Sign in to follow this  
patnard

Add both traductions to the in-game maps

At the moment, the in-game map is kinda useless since there is a bunch of online maps that are way more detailed. Players might however chose to play ''Hardcore'' by using only game items to locate themselves. Problem is, all towns names are in cyrilic (wich is totally logic) BUT why are the in-game maps ALL IN ENGLISH? Good luck associating the name of a town you saw on a post, to its name on your map (some are harder than other). 

My suggestion is to either have the english map replaced by it's cyrilic equivalent, OR having BOTH traductions written on the maps, as it occurs often on real touristics maps. 

• Like 5

Agreed, its never made much sense to have the map only in english, having just cyrillic would be more authentic but i think having both on the map would work out best otherwise we'll forever have people calling Kamyshovo Kambiwobo.

Agreed, its never made much sense to have the map only in english, having just cyrillic would be more authentic but i think having both on the map would work out best otherwise we'll forever have people calling Kamyshovo Kambiwobo.

People already do that.

I would like to see the game translated for other languages. Not everyone knows English neither Russian.

It's more of a "landmark" player attidute reason not to touch the signs.

You may call it an unspoken tradition that is kept among DayZ pleayers. :)

But nevertheless,truth is that a translated version would be helpfull.

Honestly I'd like to see in-game maps have a function that other maps can't fill.

Maybe a big X marking where a gun will definitely spawn, or something. I honestly can't think of anything that an in-game map would have over a browser map that would make maps worth picking up, but there should be something.

I'd prefer it stayed the way it is...It's more fun and immersive learning the meanings naturally and feeling like you're lost and stuff like that...