Sign in to follow this  
GunnyITA

Doesn't the rifles have too much loot?

In a potential apocalipse we are living/playing i pretty find unbeleivable that any survivor has a rifle on his back.

Seems handguns have a limited use on the game. Bacause within 10-15 mins you start a new game and a new char, you do already know where to go and one of the first thing you are going to loot it's gonna be a rifle. Even if it is a shotgun, an m4 or a mosin.

I would suggest to reduce all rifles loot and increase a little bit magazines and pistol loots.

everyone has a rifle on his back.

Any videogame you start to play  you don't start with the rifle or the shotgun (exept Quake 1 LOL ? ) .

Most of the game you do start with your own fists or an handgun.

If more weapons will be implemented, probably someone will start with a bazooka within 10 mins -.-

Edited by GunnyITA

Hunting rifles are actually pretty common, but I agree with you how handguns dont have almost any meaning in DayZ

• Like 1

Easier to take out a group of people with a .45 than a double barrel.

Also I'd warrant that a shotgun or hunting rifle is going to be much more common amongst the farming villages of Chernarus.

First off, I will take my time to ridicule your thread title.

ha-ha-nelson-Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-

Second, I don't think the loot is balanced yet and logically I'd say right now it is the way it is for testing purposes. The more people use these weapons the easier it'll be to find most if not all related bugs. However going with that logic, it doesn't make sense that pistol spawns are rarer and their magazines even more so. vov

• Like 4

Pistols have their place in close quarters.  I'd rather use a pistol than a mosin/blaze/sporter for clearing a building.  I'd personally rather use one of the 15 round pistols instead of an sks as well, but that's personal preference and the sks has better stopping power of course.

I think pistol mags should be more commonly found.

Hunting rifles are actually pretty common, but I agree with you how handguns dont have almost any meaning in DayZ

Not to mention their combat effectiveness is near nil.

Id like to see more improvised weapons such as nailed planks and bone shanks with the pistols being rare, same with hunting rifles, and any other guns being very rare

Id like to see more improvised weapons such as nailed planks and bone shanks with the pistols being rare, same with hunting rifles, and any other guns being very rare

Personally, I'd rather have to find rifles in the normal houses of people who once clutched to them with their dying hands as hordes of infected eventually got to them or other people did. I think it'd be pretty cool instead of just having it on the ground c: 

While we are at it lets make clothing rare too and you have to craft mandiapers from deer skin. :p

• Like 1

No everyone has a rifle on its back and even when they have its not necessarily loaded! Agreed more mags for pistol required. .45/9mm ammo is common loot but mags? :(

Rifles far outnumber pistols in most of the world.

FAR FAR FAR  outnumber.

i agree , guns need to be far rarer. For example the piano house seems to have a 90% chance of spawnign a gun, same with top floor school.

Could these locations and similar reduce to about 10 or 20% chance of rifle spawn and then replace a lot of these with non fatal, or 'mid range' Im thinking a new tier should introduce that sits between melee and guns, similar to crossbows etc

Melee and improvised weapons should be more common.

Power tools- Drills, sanding discs, Chainsaws, Hammers, Sledgehammer, Bigger machetes, KATANA, Dumbells, blow torches,

Non Fatal ranged weapons: Nail Gun, Taser Gun, BB guns, fire works- cracklers, rockets, flares, flare gun, Paintball gun,

Also kind of similar they could have basic vechicles that are between walking and a car- such as rollerskates, BMX, mountain bike, skateboard, unicycle

Snip

Melee and improvised weapons should be more common.

KATANA

Non Fatal ranged weapons: Nail Gun

Katanas in Czech Republic esq places? Well call me billy joe bob McFarlarn we have ourselves some eastern european ninjas. 

Also nail guns are pretty deadly in a horrible, horrible way. I like the idea regardless though c: 

First off, I will take my time to ridicule your thread title.

ha-ha-nelson-Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-

Second, I don't think the loot is balanced yet and logically I'd say right now it is the way it is for testing purposes. The more people use these weapons the easier it'll be to find most if not all related bugs. However going with that logic, it doesn't make sense that pistol spawns are rarer and their magazines even more so. vov

If you think my thread is funny, then explain me the logic to find nowhere a handgun and, as someone happens, you go inside a Fire Station and there's 3 handguns none with magazines. Or a Military DPM Jacket inside a Fire station.....Or you do go inside a School and you find an M4. Otherwise An Epinephrine inside a restaurant.  What's the sense of find these things on these place I really don't know. Spawn are random but BADLY made!

As said from a guy above: 90% of times Piano House has a "Rifle" inside. Why never an Handgun? Give me it also without magazine i don't care! For me will means hardly to survive and to search my stuff...

Right now everyone has a rifle and ready to go within 15 mins! Because exept M4 all rifle don't need magazines and don't take space from you inventory, you do just put your bullets inside!

Explain me how it is possible otherwise I'll say an "AH-AH" to you....

Edited by GunnyITA

Katanas in Czech Republic esq places? Well call me billy joe bob McFarlarn we have ourselves some eastern european ninjas. 

Also nail guns are pretty deadly in a horrible, horrible way. I like the idea regardless though c: 

Balance between fun and realism!!!

I think Guns are OP, naturally, i try to think of some fun weapons that are deadly but require much more skill, or up close, than a simple mouse click shoot

A katana, naturally, would be a friendly nod/ easter egg to a favourite character from TWD

I would love to see friendly nods to other games/ films in the genre. As other zombies games have done. Thanks

Balance between fun and realism!!!

I think Guns are OP, naturally, i try to think of some fun weapons that are deadly but require much more skill, or up close, than a simple mouse click shoot

A katana, naturally, would be a friendly nod/ easter egg to a favourite character from TWD

I would love to see friendly nods to other games/ films in the genre. As other zombies games have done. Thanks

I don't watch TWD so I didn't know the Katana was a thing of yours from that. I was just literally thinking of Nordic Samuri roaming about Samurai Jack esq style but..somehow nordic. I don't know but that's what first came to mind when I saw Katana + Chernerus xD

• Like 1