PeepSquirrel

Here's an idea.... do you have blood on your hands? (Bandito's & Nice People)

Taking PvP out of this mode will just trash it.

PvP (killing other people TO SURVIVE is also PvP just not brainless TDM) is the easy way (It has been my choice thus far).

Why should you try to make contact with other survivors (Going the lonewolf route here) while you can just stalk other survivors, slaughter them and pick their phat lewt?

There's no Moral here, just a thought on how to try and balance the whole bandits vs the good guy.

Here's an idea : looting freshly killed player corpses will cover your hands/clothes with fresh blood thus increasing your "smell" (can't find a better word with my poor english) towards the infected. They can "smell" / notice you further away.

Why not

As long as we're arbitrarily punishing gameplay styles, why not make picking up spawned loot alert all zombies in 100m? Makes about as much sense as this.

Taking PvP out of this mode will just trash it.

PvP (killing other people TO SURVIVE is also PvP just not brainless TDM) is the easy way (It has been my choice thus far).

Why should you try to make contact with other survivors (Going the lonewolf route here) while you can just stalk other survivors' date=' slaughter them and pick their phat lewt?

There's no Moral here, just a thought on how to try and balance the whole bandits vs the good guy.

Here's an idea : looting freshly killed player corpses will cover your hands/clothes with fresh blood thus increasing your "smell" (can't find a better word with my poor english) towards the infected. They can "smell" / notice you further away.

Why not

[/quote']

This wouldn't stop player killing or even slow it down. People would still shoot people, regardless. It would just make them less likely to loot.

looting freshly killed player corpses will cover your hands/clothes with fresh blood

I didn't know you loot players by opening their chest cavity with a hunting knife

looting freshly killed player corpses will cover your hands/clothes with fresh blood

I didn't know you loot players by opening their chest cavity with a hunting knife

That's where they keep all their valuables!

That's where they keep all their valuables!

Damn!

Now I know why I never found NVGs on players

I didn't look in the right spots!!!

Guys, let's please stop with the awkward suggestions about how to identify friend from foe because the obvious and easy way to do this [bandit skins] was removed for reasons as simple as "it's not working".

Right now we have this ridiculous heartbeat function which only works within about 30m. This solution, at best, is laughable and does nothing more than piss me off, so i'm fed up with any other suggestion than the bandit skin coming back.

Without a way to identify bandits, they will always have the upper hand in every situation, which is why you see everyone blasting on sight to obtain preemptive upper hand... I.e. everyone behaves like a bandit. Pure and simple.

This is kind of a good idea. I don't think you should just instantly be covered in blood, or that it should make looting more difficult, however getting a small amount of blood on you after you loot a corpse does make sense.

I'm sick of seeing people dictating how everyone should be playing this mod. The best part of it is you can play who you want. If you want to be a complete jackass and kill fresh spawns, go ahead. Somebody will remember you and kill you at one point, it’s part of the game.

I don't think there needs to be any sort of distinction to survivor or bandit. If Rocket and pals can find a good way to do it without hurting gameplay on both sides I’m all for it though. And yeah, right now bandits have the upper hand if they see you first; solution to this is being careful. You are in a zombie apocalypse.

Note: I'm not a bandit, i've never murdered anyone. Also i'm sure everything i've said has been said before, but same can be said about this thread.

There's no Moral here' date=' just a thought on how to try and balance the whole bandits vs the good guy.

Why not

[/quote']

I agree with this. But only if you kill players in order to eat them.

I'm sick of seeing people dictating how everyone should be playing this mod. The best part of it is you can play who you want. If you want to be a complete jackass and kill fresh spawns' date=' go ahead. Somebody will remember you and kill you at one point, it’s part of the game.

[/quote']

Please tell me how they are supposed to remember the murderer if all the survivors look the same and completely random? If your reply is name tag servers, then I agree, however, these servers are few and far between,also they give distances which is a bit lame.

Guys' date=' let's please stop with the awkward suggestions about how to identify friend from foe because the obvious and easy way to do this [bandit skins'] was removed for reasons as simple as "it's not working".

Right now we have this ridiculous heartbeat function which only works within about 30m. This solution, at best, is laughable and does nothing more than piss me off, so i'm fed up with any other suggestion than the bandit skin coming back.

Without a way to identify bandits, they will always have the upper hand in every situation, which is why you see everyone blasting on sight to obtain preemptive upper hand... I.e. everyone behaves like a bandit. Pure and simple.

When someone commits a murder in real life- does their clothing suddenly change afterwards? Devs admitted it was broken. You're correct about the heart beat (even though it does not piss me off as much as it does for you apparently.)

A new solution is needed to aid with banditry because the community is dying for one.. But I don't mind the current system. You cant tell the murderers out of a crowd of people until its too late.

I'm sick of seeing people dictating how everyone should be playing this mod. The best part of it is you can play who you want. If you want to be a complete jackass and kill fresh spawns' date=' go ahead. Somebody will remember you and kill you at one point, it’s part of the game.

[/quote']

Please tell me how they are supposed to remember the murderer if all the survivors look the same and completely random? If your reply is name tag servers, then I agree, however, these servers are few and far between,also they give distances which is a bit lame.

I was more of thinking word of mouth, people who do this frequently will usually make a name for themselves. The way being, bandit X kills player Y who is a new spawn. Player Y is mad as hell and tells his friend Survivor A, Survivor A tracks down bandit X and kills him. He gets his name from the kill message and these two note down and spread word of Bandit X.

Of course this would not work on servers with kill messages disabled.

As far as I know, it just says "player x was killed". Not the murderer's name or anything, it doesn't even display if someone disconnects anymore [unless there are servers that do, which I haven't seen in a long time. The admin probably has to finagle it to work].

You're buddy can get shot by someone and you see it. If the murderer gets away, the only way you can identify them is if they are carrying the same gun... even then you can't distinguish two different survivors, it's laughable. Which is why you cannot equate this game to real life in any way.

Also, I want to apologize for beating the dead horse in yet another thread. Sorry.

As far as I know' date=' it just says "player x was killed". Not the murderer's name or anything, it doesn't even display if someone disconnects anymore [unless there are servers that do, which I haven't seen in a long time. The admin probably has to finagle it to work'].

You're buddy can get shot by someone and you see it. If the murderer gets away, the only way you can identify them is if they are carrying the same gun... even then you can't distinguish two different survivors, it's laughable. Which is why you cannot equate this game to real life in any way. Just because the game evokes real life emotions, doesn't make it any where near real life.

Also, I want to apologize for beating the dead horse in yet another thread. Sorry.

As far as I know' date=' it just says "player x was killed". Not the murderer's name or anything, it doesn't even display if someone disconnects anymore [unless there are servers that do, which I haven't seen in a long time. The admin probably has to finagle it to work'].

You're buddy can get shot by someone and you see it. If the murderer gets away, the only way you can identify them is if they are carrying the same gun... even then you can't distinguish two different survivors, it's laughable. Which is why you cannot equate this game to real life in any way.

You're buddy can get shot by someone and you see it. If the murderer gets away, the only way you can identify them is if they are carrying the same gun... even then you can't distinguish two different survivors, it's laughable. Which is why you cannot equate this game to real life in any way. Just because the game evokes real life emotions, doesn't make it any where near real life.

Ah, didn't mean the kill message from them killing you. I meant the kill message of when you kill them. And yeah, I believe all of this can be turned off by server settings, as most of the servers I’ve played don't display any of that either.

It's still a pretty ineffective way, and it won't even help you other than the satisfaction of seeing that you have killed a known spawn killer. As you of course wouldn't know beforehand.

Without a way to identify bandits' date=' they will always have the upper hand in every situation, which is why you see everyone blasting on sight to obtain preemptive upper hand... I.e. everyone behaves like a bandit. Pure and simple.

[/quote']

Yea there are no survivors, and everyone just KOS'es.

/sarcasm

If you want to do something other than banditry, then DO IT. But don't complain when you can't just run into the open yelling "FRIENDLY HERE, ANYONE AROUND?" and get picked off by a bandit. Don't be a moron.