Sign in to follow this  
Greenhound

Sleeping in tents - Tent then becomes spawn point

Would make setting up a campsite become more vital, because you then don't have to walk for an hour or two just to get back to your camp.

If you walk away why should you magically be transported back?

Or do you mean if you die? It is no longer "your" camp when you die.

I kind of like that idea, have it where if you die once you respawn at your tent but then the tent will despawn after the usual time after death and any subsequent deaths result in normal spawning.

I can't think of any abusive way this could be used and would mix up the whole respawning until you find a decent spawn and crawl your way back north routine.

Here's my possible take on it. You can "sleep" in a tent, all it does is make you lay down in it, obviously it won't move time forwards because other players are playing. What this would do is allow you a safer place to leave the game and save your character. Positive effects:

-Hunger, Thirst, and Cold will not deteriorate while you are offline if you save-exited in a tent.

-Sleeping in a tent for 3 or more server hours heals infection ("sleep it off bro").

-The more obvious advantage of spawning right near the gear stored in your tent, while also spawning inside a camouflaged structure.

Having tents and being able to stay on the same server after dying already contradicts permadeath, it would just be easier not to walk back to your stash everytime you die.

Minecraft style! Yea this would be gamechanging when it comes to this being a permadeath game, but if he ever takes it in a non-perma direction, this could be cool.

Won't happen though. Just my two cents.

Then you'd just set up a tent close to one of airbases, raid/camp it all the time and if you get killed you'll respawn at the tent run back to the body and kill the guy looting it.

Way too many exploits with it.

There's no such thing as permadeath you guys need to understand. You simply respawn then run back to your camp, it's just tedious to walk back.

so you've never died to players i'm guessing or gone back to your body to find it gone/all stuff missing?

What you're asking for is a save point, people will carry tents around thinking "oh this is a dangerous area, I better save before entrering so I can run back to my body/kill the guy that killed me"

It's a stupid idea.

1. So... what happens when I log into a different server?

@Frank:

2. Also, deteriorating ANY stats while offline under ANY circumstance isn't really good. Perhaps you don't want to play for a day or two... would you want to log in, only to find yourself dead because of starvation? No!

have it work one time before the tent despawns after a set period of time.

that way it can't be abused but adds the neat mechanic.

Mhh...

Nope

why do people bother posting in threads with this?

no relevant opinion or information.

hehe kind of like this post

Too easily exploited. I had a similar discussion with a friend and my argument was the same as earlier in this post. The NWAF would be littered with tents.

I like the concept camp spawn, but you have to make it MUCH more difficult to create a spawn point. For example:

To set a spawn point you need 3 key buildings in your camp:

- Tent

- Wire fencing

- Sandbags

*Players can destroy these "buildings" to revoke your ability to spawn there.

*If you died on another server, that's not where your camp is, you spawn like everyone else.

*Buildings are changeable but you get the general idea.

If it's ever implemented (which i hope large camps are, great for the co-op game AND the PVP side of things) It makes sense to allow you to spawn there. Losing one of the required elements would be a way to ruin someones day when they thing they've saved all their gear. when in actual fact, they've been robbed and their sandbags have been torn asunder.

As stated, the "perma-death" thing still applies, you still lose all your hard earned items, you just stop having the run to the tent. It also encourages more co-op if you have larger "buildings" required to create a spawnable camp. And it would have to be defended. since a few random people stumbling onto this camp, would remove that hard worked for perk.

Not sure about a spawnpoint, seems like it contradicts the game, but tents could have some more value when it comes to night and sleeping, perhaps that would mean adding some form of exhaustion to the game, other then food and water where you need to rest in a certain way for a certain time.