Sign in to follow this  
tu_legitimate@aol.com

Entire player population on server dies at once (NY 77)

Date/Time: 6/23/2012 2:50pm EST

What happened: At 2:50pm EST my character died instantly along with the rest of the player population on server NY 77 with no warning or cause.

Where you were: Just outside of Cherno.

What you were doing: Crouched, looking at the docks in Cherno.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 Arma 2 beta patch: 93965

*Server(s) you were on: NY 77 ~60 players on with a max of 70 I believe.

*Your system specs: Windows 7 32bit, GTX 470 graphics, Intel core i5 2500K, 8 GB DDR3 ram, Asus P67 motherboard.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Was scouting on the out skirts of Cherno and made my way to the west side of the city. The server I was on restarted so I joined NY 77 the most populated server on my server browser. I then connected and proceeded to scan the city's edge for about 10 minutes when suddenly I just fell over and died. There were notifications flying up on the bottom left side of my screen with players names announcing they were also dead. The players in the server then began discussing their frustration and anger in the direct communication channel.

(Was told I should post this on the "Cheating Forum", originally posted under "Bug Reports".)

You were most likely nuked by a hacker, an occurence in which a hacker somehow tells the game server to kill all players.

In my opinion, the hacking in DayZ is running rampant. In 9/10 servers I join I almost always encounter hacking of some sort. This incident was just one of many Im sure. After countless hours of scavenging and surviving to die like that is pretty infuriating. I understand this is Alpha, but I hope some higher security measures are added in a future update sometime soon. I understand hacking is inevitable, but to run into it this often is pretty ridiculous.