Sign in to follow this  
slappyham

Trusting your fellow survivor, in Day Z

:P. Haha, really though, trust is hard to come by in this game.

LOL. Yes I guess I did, because I knew he was! I could see it in his eyes and his body language haha.

So you start a thread with a double post, the video is of you shooting first when you see another survivor with "lol sup" annotations.

And you think this somehow is an excellent way to generate discussion on the topic of trust in DayZ?

Only trust players you know from somewhere else, everyone else will shoot you.

That's why we play as a group coming from other games.

So you start a thread with a double post' date=' the video is of you shooting first when you see another survivor with "lol sup" annotations.

And you think this somehow is an excellent way to generate discussion on the topic of trust in DayZ?

[/quote']

WOW.

Well... You are in General Discussion ;) So this is the discussion board. If you wanna just post a vid and "lol" about it, go to the Gallery-section of the board :)

This is a video I recorded the other day. It shows initial interaction between myself and two others before we choose to team up or not. Every once in awhile you come across people that are reasonable, most of the time not.

Only trust players you know from somewhere else' date=' everyone else will shoot you.

That's why we play as a group coming from other games.

[/quote']

Ah, that doesn't really apply for everyone though. I came into this game completely solo, with no friends or understanding of military/survival techniques. Weeks later, I now co-ordinate an entire survivor group (15-20 people all met in-game, with established campsites and functioning vehicles/helicopters) and we all trust each-other and work together so well because we've had to in order to survive.

In my first few days, I met two other survivors after I hastily retreated into a fire station with a zombie horde gnawing at my heels - only to find two survivors already holed up in the station. Naturally, guns are raised and we're all barking at each-other in Direct Chat in a classic example of a Mexican Standoff.

After a heated debate, we eventually came to agree that we'd probably be better off working together. So we grouped up. Through our travels, we've met and picked up survivor after survivor, all through Mexican Standoffs. Hell, I should probably rename our group just to reflect that.

Point is, you don't NEED to come into this game with a group. There are genuinely trustworthy people out there in DayZ who you may find become your most reliable team-mates in the weeks ahead. Question is, how will you ever find that out if you shoot everyone before you try and get to know them?