your holmes

more military firearms

we need more military guns. like really whats up with all the people going CIVILLIAN GUNS PLZ um no, take a look around champ there's zombies. like of course there will be civillian guns but there will probably be WAY more military guns around. don't you think that the first thing to happen would be the military and law enforcement come with their autos to gun down as many zombies as possible? because i sure as hell do.

this would be everywhere. trucks with ma deuce's on the top, ok maybe since it's more eastern, UAZs with like, dushkas or KORDs mounted, maybe URALs filled to the brim with supplies abandoned in the mud out in the forest that were going to the big cities to save the people, (or kill them), so like AK74s and stuff, since the CDF aren't the most well equipped. but hell, they got post soviet equipment.

maybe, maybe there would be an ever so rare T72 in a garage in a real military BASE somewhere. there could be an actual military BASE. like an encampment. but it would have so much loot, maybe vehicles but it would also be jam packed with those helmet zombies. ya know, the ones that take like 4 m4 shots to take out? those ones.

there should be abandoned military vehicles like all over towns. uazs and urals mostly, maybe a few T72s with no fuel or broken treads, something that would make the crew abandon the vehicle only to be slaughtered by the zombies. (of course, not repairable because that would be op xd!! well, actually i don't think almost anyone would know how to repair it.)

this would also bring us to another weapon. either the RPG-18 or RPG-7. two EXTREMELY common military launchers on a nation like chernarus. ever seen a video of syrian rebels? an RPG-7 can take out a T-72 with 2 or 3 rockets. hit the fuel, hit the side, that things gonna be shooting liquid fire out of the turret. the crew would become roasted marshmellows. but all they would know is "You Are Dead."

hell, of course you would have to know how to use like, a tank in real life to be able to use it in game, itw ouldn't just be 2 people moving their mouses pressing WASD. you'd have to probably re-stock the thing to keep it going, refuel, rearm, repair.

in conclusion, without a moment to spare, we need way more military weaponry. this game needs to be more militarized. not like, overly militarized. a T72 should be a very rare sight. like, very rare. i don't want 50 cals snipers other than like a KSVK. cuz that thing's pretty cool. B) swag. and please, i hope you've actually read this before you post a reply like "hell no this is stupid." please give a reason why not. i'd love to see why people agree (or disagree) with me.

edit: i apologize for the tags, i don't want that much western weaponry. maybe m14s.

Edited by your holmes
  • Like 1

more military guns will come.

the recoil for LMGs, like the M249, are in the gamefiles already.

a MP5K will be implemented within the next month for sure.

SVD is in the making.

Edited by irishroy

Maybe not the T-72 as it would end up running over fresh spawns for 99.9% of it's lifetime, and blowing up defenceless people with Small arms the rest. For armor i would like to see something like a turretless BRDM or a museum piece tank like a T-26 or SU-76 that the player would have to completely repair and the gun wouldn't work on. These, especially the SU, (Which has an open top) would be extremely venerable to Molotov's and Explosives but their MGs could dish out some damage. For smaller, a BTR-40.

But military guns being more common than Civilian? I doubt it. The CDF isn't exactly a large force and any guns that actaully left the military bases would be quickly picked up and stored by survivors. Plus, if everyone can get an Assault rifle so quickly - we will probably end up with something like Overwatch private hives. (Absolute complete PvP).

Completely agree on DShKs though. My favorite MG :/ hopefully we will be able to mount PKMs on trucks to. 

(The CDF did use UAZs with DShKs, to)

And there are already wrecked Urals and UAZs...

There's Arma2/3 + Battlefield if you want to play with military weapons... I dont understand this urge for anti-materiel/heavy machine guns at all. I agree in that sense that there should be some BUT! Maybe some very rare global loots, some (also rare) global loot light machine guns.... problem is: ammo spawn. Ridiculous ammo spawn. Fully geared in one hour, and this leads into another f*ckfest called team deathmatch.

Secondly: what OP is forgetting, is that the player isn't a soldier by profession. You aren't playing a military simulation here. Give a assault rifle to a layperson and see what happens. And I dont even want to talk about RPGs or tanks after this example...

Edited by Kuikka

Haha... I keep wondering why people always, ALWAYS wanna change things...

"Hey this is a post apocalyptic survival game originally based on military simulation -wannabe game :D"
"How cool. How about more military weapons, seems pretty boring? And while we are at it, maybe more military vehicles?"
*ends up being military simulation -wannabe with beans*

Edited by Kuikka

Can you read the list of already existing suggestions before you make your own thread next time?

He is banned anyway, I'll just lock this.

• Like 2