish range. One is a PL in the Army and he eats this shit up. We're doing alright by ourselves but in the future may need a good clan. I'd love to get in on this group and fill up a server full of friendlies. Atlanta 59 may be nice if there aren't a lot of PKers.

I'll read this whole thread later...

I would love to join your group.

player name: SLOBlues

PST, CA, GMT -8

love the game, been playing for a few days but really want a group to run with, think it will make the game a lot more fun.

25 experienced gamer, and social FPS player.

please add me on xfire: sloblues

or PM on forums

or can email contact info: zzzorander@gmail.com

hope we can meet up in game :)

Would love to join up with this group aswell

My name ingame is core.-

Drop me the vent info in a pm or just add me on steam for first contact: spartan_john_117@hotmail.com