>just about all of his gear is gone
>server restart 1 min after
>join another server
>server restart 2 mins after
>join another server
>join last server
>spawn as a freshie

Anyone else noticing gear lose after recent update?

• Like 1

Scheduled Server Maintenance. Perhaps if you had taken the hint.. I dunno. 

• Like 5

And the weekly maintenance rage posts begin! It happens at the same day and time every week. Go grab a snack or drink and they'll be back up soon.

Edited by CANUCKinNZ
  • Like 1

Me and my friend join a server

>just about all of his gear is gone

>join another server

>server restart 2 mins after

>join another server

>join last server

>spawn as a freshie

Anyone else noticing gear lose after recent update?

You lose gear if you server hop too often. Stop server hopping and the gear wont get lost. 

• Like 2

Yea that sucks.

Part of the problem is servers and their stupid 2hour or 1 hour or less restarts.

catering to the dummies that want to be fully geared within 10 minutes of spawning.

• Like 1

Yea that sucks.

Part of the problem is servers and their stupid 2hour or 1 hour or less restarts.

catering to the dummies that want to be fully geared within 10 minutes of spawning.

Go ahead and look it up.. 

there is one out there that literally says: "Every $2 donated gets a restart." (then paypal address). 

Edited by lrish

That many server resets back to back, including rejoin timers. I doubt we are talking about actual server resets to recoup loot. Sounds more like server maintenance.

Join one server.

Crash

Still see server listings as servers are closing.

Join new server.

Crash.

Repeat.

Doesn't sound like loot resets. Sounds like OP is impatient.

• Like 1

there is one out there that literally says: "Every $2 donated gets a restart." (then paypal address).

Wow, that's just shocking..

I'm starting to get a little fed up of all the glitches that come when people start cranking the restarts to an almost hourly basis.

To be honest, it would probably be better if those server admins could just make people spawn with full mil-spec and a stock of supplies, and make it 3 choices for characters "Regular/Hardcore/fully loaded".

I mean it only takes about 30 minutes to get fully geared - and that's if you have to do some running - on those servers anyway, and I imagine it would cut down heavily on server instability.

And to those who would respond to that with "No, that would ruin one of the main parts of the game!", it doesn't matter as hourly restart servers do that anyway.

Edited by tinroofer

Jesus....

Those type of servers need to be black listed and removed from the public hive.

• Like 1

You lose gear if you server hop too often. Stop server hopping and the gear wont get lost. 

Server hopping? As in hopping servers to loot? This wasn't the case. me and my buddy were geared up, even when he lost most of his gear, I just gave him half of mine since we were both using M4's.

And the weekly maintenance rage posts begin! It happens at the same day and time every week. Go grab a snack or drink and they'll be back up soon.

I'm not raging about maintenance, twould be nice if each server had messages saying when the server will be going down.. seeing as some servers have them, I don't understand why all don't

I think the servers that say "Killing will lead to a ban, this is a looting/PVE only server" are the worst.. kinda makes the whole game pointless. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with getting geared up, I enjoy killing for my gear

That many server resets back to back, including rejoin timers. I doubt we are talking about actual server resets to recoup loot. Sounds more like server maintenance.

Join one server.

Crash

Still see server listings as servers are closing.

Join new server.

Crash.

Repeat.

Doesn't sound like loot resets. Sounds like OP is impatient.

OP was pretty impatient I guess, Quite honestly thought my friend and I were just unlucky with the servers

I don't think it helped either that after the third attempt of trying, I changed my name to "Jew Hall"

Edited by IroPslam

NO.

IT TAKES NOT 10 TO 30 MINUTES TO GET FULLY GEARED!!!!   IT TAKES MORE LIKE 2-4 HOURS.

IT TAKES 10 MINUTES TO GET A PRIMARY AND SOME AMMO!!!!

• Like 1

I think the servers that say "Killing will lead to a ban, this is a looting/PVE only server" are the worst.. kinda makes the whole game pointless. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with getting geared up, I enjoy killing for my gear

Well a looting PVE server isn't about getting geared up so much, its about looting, exploring and enjoying the atmosphere, perhaps killing zombies or assisting fellow survivors. If I wanted to play a crappy version of deathmatch, I would fire up a different game. PVP only is the worst, no point in looting if your going to die straight away, no point in zombies or any of the great elements if all you want to do is run in a circle killing people again and again, go and play a deathmatch.

NO.

IT TAKES NOT 10 TO 30 MINUTES TO GET FULLY GEARED!!!!   IT TAKES MORE LIKE 2-4 HOURS.

IT TAKES 10 MINUTES TO GET A PRIMARY AND SOME AMMO!!!!

If I get a svetlo spawn on a fresh restart, I'll be an army guy with a decked out rifle and too much ammo in 30 minutes.

That's why I don't like playing on empty servers. No fun at all compared to gearing up on a 40 player.

Well a looting PVE server isn't about getting geared up so much, its about looting, exploring and enjoying the atmosphere, perhaps killing zombies or assisting fellow survivors. If I wanted to play a crappy version of deathmatch, I would fire up a different game. PVP only is the worst, no point in looting if your going to die straight away, no point in zombies or any of the great elements if all you want to do is run in a circle killing people again and again, go and play a deathmatch.

I take PVE to mean Player vs Everything that moves. I make a point of killing anything with 2 legs on PVE servers, punish them for their sins.

I let a lot of people live on normal servers, they earn their right to live.

• Like 1

its means player vs environment, or co-operative, i am guessing you already know this and intetionally troll people.

A lot of people cannot be bothered with the constant ganking and been shot every 5 seconds in the back for no reason, so we would like to play as if it was a real zombie apocalypse, where like in reality people would value there own life and not sit shooting new survivors for sport.

If you think you are a good PVP player or something like that, go on a high pop server that is intended for PVP, and don't troll on servers that are full of friendly players who wish to avoid conflict, that would be more of a challenge for you instead of slaying people who don't even want to fight.

Such is the level of logic and humanity in the day z community, this comes as no surprise to me

its means player vs environment, or co-operative, i am guessing you already know this and intetionally troll people.

A lot of people cannot be bothered with the constant ganking and been shot every 5 seconds in the back for no reason, so we would like to play as if it was a real zombie apocalypse, where like in reality people would value there own life and not sit shooting new survivors for sport.

If you think you are a good PVP player or something like that, go on a high pop server that is intended for PVP, and don't troll on servers that are full of friendly players who wish to avoid conflict, that would be more of a challenge for you instead of slaying people who don't even want to fight.

Such is the level of logic and humanity in the day z community, this comes as no surprise to me

I join whatever server is fullest. If it happens to be a PVE one, I help people play the other 90% of the game. The fear percentage.

I also never said anything about new spawns. I'm always inland.

• Like 1

Yup because we know the DayZ community is all about exploring! Those servers to me just make it seem like they just welcome casual players, I can somewhat understand the exploring part. Either way classing a sever to a specific game style is just stupid, the whole appeal to me about DayZ is free-will. I understand what your saying about those PVP only servers but to me, it just makes every other situation more appealing seeing as I can approach them any way I want to. The clan I run with are survivors, we generally help out players/new spawns and it is quite rewarding to successfully help someone whilst under pressure, especially if the majority of the players that surround you are only in that city to kill.

Are you seriously implying that in a real zombie apocalypse, the majority of the people that survived wouldn't be out for themselves?

I hate that logic. then again I hate people who cannot play both dynamics of the game, I play survivor and I play bandit, I play survivor because It's nice to be the good guy helping out and chasing down bandits with help from freshspawns who got recently killed. I also like to play bandit because robbing, executing, and murdering are just so fun. 

I make a point of killing anything with 2 legs on PVE servers, punish them for their sins.

+1 mate. Mr. Mosin does not like the friendly kind! Welcome to dayZ where it's nothing but tears!

If I get a svetlo spawn on a fresh restart, I'll be an army guy with a decked out rifle and too much ammo in 30 minutes.

That's why I don't like playing on empty servers. No fun at all compared to gearing up on a 40 player.

maybe 1 out of 5 is a svetlo spawn!     i dont suicide! and i Play mostly on Servers that have around 15 poeple on them!

I'm not raging about maintenance, twould be nice if each server had messages saying when the server will be going down.. seeing as some servers have them, I don't understand why all don't

Because hardly any people know how to set up a BEC scheduler. 

• Like 1

Because hardly any people know how to set up a BEC scheduler. 

I don't understand how they can invest money but not 10 minutes to this video 

I don't understand how they can invest money but not 10 minutes to this video 

True but also not every server provider right now allows the installation of BEC. Without BEC you cannot install it.

Are you seriously implying that in a real zombie apocalypse, the majority of the people that survived wouldn't be out for themselves?

Yes, in a zombie apocalypse similar to Walking Dead or World War Z,,, Where the majority of Survivors are actually Dead, only about 1% of humanity remains...during the days the urban cities are clustefudged with zombies, hungry and moaning, if you fire a shot or shout at someone you can expect hundreds of them charging you down,,, most of humanity lives in small enclaves in the rural areas,, looting carefully and keeping quiet,., meeting another survivor would be a rarity as there is hardly anyone left in the apocalypse, try to survive on your own and see how long you can last, with no one watching your back while you eat or sleep, you wont last long in the zombie apocalypse.

Look at recent events where the population is protesting against the government or come together for a common cause, or fight,,  Ukraine for example,. or the protests Anonymous and Occupy..people are not as hostile as you think, and when there is a great danger you will see acts of heroism and bravery. There are of course those just waiting for a chance for anarchy and to inflict pain on others...however i like to look on the bright side.

Edited by AgentNe0

Yes, in a zombie apocalypse similar to Walking Dead or World War Z,,, Where the majority of Survivors are actually Dead, only about 1% of humanity remains...during the days the urban cities are clustefudged with zombies, hungry and moaning, if you fire a shot or shout at someone you can expect hundreds of them charging you down,,, most of humanity lives in small enclaves in the rural areas,, looting carefully and keeping quiet,., meeting another survivor would be a rarity as there is hardly anyone left in the apocalypse, try to survive on your own and see how long you can last, with no one watching your back while you eat or sleep, you wont last long in the zombie apocalypse.

Look at recent events where the population is protesting against the government or come together for a common cause, or fight,,  Ukraine for example,. or the protests Anonymous and Occupy..people are not as hostile as you think, and when there is a great danger you will see acts of heroism and bravery. There are of course those just waiting for a chance for anarchy and to inflict pain on others...however i like to look on the bright side.

I think you got the enclave part right, But i really think these would be highly factional and hostile towards "outsiders". If you look as almost anoy histrocial societal collapse where food, medicine, etc can no longer be readily obtained due to a break down of the society you see that those who remain are often devided along lines such as race, heritage, religion,etc. and local warloards use these things as a way to justify violence against any individual or group they view as an "outsider".

Im sorry but this idea of everyone bonding together and singing kumbaya around the camp fire doesnt seem likely to me. if histroy teaches us anything a situation like this generally sees people revert to forming social enclaves based on long standing divides in thier society that were mitigated by abundance prior to the collapse.

• Like 1